Gretsch Events

RIP CBell

This is indeed a very dark and sad day. To say this is devastating news is a grotesque understatement. I regret never having had the opportunity to meet up with Cam, living so far apart.

I don't know what to say as this is a huge loss for so many people. Cameron was a true gentleman who provided great insight because he cared. I very much value his most recent advice to me and his insight was for the sole purpose for good to happen.

There is so much more I want to say but will just save my thoughts on prayers for his family.

May he rest in peace.

This is a hard one for sure...God Bless Cameron Bellamy.

Wow, this was quite shocking news to see. I'm very sorry to hear this. Condolences to Cam's family and friends.

This is how I will always remember Cameron. This was taken at the schoolhouse open house a couple years ago.

At this year's Grumpfest taken by Munman. I wish I could've made it.

Sad news. Regretfully, I never had the good fortune to meet Cameron in person but regarded him as a permanent fixture of the GDP. His passing is a shocking reminder that behind every avatar there is a real human being with family and friends. My condolences go out to all who knew him and especially to his family.

Cam was a loving and kind man, who didn't suffer fools and love music and guitars.

His generosity of time, attention, advice, and his ability to help out when he could will always be remembered by those fortunate enough to have known him for any length of time.

I'll miss you, Cam.

Rest Peacefully.

This news is extremely shocking. Although I only know him from these pages I have read and corresponded with him here enough to feel deeply saddened by his passing. I would happily donate something towards his family.

Billy, I'm so sorry! I love reading your reviews and watching your videos on Cam's latest toys that he would bring to your gigs for you to rock on.

Such a shock... RIP, Cam.

Condolences to the entire family.

Wow, very sorry to hear that. What a great person, we will miss him very much.

I knew he wasn't a kid, but he seemed to radiate a certain vitality in his online presence that makes this announcement all the more shocking. My condolences to his friends and family.

Diverting for just a minute, does anyone know how to access threads that a specific member has started (or perhaps posted to)? I'd love to go back and read/re-read some of Cameron's comments/views by way of small personal tribute...

Just got home and just saw this. I don't know what to say. I have made the comment that I wanted to be him when I grew up. I'm approaching the end of another trip around the sun and I hope that I have a bunch left in me but, wow!!!

We just never know when any of us are going to go.

There are many of you that I have met and many more that I would love to meet and he was near the top of the second list. We just lost a family member; a brother. I feel like I've just been sucker punched in the gut.

For those who knew and loved Cam, my condolences. For Cam, God speed and requiescat in pacem.

I'm stunned, this is just terrible. We need to do something. I hope I can make it, I'm out in California for awhile.

This saddens me greatly. I had just met him in person in Indiana, yet he treated me like we were old pals. What a nice guy. My condolences so sincerely to those of you who were close to him.

This is such sad news, my sincere condolences to all his family and friends.

Cam always gave me a big hug when we said goodbye.

I could sure use one of his hugs now.

Very saddened to hear this news. My deepest condolences to Cam's family and friends.

Like others have said, I never got to meet Cam, but I felt like I knew him through his posts here. Nice guy, generous, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic about owning all the Gretsch guitars. I will miss him.

I never had the pleasure to meet him in person, but like many of the regulars here I consider you all friends. I will certainly miss his posts here, and offer my condolences to his friends and family.

Off to the great big gig in the sky, play on brother.

Very sad news about a real GDP stalwart. CBell will be missed and my condolences to his family and friends.

This is so sad to hear. My deepest condolences to Cam's family and friends.

Rest easy Cam, and thank you for your contributions to our community.

Register Sign in to join the conversation