Gretsch Events

The Official 2018 Nashville Roundup thread

LiRM, I think. Some variation of that. Hey Darren, howdy. From Manhattan, KS?

This Gretsch Groupie has sent in Brandy's and my request, Dave. Let me know if you don't get it, please.

LiRM, I think. Some variation of that. Hey Darren, howdy. From Manhattan, KS?

– Proteus

That's it, LiRM!

Yeah. LiRM and some digits or such. Darren has been missed these past few years. I just wanted to put a face with the name, so to say. I knew you guys wouldn't remember him by Darren, on the pages.

I got John's and Olivia's emails.

This thing is coming together so fast.

Ok, what's the level of consternation gonna be if the only guitar I bring is this little Benton Cabronita?

Why you make me look up big words.

Sounds great. We'll plug her in and see what comes out. You do realize you are the King of Gretsch on the internet though, right? Bordering on Sacrilege. LoL!

Hold me a private room, please, preferably in the Cabin. Will email soon...

Send me an email but Cabin's all booked.

Seriously bookings are coming in fast.

Email sent!

Whew! Didn’t realize this booked so fast. Good thing my request is in.

It's a good thing I live locally and don't generally stay onsite. I can book pretty darn late and not affect anybody's ability to get a bed.

Dave, will be emailing you soon.. gotta see what Amy's schedule is, so that we can figure meals.

Thank you for doing this, Dave. Booked!

BTW, I let Dave know that I can bring: a PA system for the barn- 15” mains, monitors and two mics/ stands; and/or the Bose system which was used in the boardroom last year; a pop up shelter; food for the cookout, and of course, beer. I’ve got a big truck with plenty of room, so you folks lemme know.

So far so good with me being in Nashville ,If I go I wonder is someone will let me borrow a Gretsch guitar for a few songs as im sure not taking any of mine on an Airplane.

I Will Email you SuperDave.

Ok, what's the level of consternation gonna be if the only guitar I bring is this little Benton Cabronita?

– Baxter

Wait a minute...

The owner of the GDP isn't bringing a Gretsch?

I feel a baptism in the crick is in order.

What say you, Reverend Dave?

So far so good with me being in Nashville ,If I go I wonder is someone will let me borrow a Gretsch guitar for a few songs as im sure not taking any of mine on an Airplane.

I Will Email you SuperDave.

– LA_Manny

I guarantee that there will be more loose guitars available for play than you'll find at a music store... Just bring yourself, and you'll be covered.

Wait a minute...

The owner of the GDP isn't bringing a Gretsch?

I feel a baptism in the crick is in order.

What say you, Reverend Dave?

– crowbone

Or like in American Graffiti, tie him to the car and drag him...

BTW, I let Dave know that I can bring: a PA system for the barn- 15” mains, monitors and two mics/ stands; and/or the Bose system which was used in the boardroom last year; a pop up shelter; food for the cookout, and of course, beer. I’ve got a big truck with plenty of room, so you folks lemme know.

– Zigracer

Zig, if you don't mind Yuengling, we've got the beer covered.

Zig, what's your mixer and amplification for that PA?

Tim, Here are the basic specs:

Carvin XP1000L Stereo 8 Channel powered mixer, 1200 watts RMS (1600W peak) power from 3 power amplifiers for Left, Right, and a third power amplifier for floor monitors. Each of the 3 amplifiers delivers 400w RMS (530w Peak) at 4 ohms or 300w RMS (400w peak) at 8 ohms.

8 balanced XLR input channels, plus two channels with stereo inputs for a total of 10 inputs. Each channel features: professional low noise microphone pre amplifiers, Gain controls (first 6 channels), 3-band EQ, Effects, Main, and Monitor levels. Active Low Mid and Hi channel EQ controls plus three 7 band graphic EQ (R/L & Monitor) enhance intelligibility for Hi-Fi quality. Separate floor monitor graphic EQ.

That’ll do-do-do! If you’re really willing to schlep it, I can leave my rack and Peavey cabs at home and greatly ease my transportation pain. Sure it’s no problem?

I’ll still bring more mics, stands, and roadcase with QSC power amp and graphic eqs to augment as needed.

What about speaker stands? Easy to throw those in too.

I have the speaker stands. I’ll bring ‘em. Tim, if you could bring extra mics/stands and XLR cables to go with them, that would be great!

Yep, I can bring P.A. number 2 with me. Same set up as before.

I just ordered earplugs...says their Redrocker-proof. I hope so.

Register Sign in to join the conversation