Gretsch Events

Nashville Roundup 2017

I was hoping I'd be able to make it this year, but it's not to be. Hopefully next year. Of course, if GiffenF is going to be there...

Y'all should work on getting Rickybob, the Rusts, Parabar, Tavo, Sarah and Michelle, Manny, Yetto...the more westcoasters the merrier.

Go ahead, invade us. Frank will have the bus. Epic roadtrip. See the USA.

We could drive in shifts and make it there in no time.

Well, no. About 40 hours of driving. Daunting but true.

Let me know when one of y'all gets rich enough to have their own Lear jet!

Will do! Actually may try to convince wife to let me bring both so that I can have one amp up in the boardroom and the other down in the barn...here's hopin'!

– Snorre

Hmmm...this marriage has not gotten off to a good start.

Well, no. About 40 hours of driving. Daunting but true.

– Proteus

My limit in a car is 4 hrs tops. I am open to being drugged, rolled in a carpet and shipped. It must be Fed-X next day shipping though.

If it's going to be a Merry Pranksters band bus, perhaps you can just go with the drugging. You can roll up in a carpet if you want.

Hmmm...this marriage has not gotten off to a good start.

– Ric12string

Au contraire mon ami, the marriage is fantastic - so much better than my last two!

When it comes to guitars and guitar gear, she's cool with it all. She knew what she was marrying into. I'm up to 19 guitars, 5 bass guitars, and 5 amps.

I have her blessing to bring the Gomez El Sonido/Nocturne '63 F-Bomb and Fender Vibro King. Good times ahead!

If it's going to be a Merry Pranksters band bus, perhaps you can just go with the drugging. You can roll up in a carpet if you want.

– Proteus

Now we're talking!
Can we get Neal Cassady back from the other side to drive?

We had Joe, Carol , Scott and Rick down here one year. 2011? That was fun.

Frank, it would be great to see you in Nashville.

Well that settles it. Assuming y'all survive this year's Roundup, put me down for two attendees at Nashville 2018. I should be in possession of the Leapin' Lizards Tour Bus by then and may make a road trip out of it (to maximize gear haul-age). I think it's important that your impressions of what Californians are like not be based solely upon experiences with Tavo and RickyBob. That'd just be misleading.

Sorry I can't do it this year.

– giffenf

Wow! I was just talking to the wife about "going Southern" sometime soon and was using the Nashville Roundup as an excuse to make the journey to the land of Country Music (and from what Ive heard, now Rock N Roll too). She said Hell Yes to going.

The drive is tolerable but I was thinking that flying out there was the way to go. But putting a Party Bus into the equation changes things a bit.

Frank "The Wild Man" Giffen behind the wheel of the Hollywood to Nashville or Bust Party bus sounds really tempting and dangerous. Haahaa.

See? That's what I'm talkinbout. And the good thing is that Frank is even a fairly responsible Wild Man.

I've been shopping for gear-haulers lately, and in the same price range as those are some relatively low-mileage party buses replete with multicolor lighting and one or two stripper poles. So the possibilities are intriguing. Though that kind of vehicle wouldn't meet one of my criteria, i.e., that it be able to fit in my driveway, so it may not come to pass.

My limit in a car is 4 hrs tops. I am open to being drugged, rolled in a carpet and shipped. It must be Fed-X next day shipping though.

– THE NOCTURNE BRAIN™ (actually loves hippies)

THAT made me laugh out loud. I'm really sorry you won't make it to Nashville, Tavo. I planned to convince you that you LOVE my cheese grits. Love to the family, please.

I've been shopping for gear-haulers lately, and in the same price range as those are some relatively low-mileage party buses replete with multicolor lighting and one or two stripper poles. So the possibilities are intriguing. Though that kind of vehicle wouldn't meet one of my criteria, i.e., that it be able to fit in my driveway, so it may not come to pass.

– giffenf

You had me at "stripper poles".

You had me at "stripper poles".

Just trying to help expose Southerners to SoCal pop culture.

Im so excited! Gonna visit bear on my way. Have a few days in town planned after. The big problem is,what guitars to bring? Should i bring my bass amp? Guitar amps? Please advise.

Bring whatever you think you'll either want to play with or share with others as an oddity or special Ooo and Aah moment. Bass Guitars and Amps are always welcome, as someone is going to need to hold down the low end, occasionally. Acoustics also come into rotation around the complex. Electric guitars and amps also welcome and abundant, at these events.

if anyone has any ideas on structuring the weekend, let us know.

I'm a newbie to this role as Hotel manager and event coordinator. Lovely stuff for a guy with my pay grade.

Can't wait to meet new faces.

Upgrade to the list of who's coming. Nick's wife will be joining us for the weekend and The Ligon brothers have some friends that live in Nashville that will be joining us on Saturday!

Re: bass. I'll have fab blue sparkle Kustom 215 cab and appropriate head for the barn, was going to bring compact 90s Ampeg 112 50watter for boardroom - what's your bass rig? You may not need to bring the amp. Definitely bring the bass. And if you're a real bass player, those skills will likely be employed.

Re: bass. I'll have fab blue sparkle Kustom 215 cab and appropriate head for the barn, was going to bring compact 90s Ampeg 112 50watter for boardroom - what's your bass rig? You may not need to bring the amp. Definitely bring the bass. And if you're a real bass player, those skills will likely be employed.

– Proteus

Tim, I was planning on bringing this, which is tee-niney tiny in size (8" folded ported driver w/tweeter), but has a huge 175-watt voice (300w if we plug it into a 4-ohm cab) with thump. It can be used just about anywhere, but would probably be a good boardroom candidate, or even a cabin-living room amp. It's coming whether it gets used or not, as well as the G6073 (complete with the Tru-Arc prototype bass bridge #0001) that Roadjunkie won at the first Nashville Roundup.

Those class "D's" are great!

Heck, we'll need more than one Bass rig anyway, right?

Don't forget. I'm bringing my new Gretsch drum set. It's big and can get loud (not that it has to), so it's just right for the barn.

Yes!! And Thanks, Bob.

Those look great!

Sammy is coming along with Sir Proteus, so we are covered for percussion. YAY!!

Good. Bass-n-drum gear is more than covered.

If there's room, I'll bring the ultra-cool Ampeg B-12-XT Portaflex 2-12. It's technically a guitar amp, but is essentially a 2-channel-with-reverb version of the famous Portaflex flip-top bass amp. The 12s are in a sealed cabinet, and it will work for bass or guitar. Also boardroomy.

People should see it.

Register Sign in to join the conversation