Gretsch Events

The First Brooklyn Roundup is Coming! April 14, 2018

And here's what I'm moving on to:

I'll be organizing and co-hosting the first Roundup in the birthplace of Gretsch guitars––Brooklyn, New York.

It will be an all-day, into-the-night affair on April 14, 2018.

I'm certain that you will not be surprised to see that my co-host is Rocky Schiano, and the venue will be:

StreetSoundsNYC
9206 3rd Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11209

To prevent frequently asked questions from being asked at all, here are some answers:

1. This will not replace the annual Gretsch Day at StreetSounds. That is a horse of a different color, with professional acts exclusively and more a brand promotional effort. It's a great time in its own right, but Roundups are different.

2. Yes, I'm bringing the go-go dancers with me. Not sure yet exactly where they'll be able to dance. A detail. We won't sweat the details. We'll make it happen. You're welcome.

3. The Giant 45 RPM Record tradition will continue, too, as StreetSounds has its own (Marc and I built it for Rocky several years ago).

4. The souvenir cloisonné pin tradition will make the move, as well.

5. Yes, you can buy a guitar or two from Rocky while you're there.

6. Joe Carducci will be in the house!

I've got a feeling that some distant GDPers may want to make a pilgrimage to StreetSounds for this party and have an overnight or two stay. If so, please register your interest in this discussion thread, and if I see enough lodging interest, I'll look into finding a serviceable nearby hotel and getting a bulk rate. No guarantees there, but we've got time to sort that out.

More details as they take form.

I told you it's good.

Paul/FF909

So, why don't you tempt me some more, Paul!!

Great to see this event happen. A great location too!

Is Gretschday still in June?

So the death-of-Balto thread was just a setup to moving-it-to-Brooklyn RU. Fanfreakintastic!
Likely to get more GDPers, too.

What about the Gretsch gal that shows up at some of these or maybe there were multiple Gretsch Gals... well, glad to know there will be A Gathering of the Faithful right where it all went down .. Brooklyn, NYC.

So the death-of-Balto thread was just a setup to moving-it-to-Brooklyn RU. Fanfreakintastic!
Likely to get more GDPers, too.

– NJBob

Well, it looks like that, but what happened was that I told Rocky I was done with Balto-DC, and he said, "I've always wanted to do a Roundup in the shop. Why don't you help me host it?" He took a few key concerns that I have every year off my plate, and that was that.

It's a fun challenge, and yes, I expect we'll get more GDPers, as we have a number of members in New York, North Jersey, and Connecticut who have not enjoyed Roundup proximity. You South Jersey/Philly guys have about the same distance to drive to get to Brooklyn as you did to Baltimore, so I expect you all to show up.

DC Birdman: Kim Falcon's Gretsch contract expired five years ago, and she was not replaced. The gals you've seen in the Balto-DC photos since then are the Cosmos Dolls, the go-go dancers that I have every year. At last check, they're coming up for Brooklyn.

Crowbone: Gretsch Day is still planned for June the last time I talked to Rocky about it, but I don't know if it will stay put on the calendar.

Paul/FF909

Well, certainly having your event at Rocky's store would be something that would hold interest for me. Then again, I did enjoy your Baltimore event too.

Well, certainly having your event at Rocky's store would be something that would hold interest for me. Then again, I did enjoy your Baltimore event too.

– Ric12string

Bob,

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip over to the Balto-DC Roundup earlier this year, and got to swing by Rocky's great shop in Brooklyn on my way home.

Now, I've got the do the following: 1. attend the NorCal Roundup, and get FF909 to be my guide 2. attend a Brooklyn Roundup as well.

I just don't know which order though ...

My daughter is due on the 11th. I hope to attend. Granbaby trumps a round up.

Sounds like a fun time but the go go girl thing creeps me out. Something about girls that could be my daughter or granddaughter just doesn’t sit right with me.

I hope those that attend have a blast.

Wow! This should be interesting, I'll have to mark it down and see if I'm still able to cross the boarder to make this deal!

Sounds great, Paul. Sounds like you'll have some Canadian friends attending, too. Ryan - road trip!

Sounds like fun. Wish I could go. A (Brooklyn) Bridge Too Far. OK...Verrazano, but why ruin a good pun.

My daughter is due on the 11th. I hope to attend. Granbaby trumps a round up.

– munman

Well, Mun - you didn't have to make it political by bringing the POTUS into the discussion!

Congratulations on the Grandbaby my friend!

Put me down as a "Yes".

I'm not sure just where in Brooklyn I'll park the Airstream but I'll figure it out. :)

Put me down as a "Yes".

I'm not sure just where in Brooklyn I'll park the Airstream but I'll figure it out. :)

– Crippled Lion

Walmart on Flatbush Ave.

I hear you can park campers, et al, in their parking lots.

Walmart on Flatbush Ave.

I hear you can park campers, et al, in their parking lots.

– crowbone

...and you can recover the carcass in the Bronx.

Register Sign in to join the conversation