Gretsch Events

NJ Roundup 2015 - June 13

so much fun to play and listen

UncleGrumpy- the most MIS-named person on the forum! I don't think I've met a happier guy! I'll definitely try to get up to Grumpfest this year.

– ruger9

You gotta get me that ziti recipe, it was great! Grumpfest is kind of like the NJ roundup but outside with a grill. I might even have use of a house down the street this year for people to stay overnight.

long walk from can a dan a da. gotta chill on the floor.

pre drum set

– Munman

My nephew Andy and Bob Howard.

Pat Milaflor

– NJBob

That man can sing!

la is a long way

– Munman

They look guilty of something.

Thanks, gentlemen! Yesterday was the first time I'd taken that Annie out for a spin since I had all the mods done, so I didn't really know how it would go.

For my money, the sound of Gretsch6123's '60s Nashville was all aces. Those guitars are so underrated.

Crowbone's Guild and CBell's Billy Bo were mouth-watering, too, as was NJBob's Historic Series deep-bodied I-don't-know-what-model.

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

Well thanks Paul for the complement, it's my newest one to join the stable. The neck pickup went south and it's getting re wound but wasn't ready for the roundup so a TV classic is in its place. Vintage vs TV's pairs perfectly, I can't tell the difference. If the TV was gold I would just leave it in. Credit also has to go to my amp. My Dr.Z is an amazing amp it's my go to it makes all my Gretsch's sound great. I wish I heard nielDan burgundy duo jet that was a beautiful guitar. Also Baba's starfire and ampeg Gemini 2 are a great pair, and CBell's billy Bo with a t-90 and t armond! What a great combo of pickups. I almost forgot about the nocaster, that thing has great neck and tone. One last thing before I forget, Curt's school house tele, I had sometime with it at his shop before everyone showed and it's a monster too, love the neck profile on that beast! That guitar ripped thru the Lawrenceville amp literally!

Looks like a blast!

I'm working on getting some fresh beaver tails too, they really complement the mooseknuckle

– Gretsch6123

hey man bring that red annie

Every year I'm sorry I miss this but this year really looked like something special. The schoolhouse really looks like a place that has a soul of it's own from the pic I saw. Then I cried when Ruger's post mentioned that you hadn't run out of beer.

I'm glad you guys had a blast and oooooh man do I love that Penguin with the black binding!

I was wondering where you were, NJDevil.... we need to meet! Have you ever been to a Roundup? It was my 1st one.

Almost every Wednesday nite at Bill Lights open mike would be a good place. From time to time Curt, NJBob, Crowbone, Munman, RedRocker, Baba and others show up. Pick a night!

Thanks for sharing the pics and stories, folks. Looks like y'all had fun. Some of my favorite people in the world up there.

One of these days I will make it to one of these Roundups! Probably after I retire in a couple of years (tentative date March 1'17, will have been with the same company 40 years and 1 day! Hope I can last that lone )

No time like the present...

I'd love to come down to that open mic, but it's a haul for me... I think a little farther than the roundup was. Kind of tough on a wed night. But I might decide to head down one day, if I do, I'll PM some of you to find out the details.

One of these days I will make it to one of these Roundups! Probably after I retire in a couple of years (tentative date March 1'17, will have been with the same company 40 years and 1 day! Hope I can last that lone )

– GreTschocaster

You mean to tell me you can't get off one Saturday, after 40 years on the job?

You work for the Donald?

EDIT: Just saw you work in BC...That's a heck of a commute!

Register Sign in to join the conversation