Gretsch Events

Save The Dates — 2019 California Gold Rush Roundup!

Believe it or not, it is only early December, but plans are already underway with Camp Lodestar for the 2019 California Gold Rush Roundup. I just inked the contract for the venue once again so it is time to get this event on your calendars.

The Roundup will be held on September 13-15, 2019. Camp Lodestar is located at the following address:

Camp Lodestar
6135 Blue Mountain Road
Wilseyville, California 95257

Our pal Proteus and I have often asked ourselves how anyone who loves to play the guitar, and who loves Gretsch guitars in particular, could not feel compelled to attend a Roundup. Several days of fun with friends, making music, and ogling some great gear. And, who knows, you might get lucky and win a t-shirt. These events were tailor-made for guitar people like us.

Some of you who normally attend another Roundup -- perhaps this year you may want to change things up a bit and head on out and attend our California Gold Rush Roundup. This gives you lots of advance warning so that you can work your occupational schedule around it or deal with whatever else has prevented you from attending in the past. We've got some mighty fine music makers in the bunch to accompany you if you do.

Y'all plan to be here, now, ya hear?

Bump for us left coasters who stay up later.

Going to California is playing in my head.

It's on the calendar now. Seems a little early to start thinking about it, but then, I booked a gig for August yesterday, so why not. I'd just bet it'll be a whole heap of fun.

It is a little bit early; however, as I indicated, I have already been asked by the venue to enter into a contract for next year's Roundup. Besides, I really am hoping for a turnout which will include those who said that they learned about the dates too late.

I'm reminded of the story about the trombone-and-acccordion duo who, amazingly enough, got a booking on New Year's Eve. To everyone's amazement, the gig went really well, and the club owner approached the duo afterwards and said he'd like to book them for next year's New Year's Eve.

"That's great!" enthused the accordionist. "Can we just leave our stuff set up?"

I'm reminded of the story about the trombone-and-acccordion duo who, amazingly enough, got a booking on New Year's Eve. To everyone's amazement, the gig went really well, and the club owner approached the duo afterwards and said he'd like to book them for next year's New Year's Eve.

"That's great!" enthused the accordionist. "Can we just leave our stuff set up?"

– Parabar

"Wunnerful, wunnerful, Parabar!"

Perhaps there is enough time to book a special guest again? Just thinking about how much fun our guests have been in the past!

I may be available! Let me check my calendar.

Oh. You meant more special.

I may be available! Let me check my calendar.

Oh. You meant more special.

– Proteus

Well I think Your Special.

I vote for Proteus ! Only as long as he comes in color coordinated clothing.

Yes, a Tim-fest would be great. Let's get Baxter to come, too. And the two of them can wear matching outfits.

Register Sign in to join the conversation