Gretsch Events

Nashville Roundup 2017

Hey Folks! It's that time again. Another Nashville Roundup for the GDP at Hachland Hills!

For those of us who have been privileged enough to be there before, you could never forget Phila Hach! She was a very unique human being! She was the Hostess and owner for years and one of the most Stellar cooks who has ever lived. Her attitude on life was infectious and she seemed to always be wearing a smile and ready to spout some words of wisdom. The history of her home and her career is a very interesting one and is certainly is worthy of the history books. She gave all of us at the Gretsch pages the utmost respect and a given amount of love, as well. She Cooked for us, served us and sang to us. She always greeted us with a smile and kept the front door step warm along with her dog or cat, usually.

Sadly Phila left us to be with the good Lord a few years back. We returned once thinking that all would be nearly the same and we could still enjoy things, as they were. You really don't realize how much things can change just because of the lack of one person, but as Miss Phila would say," it just goes to show ya how important each of us are." She smiled as she piled the grits on our plates for breakfast knowing that we would all enjoy and darned if she wasn't right. She would call out "Come and get it Chillen'" and ring the dinner bell at the back of the main building and we'd all come a runnin' for Miss Phila's vittles. She would give us a hug and a word of inspiration and sit and enjoy our music. She felt like family and it was nice.

So what if our return wasn't ideal. It was still Hachland Hills and the venue is nearly as special as Miss Phila was. We had our quirky things that we did and had plenty of fun doing them. Now we return with those same quirky ideas and plans and it looks like we'll be getting close to the same experience as before. Carter Hach, Phila's Grand son, is running the show now and seems to be excited about our return. I have told him that we would like to honor Phila and Hachland Hills as well as our love for all things Gretsch, at this event, so if you plan on coming and have been here before, take a minute to share an experience that you had with Miss Phila to him. Our Date is Sept 21st through Sept 24th. Three and a half days of bonding and playing and partying, of course. I will be arriving early and informed them that we would trickle in all day, as usual. There will be a Thursday night cook out, like before, with Burgers and any extras anyone may want to bring. Karolyn is going to make her Potato salad, it's great. No one is expected to bring anything. I know most of you will be traveling a good distance. The rest of the weekend we will be served by Hachland Hills and I will need to know if you will be eating with us at all meals or maybe leaving to go to town, as some like to do. The breakfast meals will be included in your room fee. If you aren't planning on staying at Hachland Hills, let us know if you'll be attending breakfast with us. We will need to know ahead of time, to add that meal to your order. I have priced everything below. Meals aren't cheap, at this event, one of the special things are the meals, and the bonding that takes place during them. The prices below reflect gratuity and tax. These aren't just normal hamburger/hot dog meals either. Check out by Noon on Sunday and if you want to hang out and say goodbye a little longer, they normally don't kick us to the curb.

My thought process behind this is to rekindle the relationship that we had with Hachland Hills. It will also be nice to pay our respects to an amazing human being that helped us all along the way. If this will be your first time at Hachland, then great! We're sure you'll enjoy you should plan on excitement and relaxation and much bonding.

This IS my first Rodeo so I hope I don't screw anything up. So with that...

Admission $35.00 per person

Lodging will be

$156.35 for a deluxe room (Private) based on double occupancy / day

$79.50 per person for a shared room (dorm style) / day

Meals

Breakfast…$12.56 (included if your lodging at Hachland)

Lunch…$27.64

Dinner…$37.69

Paypal 3%

All above prices are with tax and gratuity

contact me at dmiller at dpat dot com for a quote. Include what days you will need lodging and which meals you plan on attending and please put Nashville Roundup in the subject matter . ( I delete a lot of spam and don't want to mistake your inquiry for spam)

It may take me a day or so to get your quote together but I will verify that I got your request as I see them. I don't check my email much in the evening but I will make a point to check them more often for the next few weeks.

My deadline for all reservations is Sept 8 by Midnight.

Let's get this show on the road!

I can play bass. I will bring my bass amp rig and my handmade guitar amp, plus instruments.

Send me songs. I'm pretty good at surf and classic rock(n'roll) stuff

Baxter and I will be there with bells on...and banana maracas in tow. I expect we will arrive on Friday, but I'll check with the boss on that detail. I can't wait to see y'all again. I have miss y'all and Nashville. ❤️

Amy and I will be there, but likely won't be staying onsite-- making the daily 45-mile commute instead.

Dave, as usual, I will be making the Phantom barbecue beans for the Thursday night cookout.

And as always in the past, we are both available for Nashville area mini-tours for the uninitiated-- at no charge, of course

Oh, crap, I've discovered I have a conflict that weekend. I don't know if I'll be able to reconcile it in favor of the Roundup.

Oy.

Paul/FF909

Dave, message sent. My friend, Brandy Bailey, is joining us this time. I convinced her that as much as she loves music she will love us. She's a Stevie Nicks & Fleetwood Mac Girl. We go to music together.

And, I finally may have convinced Dennis Ledford & his wife Nancy to join us. Nancy is a beautiful singer. Dennis is a way back Gretsch guy who plays around here constantly. One of his bands is one of my favorites--Nervous Melvin & the Mistakes--one of Louisville favorites since the 60s. Joe worked on his beautiful ancient Gent while they were at Abbey Road on the River. Joe was amazed at features about which he kept saying "this doesn't exist!" Hope they make it.

Oh, & I'll bring the usual stuff, and limes, Tartan.

Oh, Boy, oh, boy.

I hope you can get there, Paul.

Just so you all know that space is limited especially private rooms so it will be first come first serve.

Can't wait to see y'all!

Otter, it will be great to finally meet. Thanks for offering up your bass skills.

Olivia, the more the merrier.

It's gonna be a blast, Miss Deed.

Looking forward to the beans, Rob. We might have to get someone else to cook the burgers this year. I might be tied up getting people to their respective rooms.

I'm in and emailed you Dave. It's gonna be great.

Dave, message sent. My friend, Brandy Bailey, is joining us this time. I convinced her that as much as she loves music she will love us. She's a Stevie Nicks & Fleetwood Mac Girl. We go to music together.

And, I finally may have convinced Dennis Ledford & his wife Nancy to join us. Nancy is a beautiful singer. Dennis is a way back Gretsch guy who plays around here constantly. One of his bands is one of my favorites--Nervous Melvin & the Mistakes--one of Louisville favorites since the 60s. Joe worked on his beautiful ancient Gent while they were at Abbey Road on the River. Joe was amazed at features about which he kept saying "this doesn't exist!" Hope they make it.

Oh, & I'll bring the usual stuff, and limes, Tartan.

Oh, Boy, oh, boy.

– Olivia Anne

For someone like myself who normally doesn't do fruity mixed cocktails or punch, You've converted me with your exclusive elixirs! That's a major accomplishment on your part.

I'll be there. Lemme know if I should bring a bass too. I'll holler at my bud Gregg (he was at the Hoosier Daddy) to see I can kidnap him too.

I'm definitely bringing the 6073 Bass-- it was one of the prizes from the first Nashville Roundup in 2008 and I don't think it's been back since.

Aw nuts! I'd love to join you guys but can't make that particular weekend in September.

My first Roundup was at Hachland Hills and I loved the place, loved Ms Phila and loved hanging with all of y'all.

I even picked up phrases like "y'all".

Have a ball, y'all!!

2017 Nashville Roundup, not sure I ever expected to see those words again but they sure do look good! Well done Dave, well done.

Terrific! Seeing a few orders this morning already.

Greg, sorry to hear that you and the Missus can't make it. I wish I could make this date good for everyone.

That's cool Rob! Another bass could never hurt and that Gretsch is a nice one.

So glad you're planning on coming, Sam! that would be nice if Gregg could join us, as well. He fits in real well.

Right? Curt. I was surprised this all worked out the way it did. Like I said though, most of the credit goes to Nobody.

I'll get some of the quotes worked up tonight.

This is going to be a blast!

I'm in. I hope there will be a drum set, as I want to play as much drums as I can and y'all will put up with. I'd bring my set, but I wasn't planning to drive, but to fly. I might want to come a day early to see some of Nashville. We'll see.

It's offeecial. Gregg's coming too. WOOHOO!

Anybody doing a road trip from Jersey/Philly?

Anybody doing a road trip from Jersey/Philly?

– crowbone

John, I think Bob said he would likely be driving. I'd normally be on board to ride shotgun with him, but I will have to fly in this year (have work that Thursday/Friday).

KUDOS Dave !! Very psyched about this! w00t !!!

Such great news, Sam!

Bob, I'm sure Sam will be bringing a set and I'm working on my drummer, Jeff. I hope he'll come too.

I'm stoked too, Paul.

This party is coming together nicely.

I think I've gotten all the emails that I have so far but If I don't reply in a few hours, during the day, then say something here. I don't want to miss anyone.

I'm in Dave, you have done a great job to make this happen. Mrs Cross tells me she can't make it right now, but maybe I can talk her into changing her mind. It'll be a different ride from Florida!

Register Sign in to join the conversation