Gretsch Events

NJ Roundup 2015 - June 13

I will post in the Happenings section, but here's the plan.

Saturday, June 13 (just 4 weeks away)

Same place as the last NJ ones - Ewing PBA Hall (info will be in Happenings).

Doors open around 10am and we stay as long as we want.

If anyone wants to get together on the Friday night before for food/drink/acoustic playing, we can work out something fun.

This is a pretty simple, bare-bones event compared to the other Roundups. Come enjoy playing music and hanging out with GPD friends.

I'll bring Soft Pretzels and Hoagies

That photograph could be one from the Baltimore-DC Roundup, the Nashville Roundup, or the Canadian Roundup. Same faces, same fun party, different time & place. I am envious of you guys on the Eastern corridor who can attend multiple Roundups so easily.

Cool. I have one free weekend in June...nice to fill it in with a Round-Up!
See you then!

Yeah, there's a guitar shop a couple mile down the road if there's enough interest Friday night. Not promotin', just accommodatin'.

That photograph could be one from the Baltimore-DC Roundup, the Nashville Roundup, or the Canadian Roundup. Same faces, same fun party, different time & place. I am envious of you guys on the Eastern corridor who can attend multiple Roundups so easily.

– Ric12string

Well, actually it couldn't be any of the other Round Ups because there is a Dutch guy in there that hasn't been to any of the other ones yet..... ; )

That photograph could be one from the Baltimore-DC Roundup, the Nashville Roundup, or the Canadian Roundup. Same faces, same fun party, different time & place. I am envious of you guys on the Eastern corridor who can attend multiple Roundups so easily. -- Ric12string

Who says it's easy to attend them? This takes all our might, Bob!

This couldn't possibly be a Balto-DC Roundup photo. We've never taken a group photo. Don't know why (vampires?), but it's a tradition, now.

And there aren't any Canadians in this pic; however, there is one guy from the Netherlands.

Paul/FF909

I'm in for Saturday, maybe for Friday. Might want to see if Bill Light is working that night too. Let me know how I can help.

Gonna try to make it, always have fun at these.

– Ric12string

Strange you mention that, Bob.

I often think it odd that Chicago, NYC, LA, and other major metropolitan areas with known larger numbers of GDPers don't host Roundups.

I figured it would be like Fight Club, with local chapters sprouting up all over the country.

One of these years I plan on having a North East roundup. All I need to do is rent a tent. Grumpfest may turn into a roundup next year.

It must have been disruptive to have the sound of wooden shoes click-clacking the floor everywhere at that Roundup.

Sounds like a case of profiling to me...

It must have been disruptive to have the sound of wooden shoes click-clacking the floor everywhere at that Roundup.

– Ric12string

There were tulips all over the floor to muffle the sounds of clogging.

And I threw smelly cheese at anyone that dared complain about the sound.....

Yeah, there's a guitar shop a couple mile down the road if there's enough interest Friday night. Not promotin', just accommodatin'.

– Curt Wilson

Yes, yes, yes!

I get in trouble in such places.

OK. As it happens I am off Friday night. Get some drums in the old school house and me an A-Bomb will come and rock it. I've got a gig in Wildwood on Sat the 13th so sat will be rough

You guys are making it awfully hard for me to stay away. I've never seen Curt's place.

I actually be able to make this one!!!! I don't know if my Hot Rod will be coming tho, as I just ordered new pickups for it, and it's only got one at the moment... TVJ takes at least a couple weeks....

I can bring a Fender Supper-sonic 22, if anyone is interested in trying it out. Also a Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 (that I'm selling), if anyone is interested .

There will be at least one Standel there. Now I need to think about what else to bring.

I actually be able to make this one!!!! I don't know if my Hot Rod will be coming tho, as I just ordered new pickups for it, and it's only got one at the moment... TVJ takes at least a couple weeks....

I can bring a Fender Supper-sonic 22, if anyone is interested in trying it out. Also a Genz Benz Black Pearl 30 (that I'm selling), if anyone is interested .

– ruger9

Great! It'll be good to meet you in person after all these years.

Paul/FF909

– Curt Wilson

Aw geez, I have to miss the main event (the 13th is a good friend's 60th birthday party).

Hope the Friday night bash at Old School turns heads up, if so I'll definitely be there.

Would be fun to rock some rockabilly with that swingin' drummer "Kid dLight"

Is there any decent hotels close to where this is happening?

Yep, there are a lot of places even a camp ground.

We used this place for guests for my daughters wedding, everyone liked it.

SpringHill Suites Ewing Princeton SouthDirections 3-star hotel Address: 1000 Charles Ewing Blvd, Ewing Township, NJ 08628 Phone:(609) 530-0900

Register Sign in to join the conversation