Gretsch Events

Nashville Roundup 2017

Third pic left to right , Curt, Bob Howard, Tim Proteus.

Last one on left, Dave the Munman and Mary, on right Steve Snorre and new wife Shannon.

Sorry I'm doing this from a phone. Trying to enjoy time here and not able to use a pad so I'll just post later.

We just walked into heaven and one of us walked out with an angel.

– crowbone

Tartan Phantom is the luckiest dog in the kennel today at Carter's, where he was the brave soul who stepped up and gave this '47 Syncromatic blonde with some beautiful tort binding a new home.

Not only is it good to look at, but it really projects without having to dig in deep. It has flats on it, yet chimes and can be heard right across the room in a crowded guitar store.

Big congrats to Rob and his new guitar.

It's nuts how cool that guitar is

Dinner. Sorry too many names, Rickybob.

From my wife ,Karolyn's ,Facebook page...

I wanted to say thank you to Carter Hach. Carter has been wonderful assisting with planning our event. We came here for several years for the Gretsch event. We had not been here for a few years, with the passing of Miss Phila, the owner of Hachland Hills. Carter made it happen again. His hospitality is unmatched, the place is still the quaint accommodating place it was. Carter your Grandma is smiling down at you. You have brought back a group of musicians that love this place. I can not say enough about the happiness I saw on faces last night being back here. You brought a family all from other mothers, but just the same. We are the Gretsch family. Thank you for making this such a wonderful family reunion. Hope to be back for many years to come.

Rob's new Synchro is prewar by my estimation. Nothing as fancy and elegant as tortoise binding appears on the stuff coming just after WWII (think 6185, New Yorker, etc).

Not a really good photo of the F-holes but if the upper "curls" are smaller than the lower curls/holes, then that would confirm my suspicion that this is more like a '42ish incarnation.

Great snag Rob!

I'm sick over having to miss this Roundup. I've wanted to meet everyone but I guess I'll have to wait until next year. I hope everyone is having the greatest time ever!

I'm sick over having to miss this Roundup. I've wanted to meet everyone but I guess I'll have to wait until next year. I hope everyone is having the greatest time ever!

– duojet55

Ditto!

So what's the trick to talking your wife into spending the weekend hanging with a bunch of Gretsch geeks?

It's nuts how cool that guitar is

– Suprdave

+1. Congrats

First pic. Rob tartan phantom standing in hat. Paul redrocker seated playing in hat. Twom beside him. John crowbone behind him playing. Olivia Anne barefoot

– Suprdave

I AM from Kentucky, dontcha know

Ditto!

So what's the trick to talking your wife into spending the weekend hanging with a bunch of Gretsch geeks?

– Bryan K.

The trick is/are: #1 bring spouse, or #2 stay single or #3 diamonds for female or toys for males

Ditto!

– Bryan K.

for my wife it would be organic salads and grass fed steaks w plenty of craft beer :)

Register Sign in to join the conversation