Gretsch Events

RIP CBell

The only thing I enjoyed about attending memorial services for my parents, was meeting people who knew my folks in circumstances that I did not. It sounds as though you had a similar experience via the Gretsch Pages, Susan.

I never met Cam, but from his writings he impressed me as being an exceptionally bright & classy guy.

My consolations to Susan & her family, as well as to Billy D & anyone else who is missing Cam's presence.

I'm late to the table her but RIP

Late as well, just saw the news here and on Let's Talk Guild. I never met the man but he was obviously well-loved. I was always impressed by his good taste in guitars.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Well I'm a long way away and I only just saw this awful news. Never met Cam, never emailed him, but you just knew from the tone in his posts that he was a good 'un. I feel for his family and for those of you who knew him. 66? That's nuts.

It's at times like these that I wish I lived a bit closer to some of you guys. I would have loved to have met Cam. He was obviously a man of exceptional taste and humour. Rare qualities these days.

This is sad news. I really appreciated the introduction to so many of the new custom shop models in particular and the discussion about their various aspects and qualities from CBell. He was a good guy and 66 is way too young.

I'm so sad to hear about this. My condolences to family and friends. Rest in peace Cam. I always enjoyed reading his post and seeing photos of his favorite guitars. Wish I could have met him in person. We exchanged some emails and he even sent me some guard work once but it was out of my wheelhouse. We'll miss you Cam!

I'm so sad to hear about this. My condolences to family and friends. Rest in peace Cam. I always enjoyed reading his post and seeing photos of his favorite guitars. Wish I could have met him in person. We exchanged some emails and he even sent me some guard work once but it was out of my wheelhouse. We'll miss you Cam!

– Setzer

Trini Lopez guard right?

Just back from the states, so late to this thread, that I wish wasn't for real...
The unexpectedness of this loss must make it even harder for family and friends : sometimes, having had the time to prepare is a bit soothing, and in some circumstances, there may even be some sense of relief (from suffering etc...), alas no such thing here!
As little as I "knew" him (only through these pages), the picture formed was that of a man with such diverse interests in life that he will probably let a number of huge voids even out of his family...
It will certainly be the case here!

He's up there playin' Silver Bells with Chet.

Yes BDL, the Trini. I sent it to Master Frank.

Wow. Very late here and saddened to hear. Condolences to family and friends.

R.I.P. CBell.

I'm blown away. I only just met him at the Hoosier Daddy Roundup! What a huge-hearted, generous man. He invited anyone and everyone to play his Custom Shop masterpieces. My goodness, what a godawful thing that now he's left us.

My prayers and sympathy to his family.

I'm blown away. I only just met him at the Hoosier Daddy Roundup! What a huge-hearted, generous man. He invited anyone and everyone to play his Custom Shop masterpieces. My goodness, what a godawful thing that now he's left us.

My prayers and sympathy to his family.

– tubwompus

My view is that he was spared past the Roundup so that he was able to meet and enjoy the camaraderie of so many GDPers whom he hadn't previously met.

Like many of us I've been thinking about Cameron. As anyone else that knew him you found out quickly that he was a genuine kind hearted person that really cared about people. He was one of the few that you could let your guard down and you could talk openly. He wanted me to build a guitar, which regrettably I never got to, from the schoolhouse wood. As with most of his guitars it had to be unique and if you look at the majority of his instruments they have a bit of a signature to them. Many with three pickups and unique features that made them special to him.

With death comes regret, guilt, pain and a lot of other things that Cam wouldn't want us to feel. It's important to remember the good times and those moments that solidify friendships. About once a month he and Billy would make the one hour trip up to the shop, we would discuss guitars and then go out to dinner. He was at my daughters wedding, was at almost all of Billy's open stage things over the years and attended the open house.

It's important to live life and not hold grudges, make sure people know you love them and above all be happy.

I'm glad to hear that some were there to support our feelings and what an honor it should be for us that his family knew that we were part of his family too. Sorely missed.

Like many of us I've been thinking about Cameron. As anyone else that knew him you found out quickly that he was a genuine kind hearted person that really cared about people. He was one of the few that you could let your guard down and you could talk openly. He wanted me to build a guitar, which regrettably I never got to, from the schoolhouse wood. As with most of his guitars it had to be unique and if you look at the majority of his instruments they have a bit of a signature to them. Many with three pickups and unique features that made them special to him.

With death comes regret, guilt, pain and a lot of other things that Cam wouldn't want us to feel. It's important to remember the good times and those moments that solidify friendships. About once a month he and Billy would make the one hour trip up to the shop, we would discuss guitars and then go out to dinner. He was at my daughters wedding, was at almost all of Billy's open stage things over the years and attended the open house.

It's important to live life and not hold grudges, make sure people know you love them and above all be happy.

– Curt Wilson

Yes

Well said, Curt.

I've not been checking in here much lately (not due to anything bad, just distracted elsewhere) and am so sorry to pop in and see sad news like this.

I didn't know Cam but the loss of someone like him diminishes any place that he was a part of. Condolences to his family & friends.

Jon

My deep condolences to his family and friends.

Although I didn't know him, his posts always seemed generous and wise, and I always enjoyed seeing pictures of his wonderful collection. He will be missed here for sure.

I bought my Junior, in part, influenced by his high praise of them.

– Curt Wilson

Beautiful.

Was a pleasure getting to know Cam at the resent French Lick Roundup. He was cool, unassuming, & funny at the right moment. Hope we'll meet again at the Roundup in the sky. - Joe C

Very, very saddened to hear. It's truly a testament to the man when so many folks are affected by his loss without ever meeting him - myself included. My heart felt condolences and prayers go out to Cam's family and friends.

Rest in Peace - Z

Register Sign in to join the conversation