Gretsch Events

Nashville Roundup 2017

Good. Bass-n-drum gear is more than covered.

If there's room, I'll bring the ultra-cool Ampeg B-12-XT Portaflex 2-12. It's technically a guitar amp, but is essentially a 2-channel-with-reverb version of the famous Portaflex flip-top bass amp. The 12s are in a sealed cabinet, and it will work for bass or guitar. Also boardroomy.

People should see it.

– Proteus

That's the one that lights up like the Vegas skyline when you power it on, I think....

If anyone has backing tracks you wish to share, I could bring my G-Dec. I've never gotten it where I've warmed to it & I know it's a fun amp. I'll bring my George G-6128T & Ed's beautiful Takamine acoustic Ed Ball bought "for" me, by accident. For me, I'll bring my sweet ukulele. Anyone need the short scale bass?

OMG… What is up with this site?

What a mess!

I have not been posting much in a long time… so I am shocked that it is now impossible to navigate through the pages… It is by pure luck that I landed on this thread…

Am I doing something wrong or is there a serious problem?

That said… I look forward to bonding with all of my old compadres in Nashville…

57 Chet

Hello Tim and Olivia… Your last posts are all that I am able to view!

I am really looking forward to seeing you BTW!

Thanks Brother… Likewise!

Tim, I was planning on bringing this, which is tee-niney tiny in size (8" folded ported driver w/tweeter), but has a huge 175-watt voice (300w if we plug it into a 4-ohm cab) with thump. It can be used just about anywhere, but would probably be a good boardroom candidate, or even a cabin-living room amp. It's coming whether it gets used or not, as well as the G6073 (complete with the Tru-Arc prototype bass bridge #0001) that Roadjunkie won at the first Nashville Roundup.

– Tartan Phantom

Once I had that amp down there and while we were outside of the barn we slaved out a 50 watt practice amp with that amp. Oh my Lord! I would suggest you try it at least once

Nick, there is a bug around page 6. You can read 1 through 5 and, separately, 6 to the end. You just can.t go from 5 to 6 or 6 to 5.

Once I had that amp down there and while we were outside of the barn we slaved out a 50 watt practice amp with that amp. Oh my Lord! I would suggest you try it at least once

– roadjunkie

Yo, Gary!

Any chance you'll be in the vicinity for this?

Hope it stays this way

Hope it stays this way

– Suprdave

It's Tennessee... If you don't like the weather, just wait 15 min. and check it again.

Yeah, that's how it is here in S. Ind

Yo, Gary!

Any chance you'll be in the vicinity for this?

– crowbone

No regrettably that won't happen.

Wish you could make it to Nashville, Gary, but it's good to see you online again anyway. Hope all is going well for you.

Thanks Bob… Every thing became locked up but seems OK now… I look forward to seeing you!

A couple days, and we'll be in the car, headed towards Joelton.

I'm so looking forward to this, I can barely work.

Work? Heck, I took off the entire week and next Monday. I'm too itchy to work. This is the "chicken soup for the soul" week. If anyone needs anything, let me know.

Just so y'all know. Retired dawg has withdrawn to take care of self and family in Florida. Prayers to you and family, Don and Beth.

If anyone has an idea for any type of presentation this weekend, please feel free to set up a time . I don't care if it's a string change demo. At this point, it will be a free for all, which has never really been a train wreck either but if we could add a little organization, it could help a bit. Saturday afternoon to evening is pretty much set though. Can't wait to experience your MC skills Saturday night, John.

A couple days, and we'll be in the car, headed towards Joelton.

I'm so looking forward to this, I can barely work.

– crowbone

Work? People work in NJ? Who'da thunk it?.... Me, I gotta get back out to the tobacco fields... it's just about harvest time.

Bit-o-News.

Looks like Sam Tubwhompus will not be with us. He lives with and cares for his aging, ill father, who has taken a turn for the worse, and it would be irresponsible to leave him for several days.

So, along with missing Sam's quick irrepressible wit and consummate tub-whompage, by my math we'll be short a drum kit.

Are there other drumbers and kits among the migrating hordes?

I could do a presentation on iOS guitar applications, or Using the iPad to Replace Your Entire Rig (Except the Guitar).

Work's been a bear(no insult intended, Bear!), and my step Mother sort of died, but she got better(true story) and told me to go.

I think Bob Howard is bringing some drums.

I have a set at the studio, but don't think there's room for it in the car, eh Bob?

P.S. Sorry Sam isn't making it. Always a pleasure to hang out and play with him. Doubly sorry Retireddog and the Mrs. Won't be able to attend.

Register Sign in to join the conversation