Gretsch Events

Vivia Las Vegas in a month. Who is going?

Only 30 days left. You all should go if you can. Vince Ray was there last year. Also Powdog. This year is crazy with the Stray cats, Duane eddy, and the killer. Please make it to the Car show at least. See ya there

We'll be there. Not playing there this year, but some friends are, and it's always a good time. Looking forward to Duane, the Cats, and Jerry Lee.

Gretsch has been there in the past I think. Didn't see them last year. Anyone know if they will be involed this year? They did give away a g5120 in a drawing.

Joe was there. Brought a pair of Executives, which Jim Heath used at the car show.

Historically, Gretsch (namely, Joe) is in attendance to provide loaner instruments to bands who travel from afar to perform and don't want to (or can't) bring their own guitars. Doesn't mean they'll always be there, doesn't mean there will be a guitar giveaway like I've seen there on occasion, but if you see a guy there with a big smile, that'll likely be Joe.

It’s going to a big Gretsch day in Vegas, with the main stage absolutely full of them from 3pm on...April 21.

I expect to see each and every one of you there. : ) Or maybe even a few. It’s always great to see our GDP friends out in the real world.

A band around here I know, the Rock-a-Sonics are going, I think. All the visual iconography ..hep cats, '49 Mercs, hot babes, 6120s ... love it.

I just saw the Delta Bombers two weeks ago in Reno. Las Vegas natives. A lot of fun. They’ll be at Viva. A good act to catch.

I'll be there for that Saturday's big triple bill.

I just saw the Delta Bombers two weeks ago in Reno. Las Vegas natives. A lot of fun. They’ll be at Viva. A good act to catch.

– Powdog

They're awesome. My band shared a bill with them this past September. Pumped to see them on their home turf!

We'll be there Saturday. Driving down from Wyoming through Fruita and Moab to mountain bike a bit on the way and staying in St George. Really looking forward to it.

A few picks from viva this year.

Would have been nice to get closer. Lots of nice people there

I was up close, so here're three pix for those that weren't, and weren't there at all...

And three feral felines with humans eating out of their hands.

I think I must have been just in front of Nick 6120 during the Stray Cats. Was closer for Duane.

Register Sign in to join the conversation