Gretsch Events

THE DATE FOR THE EURO - ROUNDUP 2018 IS OUT NOW WITH HOTEL INFORMA

Howdy, the date for the next Euro Roundup is out. It will happen at Rockland Musik in Witten, Germany again. The date is Friday the 31. of August (arrival) and Saturday the 1st of September. I hope ,we will have such fun as last year. Maybe Tom TV Jones will chime in again ,but it´s not shure right now. Even Joe Carducci is informed and is on plan to come. I´ll check out another (better) Hotel for you, cause I heard , the last one was an awful one More infos will follow in the next days.

Here are the informations about the Hotel :

I just came back from the Hotel and have great wonderful news. I have the option for "10" rooms till friday the 31. of August 6.00 Pm. The Hotel is 10 minutes by car from Rockland. If you come by train, you can step out at Witten Headstation and step into a bus to Marienhospital, I´ll post the bus lines later. When you stay in front of the clinic, the Hotel is on the right hand. In the back is a big parking lot, wich belongs to the Hotel The official price for a single room is 68,- € with Breakfast included !!!! We´ll get an "Artist discount" !!!!! That means 59,-€ for a single room with Breakfast and 69,- € for a double room incl. Breakfast !!!!! Payment via Credit Card in forward or Cash or Credit Card at Arrival ! Sounds unbelievable??? But it´s real . Have a look at their Homepage https://www.ardey-hotel.de/ Also a sauna is available !!!!! If you´re now not pleased, I can´t do more for you ; ) Please make your booking via "urban at ardey-hotel dot de " and use the password : Gretsch Roundup in your booking mail. I saw , on the busines card, that I´ve talked to the manager personallyy. l informed her, that the password for the bookings will be " Gretsch Roundup "

At least please do me a favour:

If you´re booking the room and realize, that you´re not willing to come or getting ill or whatever, please give me a call till Thursday the 30th of August, so I can cancel it for you !!!!! Otherwise I have to pay for them and couldn´t do the service in the future

So now let´s get ready for the rest, for having a good time

Thanks Voodoo!
It will be a busy time for me but I think I should be able to make it. Looking forward to it.
I know that a few of us can't make it that weekend but I hope there still will be a good amount! And it will be great if Joe and Tom could be there again!
I had no trouble with the hotel but I guess not everyone was happy about it.

I heard ,that some rooms were not that clean as awaited. This time I check out a better Hotel, that Schmale recommended me.

Great, another Euro Roundup! I'll be looking forward to that so hopefully I can make it, I'll have to check work schedules. It sure would be nice if Joe and Tom can attend the event and also bring the branding iron. I think my Annie wants a G-brand... Yes, the hotel... Let's say we've had better hotels for less money. Guess we'll have to see what's available. Thanks Voodoo for setting up another roundup. We've had a lot of fun last year!

Awesome! A round-up again! Thanks for your willingness to organise again Voodoo.

I'm not sure if my screenname is different because I had to make a new account, but it's Merijn / uokclan / besamemucho /...(?) speaking here.

Voodoo, is the date already fixed on these dates? I'm pretty sure I can make it myself, but in previous years we'd usually consider a few dates and see when the majority of interested people would be able to make it.

Do you think there are other dates we could choose from, if this works for you and Schmale from Rockland of course?

Merijn

Sorry, but the date is fix and I already take vacation from work to pickup Joe at the airport and bring him back again.Also Schmale isn't that flexible in cause of other events, that he do at weekends. A few minutes ago Joe messaged me, that he'll attend!!!!!

How cool is that. Thanks to voodooholly organising the round up again. Hopefully I can make it this year

I'm looking forward to seeing you again Joe! And Chimingbell, it would be great if you could make it!

That‘s great and I will do my best to be there again. Since our last roundup I have been really busy renovating our future home and if everything goes well we will move in in August. If that works out fine I will be there again, for sure! Lookin‘ forward!!

I'll check it out with the Hotel tomorrow, cause I'm earlier free from work !!

I just came back from the Hotel and have great wonderful news. I have the option for "10" rooms till friday the 31. of August 6.00 Pm. The Hotel is 10 minutes by car from Rockland. If you come by train, you can step out at Witten Headstation and step into a bus to Marienhospital, I´ll post the bus lines later. When you stay in front of the clinic, the Hotel is on the right hand. In the back is a big parking lot, wich belongs to the Hotel The official price for a single room is 68,- € with Breakfast included !!!! We´ll get an "Artist discount" !!!!! That means 59,-€ for a single room with Breakfast and 69,- € for a double room incl. Breakfast !!!!! Payment via Credit Card in forward or Cash or Credit Card at Arrival ! Sounds unbelievable??? But it´s real . Have a look at their Homepage https://www.ardey-hotel.de/ Also a sauna is available !!!!! If you´re now not pleased, I can´t do more for you Please make your booking via "urban at ardey-hotel dot de "and use the password: Gretsch Roundup in your booking mail . I saw , on the busines card, that I´ve talked to the manager personally. I´ll inform her, that the password for the bookings will be " Gretsch Roundup "

At least please do me a favour:

If you´re booking the room and realize, that you´re not willing to come or getting ill or whatever, please give me a call till Thursday the 30th of August, so I can cancel it for you !!!!! Otherwise I have to pay for them and couldn´t do the service in the future

So now let´s get ready for the rest, for having a good time

P.S: I´ll put the informations also into the first post, so we don´t have to search for em in the whole thread

Great stuff going! I'll see if i can make it.

To keep me from guitar playing (for everybody's health), i'm thinking about doing it right this year. Can i bring my Gretsch drumkit? If yes, i'll take the 5422-12-string too.

It's too early for me to book a room, but i'm working on it!

Hopefulloy Blueflame can make it so we can finally do some Nick Lowe! It should be good to see each other again. But I wish there is a way to play a little more than we did last year.

Great stuff going! I'll see if i can make it.

To keep me from guitar playing (for everybody's health), i'm thinking about doing it right this year. Can i bring my Gretsch drumkit? If yes, i'll take the 5422-12-string too.

It's too early for me to book a room, but i'm working on it!

Hopefulloy Blueflame can make it so we can finally do some Nick Lowe! It should be good to see each other again. But I wish there is a way to play a little more than we did last year.

– will

Sounds great Will with the plans to bring your drumkit. Is it Ok for you, when other drummers use it too? If you shure to jump on and agree with that, please let me know. So Schmale don't have to organize a kit for the event. I guess this year will be much easier to organize it. The superb ( 3 stars !!!) Hotel is half the rent .

Those look like chunks of coal.

Perhaps there are mines nearby that tourists can visit?

Voodooholly, this is a photo from the hotel website. What is it and what does it mean?

https://www.ardey-hotel.de/...

– Deed Eddy

Hi Miss Deed, it's indeed a handful of coal. It could be a symbol for the fact, that my hometown is the cradle of the coalmining in Germany. The river in this area is calling Ruhr. They named the whole industrial area after this river " Ruhrgebiet". After WW2 we had coalmines and steel , that we shipped all around the world.Of course the coal and steel and the people earned good money. In the 80's the idiots began to sell whole steelfabrics and the know how of producing steel, to China. Now the last coalmine will be closed and steel will be imported from ????? Yesss China!!!! When I look out of the window of my living room I have a look to one of the first mines and the river and also the museum of coalmining where you can visit a coalmine. BTW: that's the reason why I called my charcoal grey TV JONES Spectrasonic "Coalminer's Lady"

Register Sign in to join the conversation