Gretsch Events

The Official 2018 Nashville Roundup thread

How long between Roundups until you' are considered a newb again? I'm thinking I might like a second brand to match the last one.

Also, the shirt looks cool.

Wow, Bob.

Can I get that in a bowling shirt?

It would make a cool bowling shirt. I can send you the Illustrator files.

Hey Darren. A new branding would be in order for you. (wink)

You'll have to remind everyone what your previous screen name was.

@Suprdave- If you recall, last year Proteus gave us the option of having the large image on the front or back, as there was a split preference among the attendees. I was surprised we were given the option, (but also delighted as I preferred The large image on the front) that was going the extra mile by Tim!

I’ll bring a Gretsch kit for the boardroom since Bob has the barn kit covered.

Cool, Sammy. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Wholeheartedly backatcha , bud.

@Suprdave- If you recall, last year Proteus gave us the option of having the large image on the front or back, as there was a split preference among the attendees. I was surprised we were given the option, (but also delighted as I preferred The large image on the front) that was going the extra mile by Tim!

– Twom

Twom, I'm gonna leave that up to Proteus. He's taking on the shirts again this year. I am so lucky to have such a great backline of people helping to make all of this come together.

I have reservation requests coming in from all over and this party is starting to come together. I get a little welled up when it's time to leave and I get giddy as a schoolgirl when I get there on Thursday afternoon. You folks are so special to Karolyn and I.

It blows me away what these have become, over the years. I really want to go to Cali some day and experience that as well.

Gretsch people are the freakin' best!

SAMMY!!! So glad to hear that you're coming. Thanks for offering up your drums and skills. You Da Man!

I'm SO in; Dave, count Brandy and me in our "usual' new spot, please. But, forgive me if I'm tardy in my usual paperwork and responses.

I'm heading off to far and distant climes for another swell time with none other than Gretsch Endorsed Artist, Gavin Leslie Pring, for International Beatleweek, in Liverpool. He will be joined in his band, George Harry's Son, by another Gretsch Endorsed Artist, Danilo Fiani, and Kevin Ashba, on the keys. On my way, I'll have a couple of days in Henley-on-Thames to poke around the environs of Friar Park, and then to Bhaktivedanta Manor to visit the Krishna's Garden dedicated to George.

Those of you who know me know that I first met Gavin in 2005. He and I have become close friends over the years. I adore Gavin and his wife, Meghan, and his son, Cillian. Gavin has known that my dream is to see him, as George, in the Cavern. He was slated to appear last year; so, I went--he didn't.

This year, he's there, Big Time. Here's where I'll be if you're looking for me. Here Comes the Sun. It's All Right.

I'm SO in; Dave, count Brandy and me in our "usual' new spot, please. But, forgive me if I'm tardy in my usual paperwork and responses.

I'm heading off to far and distant climes for another swell time with none other than Gretsch Endorsed Artist, Gavin Leslie Pring, for International Beatleweek, in Liverpool. He will be joined in his band, George Harry's Son, by another Gretsch Endorsed Artist, Danilo Fiani, and Kevin Ashba, on the keys. On my way, I'll have a couple of days in Henley-on-Thames to poke around the environs of Friar Park, and then to Bhaktivedanta Manor to visit the Krishna's Garden dedicated to George.

Those of you who know me know that I first met Gavin in 2005. He and I have become close friends over the years. I adore Gavin and his wife, Meghan, and his son, Cillian. Gavin has known that my dream is to see him, as George, in the Cavern. He was slated to appear last year; so, I went--he didn't.

This year, he's there, Big Time. Here's where I'll be if you're looking for me. Here Comes the Sun. It's All Right.

– Olivia Anne

Waitaminnit...Kevin Ashba? I’ve played with him! Monster keyboard player based here in Columbus! That’s awesome!!!!!

Waitaminnit...Kevin Ashba? I’ve played with him! Monster keyboard player based here in Columbus! That’s awesome!!!!!

– tubwompus

Kevin is the only artist well known to me that plays nearly every gig at a festival. He played to welcome guests at 2pm, then at 5pm opened our first Imagine Something Yesterday, played the main show in support of Laurence Juber, Steve Holley, Denny Laine, Jay Geoppner, Marky Lennon, AND then played the first ever gig of Gavin's reconfigured • George • Harry's • Son •, until 4:30 a.m. THEN HE THANKED US FOR INVITING HIM. He's a bona fide treasure. We should drag him to a Roundup. He's an honorary Gretsch Guy he plays with so many Gretsch endorsed artists.

He won the first Abbey Road on the River Be a Beatle singing competition. Gretsch Endorsed Artist, Peter Conrad, hired him for his Traveling Beatleburys on the spot, 13 years ago. He comes to NAMM with Joe's Gretsch Gang.

I love him, and his Sarah, loads.

I was gonna show up but then talk about the beatles made me decide I should stay far far away :)

I was gonna show up but then talk about the beatles made me decide I should stay far far away :)

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Don't make me rat you out. Oh Boy, oh Boy, oh Boy. This is gonna be great!

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

I think it’s the unprovoked groupie spewing that makes me queasy, total acid reflux.

Im planning on coming.

1. To listen
  2. Eat
  3. Laugh
  4. Drink
  5. Rattlesnake patrol
  6. Quilt management
  7. Make noise
  8. Smile incesantly.

Remember folks, if you want a quote for Nashville, email me with your preferences and I'll send you a quote. Saying it here wont get that done.

Hugs and kisses! Mwah!

Sent my quote request in. Let me know if you don't receive it.

Didn't get it John. dmiller at DPAT dot com try that instead of the PM feature.

I should've known!

I'll resend.

Hey Darren,

Weren't you known as Lerm on the Pages at one time?

That's what is was, welcome back LEARM! or LERM......

Register Sign in to join the conversation