Gretsch Events

Street Sounds NYC GreTscH Day 2015

Rocky sent out an email giving notice of Gretsch Day on May 30, 2015, at 11:00 a.m. "and as always is an open event. What to Expect This year's event is especially great because you'll have the chance to meet Fred and Dinah Gretsch, Joe Carducci and many others. Save the date and keep an eye out for an update. There's some BIG news coming!!"

I just found this in my Junk Email folder. I moved it to the proper In Box.

Unfortunately I'm in Los Angeles otherwise I would go. Sometimes I think I should have stayed in Harrisburg, PA.

Sounds like someone's got a secret.

I think I know of one of Rocky's dreams, Deed. Secrets at Street Sounds. Make a good album name.

– Deed Eddy

Is Duane Eddy going to be there with his new black and whites?

Duane's going to bring black and whites to Rocky's?

We need a who going link!

My souvenir from 2011.

– Deed Eddy

Oh the drama...

Oh the suspense!

I'm baffled by the fact that no updates have appeared here, on Streetsounds' FB page, on their website, or anywhere else, including the Gretsch site. I'm stuck waiting for UPS at home, and I'd love to head down there once my package arrives, but they're normally open only until 4 PM on Mondays and it takes about an hour to get there. Any live reports on what's happening?

I'd love to say hi to Joe and Fred, eat some of those incredible Italian finger sandwiches, and possibly see some live music, especially if Paul Pigat is there.

Rocky created a Facebook Event about GreTsch Day 2015 where folks may respond whether they are planning to attend. I'll put the link here later when I'm at my computer.

Seadevil, did you, by chance, get the dates mixed up? The event is May 30, not March 30.

I sure did! I thought it was odd that it was a Monday! I'm a dope.

Hey Seadevil, I met you there a few years back (the Fred tour and Paul Pigat). Hope to see you again.

It's a great time for sure!! Wish I could be there. Can anyone who's going send me a few slices of NYC pizza? And some bagels!!!

It's a great time for sure!! Wish I could be there. Can anyone who's going send me a few slices of NYC pizza? And some bagels!!!

– paul pigat

What! No cannoli from Paneantico's? Sure wish you'd change your plans, and bring your Girls!

Best pizza in NYC only a few short miles away http://www.difara.com/

[Of course, the best pizza in the world requires a Metro North red line ride. ]

If you are reading this thread and trying to decide whether or not to go...

Go.

No one ever leaves Rocky's parties thinking, "Man, I shouldn't have done that. It was a waste of my time."

Paul/FF909

The view is amazing. Food better, company doubly.

Register Sign in to join the conversation