Gretsch Events

Need advice on getting setzer to sign my guitar

Just bought tickets to see him June 8th in wendover Nevada. I will be on the 5th row from the stage. Bringing my guitar sounds like a pain. But I have seen other video's of him signing them. Anyone done this?

Just bought tickets to see him June 8th in wendover Nevada. I will be on the 5th row from the stage. Bringing my guitar sounds like a pain. But I have seen other video's of him signing them. Anyone done this?

– Nick6120

Yes I know I have a typo. A guitat could be a guitar tattoo. That would be cool also..

Well, also it's "Setzer," not "Seltzer"...

You can edit the title of your thread!

I don't know how to get a guitat signed though.

Well, also it's "Setzer," not "Seltzer"...

You can edit the title of your thread!

I don't know how to get a guitat signed though.

– Proteus

Thanks I will try to figure that out.

No disrespect to Brian. But I can't figure out how to fix it.

Just go to your original post an click edit.

I don't know, but I don't think calling him "Seltzer" is going to help.

This could be the new 'do your shrits get bumched'.

No disrespect to Brian. But I can't figure out how to fix it.

– Nick6120

Mouse over the "reply" button. You'll see the menu and click "edit" and Bob's your uncle.

Mouse over the "reply" button. You'll see the menu and click "edit" and Bob's your uncle.

– lx

Best advice yet. Thanks

Find out where he's playing, take your guitar, then buy tickets or hang around the stage door or tour bus, and ask him.

Didnt you post this question on the viva las vegas facebook forum? He doesnt typically sign autographs unless the VIP ticket is a meet & greet and I havent seen that option for yrs. There are times where he's exiting a venue and folks happen to catch him on the way to the bus and he's favorable to signing an autograph. The only other thing I've seen is someone that got front row tix and stuck out their guitar as he walked off stage so he signed it. I think at this point artists dont want to do that because it just ends up instantly on ebay. Even seeing that w stupid tiki mugs, its crazy.

I had the chance to have an autograph as I was going to have Brian sign it on my arm and go immediately to get it tattoo'd but my wife mocked me and said it was gay.. sigh. gay for a moment, tattoo for a lifetime? Anyway, I got a straycat tattoo instead just to spite her.

Security is on to the “hanging around the stage door and tour bus” angle. It’s just not always safe out there. Carrying a guitar into a venue might be tricky as well. As Tavo noted, eBay has completely ruined the signed pickguard / memorabilia situation.

I wish you luck.

As a stagehand, we never pestered "the talent" for autographs and such. It just wasn't done. I do know of a guy in Indy that has a POS Teisco guitar with well over a hundred signatures on it, tho. Some stars still do signature sessions and talk to fans on their way out, especially country. The backstage/stage door attitude really varies by venue and act.

As to the EBay thing, Deed's right. Ringo Starr used to answer every letter he got, but they started winding up for sale, so he stopped all fan correspondence. Too many greedy clowns spoiled it for everyone else.

Thanks for the good advice. I am thinking it won't be to packed with people. There isn't much of a rockabilly seen in Salt Lake City. Where I think most people will be coming from. I might leave it in my trunk and go grab it if it feels right. Thanks

Everywhere Setzer plays people come out of the woodwork and the place is packed out. I thought similar to you w seeing him on some little stage at a hotel in point loma.. its always quiet and sleepy around there but not that night, holy molySold out w people flowing out the sides.

Didnt you post this question on the viva las vegas facebook forum? He doesnt typically sign autographs unless the VIP ticket is a meet & greet and I havent seen that option for yrs. There are times where he's exiting a venue and folks happen to catch him on the way to the bus and he's favorable to signing an autograph. The only other thing I've seen is someone that got front row tix and stuck out their guitar as he walked off stage so he signed it. I think at this point artists dont want to do that because it just ends up instantly on ebay. Even seeing that w stupid tiki mugs, its crazy.

I had the chance to have an autograph as I was going to have Brian sign it on my arm and go immediately to get it tattoo'd but my wife mocked me and said it was gay.. sigh. gay for a moment, tattoo for a lifetime? Anyway, I got a straycat tattoo instead just to spite her.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™

Your wife saved you. Thank her regularly and be nice to her.

As a stagehand, we never pestered "the talent" for autographs and such. It just wasn't done. I do know of a guy in Indy that has a POS Teisco guitar with well over a hundred signatures on it, tho. Some stars still do signature sessions and talk to fans on their way out, especially country. The backstage/stage door attitude really varies by venue and act.

As to the EBay thing, Deed's right. Ringo Starr used to answer every letter he got, but they started winding up for sale, so he stopped all fan correspondence. Too many greedy clowns spoiled it for everyone else.

– wabash slim

wabash, that Teisco was the one on Antiques Roadshow?

I remember reading years ago where Bo Didley didn’t sign items for that exact resson that people would turn around after it was autographed and sell it and make a profit. That he felt they were making money off of him and not wanting to have the signature for the right reasons of being a fan. I don’t know if this was a response to eBay or this was before eBay. Now he is deceased I wonder if his autograph is worth a lot more than had he signed anything since there can’t be a lot of his autographs out there compared to if he did sign anything.

I tell you I have some great autographs on guitars and would never sell them. The Original Comets, Nokie Edwards and Billy Zoom come to mind.

wabash, that Teisco was the one on Antiques Roadshow?

– ThePolecats

That's the one. He's a stagehand with IATSE Local 30 in Indy. The guitar is a POS, but the signatures make it worth over $10K.

Last Sept my band was hired as the entertainment for The Annual Silver Spur Awards (put on by “ The Reel Cowboys” honoring those in the entertainment industry who do westerns) and along with a half-dozen others, Kris Kristofferson received an award. He asked the promoter if it would be ok to do a song with my band! OF COURSE!! Lol. After soundcheck, we talked for quite awhile in the green room, and I asked if he would sign my guitar...and he did so without any reservation whatsoever. He and his wife were two of the most genuinely nice, down to earth celebs I have ever had the pleasure of knowing and working with ( if you can call that “work”!)

Register Sign in to join the conversation