Gretsch Events

So Cal Gretsch Jam anyone?

So me and Taffy were talking about putting together a So Cal Roundup awhile back,but with our busy schedules it was put on the back burner a few times due to location,lodging and Date difficulties.

So I am putting it out there that I have a American Legion Hall in Fontana California available any time I want. My Bro is the Legion Commander over there and he is Very accommodating and receptive to having a bunch of people there playing live music eating food and drinking a few cold ones.

It is literally down the street form the California Speedway.

Im talking about an all day Saturday event, very informal but organized. Food will be served there at a very reasonable price with all proceeds going to the American Legion Hall, so leaving to get some food is not required.Also There are various hotels nearby that I was told are safe and secure for anyone(like me) wanting to sleep nearby to avoid the drive home.

Im shooting for an August 12 date so as not to interfere with any Gretsch Events already planned.

Since I know that there are Many Gretsch players in the southern California area wanting to Meet up and play and get to know each other personally, a Meet and Greet in Fontana wouldnt be too bad,Maybe it can eventually progress to an actual Round Up someday.

Im putting out a feeler, and input from anyone wanting to attend on August 12.

We need a P.A. , and I know a few really good drummers.

I can cover PA needs, and I'm totally down for this. And August 12th works for me.

I've got a bass rig, and a number of guitar amps I can supply, too.

I just got word that 2 drummers are coming along.

I would be interested in attending but I am possibly going to be down there the prior weekend attending another event. So, making the drive down and back on successive weekends (and particularly for only a one-day event) seems a bit overly strenuous to me.

I'll be there mate

I would be interested in attending but I am possibly going to be down there the prior weekend attending another event. So, making the drive down and back on successive weekends (and particularly for only a one-day event) seems a bit overly strenuous to me.

– Ric12string

No problem Bob I know you live far away, but thanks for contemplating the long trip.

Your welcome to stay a couple of days, my house is always open to you,,,carne asada and acoustic guitars on Sunday is always an option .

I'll be there mate

– Taffy

Awesome Taffy!

A Django Reinhardt tune from you is required for the Event.

Sunday sounds like more fun than Saturday.

I should be able to attend, whether you need a slightly out of practice bass player or not.

Sunday sounds like more fun than Saturday.

– Powdog

Carne asada has me rethinking, Manny! LOL

I should be able to attend, whether you need a slightly out of practice bass player or not.

– beatbyrd

Great to hear that beatbyrd!! and yes Bass Players are needed practiced or not.

– Ric12string

You got me thinking Bob,, My backyard patio is very roomy and a Sunday Carne Asada doesnt sound like a bad idea for anyone wanting to hang out an extra day.

Powdog???

Wish I could brother. I'm driving back from Bend OR on the 11th after two weeks of backpacking.

– Ric12string

Good man. Carne asada always has my attention. That and carnitas. Winner winner!

Good man. Carne asada always has my attention. That and carnitas. Winner winner!

– Bonedaddy

Oh yeah, BD. Carnitas is always one of my favorite Mexican dishes.

Well cooked (not too greasy, not too much fat) carnitas, fresh, home slapped tortillas, and Mexican rice, black beans..... mmmm, now we're talkin' serious dinner.

If I'm available in august I'm down. I went to the California speedway the other day for some drag races

Sure thing Rattlecat, It would be cool to have you come down.

If I don't have a gig that day or night I would be interested in attending. I would be happy to play guitar, bass, drums or all 3.

If I don't have a gig that day or night I would be interested in attending. I would be happy to play guitar, bass, drums or all 3.

– BuddyHollywood

Well heres to hoping you dont have a Gig Buddy Hollywood, would really like to have you there with all the local Gretsch Guys.

dammmm Fontucky is so close to RiverCide, but I've got commitments w TikiOasis.com that weekend through saturday. Maybe Sunday for me, I could bring out amps n pedals.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

That Show looks like fun, hopefully you could squeeze Us in to your schedule.

Please pardon my newb question, but what exactly happens (is the format) of these roundups/jams? As a home player it sounds like a lot of fun and a great learning experience. However, as a player of my mediocre means, it is very intimidating. I’ve never played with others (lessons & my kids excluded). Do I need to learn any specific songs? Do I plug my ipod in and play along like I do at home?
Knowing the format & what to expect will ease the intimidation factor. This is all in my head. Everyone at GDP appears to be very welcoming in the short time I have been lurking here.

Register Sign in to join the conversation