Gretsch Events

The Official 2018 Nashville Roundup thread

Well it's that time again. The 2018 Nashville Roundup. I hope I can do this thread close to the same justice that Bob does his NorCal but I'm not as eloquent with words. So with that I'm sure all that y'all want is the details any way, right? Sept 20th through the 23rd 2018

Nestled in the Tennessee hills near Nashville lies Hachland (pronounced Ha-land,the ch is silent...I know,right) Hills Vinyard/Farms/B&B. It's a quaint little spot in the woods about 13 acres of lovliness and serenity, until we get there. Then it becomes one long three and a half day Jam with all of the most fantastic people on the planet. The most unique part of this Roundup is the all inclusiveness of it. Once you've paid to show, You would really never have to leave,though you are allowed to, of course. If you're travelling fom afar and have no way to travel with gear, there's no issue. There will be all kinds of nice people offer theirs for use. Thursday night, as always, will be our cookout and acoustic get together. That doesn't mean that you can't sneak down to the barn and plug in, it happens. Our cookout is a paper plate meal that consists of Burgers and Tartan Phantoms famous beans and a few other simple things thrown together. Occasionally others will bring something to offer, and it's welcome on this evening only. Hachland has a strict rule about bringing food in otherwise and our Thursday night cookout is a priveledge that we have earned. This is a great time to rub shoulders with and get to know any newbies or for newbies to get know oldies.

Friday is normally a free for all. Normally people will work together to learn songs to present later either in the barn or up at the boardroom. This is also a good day to sneak away to Nashville so keep that in mind if you want to go downtown, you may want to skip having lunch with us. A lot of time the wives will plan something on this day or Saturday during the day (normally Saturday). Sometimes the guys also run off to peruse the music stores in the area. Last year was when Rob picked up an old Vintage Gretsch and you can see it on last years report. Saturday starts off as a free for all as well but Saturday evening we have a nice dinner and then proceed to the campfire for the annual branding ceremony. Afterwards, The Joe Carducci show Starring Joe with a cast of GDP misfits on instruments "The Barnbusters" and our resident humorist Crowbone as comic relief and giveaway consortium. Fun for all and somebody's gonna win sumpin'.

Sunday morning we all have to say goodbye after a nice breakfast. Hugs kisses and pats on the whatever usually see our way to our vehicles with whatever we brought, plus whatever we may have obtained whilst there. It always sucks saying goodbye and I always feel like we need to add one more day.

Rooms this year are $160.00 for double occupancy, per night. ( email me if there will be more per room so we can discuss. )

$80.00 for singles. (shared bathroom) plus all applicable taxes and fees.

Breakfast is included for those staying at the facility. If you stay off site you can still join us for breakfast for $17.00 ea

Lunches are $22.00 ea and dinners are $30.00 ea

$35.00 ea entry fee which covers Thursday night cookout and some of the facility fees.

I know that this is the priciest Roundup but it's a ton of fun and we have worked dilligently with Hachland to get things as affordable as possible. BYOB is allowed and there may even be some there to share. There is also lodging nearby (a Days Inn) about 5 miles down the road a bit, for those on a budget.

Do not contact Hachland hills. They will tell you to contact me and Karolyn. I will collect all fees and give them one check upon arrival. (yeah, fun stuff.) My contact info is dmiller at DPAT dot COM I think I covered everything but if you have any questions, please feel free to post your questions here or email me. Carter Hach will work with those with special Dietary needs, as well.

Please put Nashville Roundup in your subject so I don't get you confused with spam.

Thanks. Suprdave and NanaK from Indiana

I’m in.

Having never been to Hachland though, I am a little confused. Is there some sort of a dorm situation with multiple roommates or are singles simply randomly paired up with someone? Also, will there be a comprehensive total of costs to include taxes and fees, etc.? Thanks

I’m comming. I can bring drums for the barn like last year.

I’m in.

Having never been to Hachland though, I am a little confused. Is there some sort of a dorm situation with multiple roommates or are singles simply randomly paired up with someone? Also, will there be a comprehensive total of costs to include taxes and fees, etc.? Thanks

– Baba Joe

Joe, first timers are required to sleep in the barn and guard the gear. The good news is you only pay the single rate.

Hey Baba Joe,

The $160.00 rooms are private and covers up to two people but if you want a private bathroom, this is the way to go. The $80.00 rooms are shared bathroom and set up somewhat as a dorm room or shared room. The beds are nicer than dorm cots for sure. When you send an email, requesting which room and which meals, I will send an itemized quote. You can then decide to go with that quote or request that I adjust meals, or whatever, and I will send another quote to you.

I wont bill anyone. I just await your requests, adjust the quote to match all of your options, with all applicable taxes and fees,and then you pay me via paypal the amount agreed upon once you've seen the quote.

Meals are optional but we'd like to see everyone at dinner on Saturday night, if possible. Part of the charm of Hachland was the fact that we could all sit and enjoy meals and have that extra social experience. It's different than the one we experience with our instruments.

I hope that helps.

are singles simply randomly paired up with someone?

unless you coordinate with someone else that is requesting a single and I can make those adjustments. Let me know.

@ NJBob. Okay. I always wanted to try all of the cool Gretches in one sitting. Just leave the keg there; I’ll be good.

Joe, first timers are required to sleep in the barn and guard the gear. The good news is you only pay the single rate.

– NJBob

Bob, you forgot to mention that first-timers are also the first to get branded on Saturday night.

...for that brand-new smell.

Thanks for offering up drums, Bob. That will be a big help.

Hey Baba Joe,

You'll like it at Hachland Hills. It's a step up from the Shack Up Inn!

Smells like fried chicken.

– Bob Howard

Deep-fried in Moonshine.

All of this branding talk is making me a little nervous. I never heard of branding anything other than boards and an occasional guitar. I guess what happens in the barn really does stay in the barn.

Fortunately, although I have never been to Hachland, I did attend the first alternative Nashville Roundup in Clarksdale (thanks Hoot Owl for remembering). So technically I think the torch gets passed onto someone else. Whew!

I have heard about moonshine however.

I guess what happens in the barn really does stay in the barn.

Well, and the ER.

OK, pass it around. Baba Joe doesn't get branded. He's immune for having Clarksdaled.

All of this branding talk is making me a little nervous. I never heard of branding anything other than boards and an occasional guitar. I guess what happens in the barn really does stay in the barn.

Fortunately, although I have never been to Hachland, I did attend the first alternative Nashville Roundup in Clarksdale (thanks Hoot Owl for remembering). So technically I think the torch gets passed onto someone else. Whew!

I have heard about moonshine however.

– Baba Joe

Don't worry too much about the branding.

As you can see from the irons the next morning, the charred skin flakes off easily afterward. And hey, once the nerves are seared, you won't feel a thing.

But if you insist on ruining a perfectly good board instead, we can accommodate that as well.

Call me crazy, how about T-shirt artwork featuring the whole branding deal with the G and the number 11?

Sorry, back to discussion at hand.

Call me crazy, how about T-shirt artwork featuring the whole branding deal with the G and the number 11?

Sorry, back to discussion at hand.

– Deed Eddy

I like that idea a lot, Deed. I only wish that I had come up with it first.

Well once again I have put it upon Bob Howard to come up with a T-Shirt design. Here's what we've got folks.

That’s a real spiffy shirt design ! Cant wait to see you all down at the barn.

That’s a real spiffy shirt design ! Cant wait to see you all down at the barn.

We'll do like last year, Large on the back with a small logo on front chest.

Okay. With the branding issue cleared up and the cool shirt, I’m in.

Register Sign in to join the conversation