Gretsch Events

We’re doing this! The Underground Roundup V1.

should we DM/e-mail for info, or will you e-mail info or post here (the latter of which i'd think is inadvisable)? i should have the TV Filters Pro Jet done by the time of the event if i can get a B3 here in time.

should we DM/e-mail for info, or will you e-mail info or post here (the latter of which i'd think is inadvisable)? i should have the TV Filters Pro Jet done by the time of the event if i can get a B3 here in time.

– macphisto

Message sent, please confirm if and when you receive it, thanks.

Hmm... not that far from Brooklyn! Thinking about it fo sure. I play instro and am happy to mask up (like I said, Brooklyn!) when not eating or drinking. And I have a car I never seem to use these days. It probably already has enough gas in it to make the trip, lol.

Curt, thank you for pulling this together. I would love to join, but unfortunately will not be able to attend.

Curt, thank you for pulling this together. I would love to join, but unfortunately will not be able to attend.

– Metman

Nooooooooo!

i may not be able to make it. it is still my intention, but right now my relationship may be in its death throes and in that case i won't be suitable company. i went to the 2010 NorCal seeking solace after being sacked from my job, and it didn't go well. i don't want to impose my weirdness on the unsuspecting. i hope i can still make it.

If you can’t make it you’ll be missed, takin’ care of yourself and others is something that can’t be overlooked, we’ll catch you at the next one.

Hmm... not that far from Brooklyn! Thinking about it fo sure. I play instro and am happy to mask up (like I said, Brooklyn!) when not eating or drinking. And I have a car I never seem to use these days. It probably already has enough gas in it to make the trip, lol.

– seadevil

Sounds like a nice drive out of the city and a fun day at the farm.

Can I come? I'll bring my custom shop Penguin and an acoustic.

Been taking lessons so now I can actually play

Would love to be there no I can't.

Can I come? I'll bring my custom shop Penguin and an acoustic.

Been taking lessons so now I can actually play

– UncleGrumpy

Everyone is welcome.

UPDATE; Sorry but yes dreaded group letter #3 (Final)

As the temps will be cooler than originally expected please know that the barn is heated and I’m working on getting some of those patio propane heaters for outside and we’ll have the fire pit which is large and will be warm.

Also, if you have a favorite beverage feel free to add it to the community ice chest.

Once again we have the backline handled so just bring your instrument.

Anything else I’ve forgotten we’ll do without and will have to go with the oh well eye roll.

Any questions don’t hesitate to call me.

Remember people are welcome to sleep in the barn but you need to bring a sleeping bag.

Looking forward to this, lets have a blast.

for the record, everything's cool and i'm stoked. just got a Guild Aristocrat that i'm totally in love with.

I thought about not writing this but I think it must be said. It’s been suggested that the roundups have to do with promoting business or some other nefarious act.

Typically I offer up the bewildered look and shake my head and just say I’m sorry you see it that way.

It’s the farthest thing from a smart business decision anyone could make so clearly it’s not even remotely close to that. Preaching to the choir makes no sense. For those that don’t get it, the people I’ve met through the roundups have become my most respected and closest friends. We do these things for the fun of playing and mutual admiration, not for the mighty dollar or what we might win.

This Saturday’s roundup will not offer a single giveaway of anything other than a place to play, some food, outrageous noise and friendship. It should also be noted that the venue is offered up free of charge from my neighbors that I don’t even know very well.

Let’s have some fun.

PS I was going to say that stupidity frustrates me but I decided against saying that.

I thought about not writing this but I think it must be said. It’s been suggested that the roundups have to do with promoting business or some other nefarious act.

Typically I offer up the bewildered look and shake my head and just say I’m sorry you see it that way.

It’s the farthest thing from a smart business decision anyone could make so clearly it’s not even remotely close to that. Preaching to the choir makes no sense. For those that don’t get it, the people I’ve met through the roundups have become my most respected and closest friends. We do these things for the fun of playing and mutual admiration, not for the mighty dollar or what we might win.

This Saturday’s roundup will not offer a single giveaway of anything other than a place to play, some food, outrageous noise and friendship. It should also be noted that the venue is offered up free of charge from my neighbors that I don’t even know very well.

Let’s have some fun.

PS I was going to say that stupidity frustrates me but I decided against saying that.

– Curt Wilson

So, I shouldn’t have invited the ShamWow guy?

So, I shouldn’t have invited the ShamWow guy?

– NJBob

I dug up the original oxy clean guy but his volume didn't work, I took it as a sign.

Wish I could come, but it’s a long way from FL.

Let’s have some fun.

– Curt Wilson

Nothing about this or any other post I've ever read from you would suggest that to me. SMH. Haters gonna hate.

Hope Y'all have fun...damn sure wish I could be there.

Let’s have some fun.

– Curt Wilson

Darn. Since I can't make it, I was hoping to win a free fret job by proxy.

Hope you folks have a great time, Curt. Looks to be a sweet venue, and we already know the caliber of the attendees.

It appears that I must bail. Too many projects around the house that I must make progress on before the weather chills. Losing half the weekend, as much fun as it would be, is ill-advised for me.

And I've lately picked up a few new toys that I would love to bring up and play with.

Dangit.

Sorry.

Paul/FF909

No reason to be sorry Paul, we’re only doing this for those that need it.

Good luck with the projects!

I hope there will be lots of pix and videos for those of us who can’t be there! Sounds like a hoot in the holler!

Sounds like it will be a good time. Have fun everyone! Take care and be safe!

Ryan

Register Sign in to join the conversation