Gretsch Events

Nashville Roundup T Shirts

The very super SuperDave asked me to do a design for the T shirt. He made it clear (ad I agreed) that it needed to reflect the love and respect we all have for our dear departed hostess, Phila Hach and the fondness we have for Hachland Hill. Here is my design.

Does anyone have a source for the manufacture of Ts? I know some of have been successful at this.

I think the color should be dark brown ink on cream (they usually call it "natural")...like so.

Also, I rather like dark green ink...

So, do y'all approve? I'd MUCH prefer tagless. We're not animals, you know.

You know what I think. I'd love to hear from everyone else.

Hey, Bob H. Love the design.

The green on a tan shirt would be my $.02 (cream's too light, IMO).

I've ordered T-shirts for RU, etc. from a local vendor before, and can get a quote if you send me the image file.

Was there any talk about putting that on the back and something smaller on the front?

My all time favorite shirt was the barn image.

My 2 cents: I prefer the dark brown ink, image on front. Either way , it's a great design and tribute to Miss Phila. Excellent work, Bob!

Bob, that would be very helpful. As Dave said to me, we need a source that will work with you on waiting for all orders placed. Also, to keep the price down, I stuck to one color so that requires the shirt to be very light in color. The darker the shirt, the less contrast with the dark ink so the less bold the design shows.

Curt, also in the name of cheapness, I decided on printing on one side. Also, on a completely selfish note on my part, when people take pictures of each other wearing my design, it's more fun to see the design than to have to explain that it's around t'other side of the person, but that's just my thing.

And, once again, tagless. I know I have sensitive skin like the princess in the pea under the mattress story, but I see no excuse for tees with tags in this day and age.

'Selfish notes' only apply if they're free T-shirts...( like my horrible 4FNF4 shirts).

OK, it IS a 'Bob H.-donated' design, so we have to take that into consideration.

It's a great design and all but my opinion is that large prints always look better on the back. It's a big world, lots of different ideas and it's only a shirt.

I love the design and having the design on the front--I don't look at my back very often. I kinda miss a more dominant "GreTscH" or the "G," but can't suggest where it could be added. Thanks for this. I too have locals who were invaluable during the last election doing all kinds of wonderful shirts for us, and at the spur of the moment, as events required. I'd be happy to pass it by them, too, if you'd like. "Dirty Tease." Doesn't the name just make you want to talk to these gals!

Hey, Bob H. Love the design.

The green on a tan shirt would be my $.02 (cream's too light, IMO).

I've ordered T-shirts for RU, etc. from a local vendor before, and can get a quote if you send me the image file.

– NJBob

I agree with NJBob on the dark green on tan color scheme however no matter what colors are chosen, I want to buy one (in XXXL) even though I won't be able to attend. I loved Ms. Phila and the Nashville Roundups.

I also like the artwork on the front.

I had planned to have these made, but Bob H's design is much nicer.

That's spectacular Bob, good for those cold nights in the barn but not sure it would be good during a heat wave!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, my friends. I wonder, because we are living in the future and all, if there is a way to make 2 or even three versions of the shirt without paying too much more money. It's worth investigating. It'd be easy to make a small simple version for a crest over the heart on the front and the big design on the back (like the Hoosier Daddy shirts). Then another version with the design on the front. We can even offer each version in your choice of ink color. I'll look into it.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, my friends. I wonder, because we are living in the future and all, if there is a way to make 2 or even three versions of the shirt without paying too much more money. It's worth investigating. It'd be easy to make a small simple version for a crest over the heart on the front and the big design on the back (like the Hoosier Daddy shirts). Then another version with the design on the front. We can even offer each version in your choice of ink color. I'll look into it.

– Bob Howard

We probably have too small a total quantity to justify the extra screen charges and color change runs...unless as you say, they print these with a laserjet now.

Great shirt! I understand that there can be issues, but hope it is available whether people attend or not. Well done Bob.

– Bob Howard

No man just go for it. If they accidentally print one in XL on the back it's mine!

Beautiful design, Bob. Miss Phila will be smiling down on you, bless your heart.

I only have one question, and I have queried this in the past. Is this place not officially called The Gretsch Pages? I know we use the GDP moniker for brevity, but looking to the top of this webpage, I see The Gretsch Pages. What say you, Baxter?

And who is that fella walking out of the barn?

Deed, thanks. I took that picture as we were packing out it 2012. That's Bax walking past the open barn door. I've heard it as often called the Gretsch Discussion Pages, I think to differentiate the discussion forum from the overall site. At least that is my understanding. Knowing my somewhat erratic brain, I could be making that up.

Deed, thanks. I took that picture as we were packing out it 2012. That's Bax walking past the open barn door. I've heard it as often called the Gretsch Discussion Pages, I think to differentiate the discussion forum from the overall site. At least that is my understanding. Knowing my somewhat erratic brain, I could be making that up.

– Bob Howard

Good eye, Deed.

It's appropriate that Bax is in the design...behind the scene, as usual. Nice Hitchcockian move, Bob H.

Also, agree that it's The Gretsch Pages (says so right at the top of this page).

Do I need to change the wording on the shirt? It's A quick fix.

Awesome nod to Bax.

Here's a close crop of the original.

Good call, Miss Deed. Both work for sure but you have made a good point.

Bob, we hadn't discussed that, that was Baxter in the background. I agree with Bob, that's a nice Hitchcockian move. This is coming together very nice. Keep the ideas coming. I'm not married to the design front or back but I love reading the opinions on this as well. Bob if we do this, the The Gretsch Pages logo would work just fine on the front breast. As far as the design, I am blown away.

Register Sign in to join the conversation