Gretsch Events

Las Vegas rockabilly weekend

On my way. Anyone else going? Get to see Brenda Lee, reverend Horton heat, Los straitjackets. And lots more. Should be fun

There's a band around here, The Rock-a-Sonics that are going. Sounds like a par-tay and often the advertising posters have Gretsch iconography in them.

My wife and I are going. Gonna try and beat the snow over the Sierras first, then bounce from Reno to Vegas.

Along with all the great bands, the artist of the show will be there this year. Everybody stop and meet Vince Ray if you haven't already.

And be sure to catch the Los Straitjackets performance. Fantastic band that you don't want to miss seeing.

Deke is doing an R&B revival night on Saturday, and his Deke's hillbilly geek fest on Sunday night. Those are gonna be so great, also our Vince Ray will be at the Car show saturday signing artwork.

Just arrived and am lurking around the Alligator bar. Looks like it's all shaping up to be a great weekend

Im staying home this year, but a few tips for those of you going that have never been.

Make sure you get the Viva Band Schedule and make a Pre Plan of the Bands you want to see.Get to the Scheduled Shows at least 45 minutes before the actual Start times, theres always people Lined up ahead of time and if you get there late you wont get in,,or you'll get stuck way in the back staring at the back of someones head.

From your hotel use UBER if you can. If you drive your car to the Orleans, the Parking lots are full and you just might end up walking up to a half a mile before you even get thru the Orleans doors.

Make sure you wear comfortable shoes,its looooong day on your feet especially at the car show.

They have a Liquor/Beer store at the Orleans. The wait times at the Bar during peak times is ridiculous. You can grab a beer at the "mini mart" and be on your way faster and cheaper.

You can always find a seat at the Main Ballroom. Finding a seat to rest awhile is hard to come by during Viva. I regularly grab a coffee and Desert at the Cafe/Diner just to sit and rest for an hour. (maybe Im getting old).

Bowling a few Games at Viva is A Great time,,I suggest you try it .

Lastly, there are No actual naked women at the Burlesque Shows, so dont be disappointed.

P.S. if you see a bunch of Fonzie looking greasers posting up on opposing sides, like a scene from West Side Story,,,run the opposite way,A Rumble might be coming .

Now that is one cool weekend. I'm truly envious of anybody who is going. I'm going to be in the Auburn California area for a wedding in late June...anything interesting guitar-wise in that area (shops, shows, etc)?

All good here....Planet Rockers, Graham Fenton, the Rip Em Ups all did great sets. Found the original George Barris bat mobile at the Car Show. Meeting Ethan and Sandy from Cave Valley Amps soon so will be back on the Bud. Hard to post photos but will do that when I find some reception

Now that is one cool weekend. I'm truly envious of anybody who is going. I'm going to be in the Auburn California area for a wedding in late June...anything interesting guitar-wise in that area (shops, shows, etc)?

Encore Music in Auburn is ok. Cave Valley Amps is 20 minutes across the American River Canyon. Bring your wakeboard and I'll take you out on my secret lake!

– Gretschadelphia

Come and visit my little mountain town. We are only about one hour 15 minutes east of Auburn.

If you must stay down there, however, you should visit Coloma, the site where gold was discovered in California, and visit some of the Motherlode communities. Nevada City and Grass Valley are great communities which are close by.

I don't really think of anything exceptional guitar-wise in that area. Perhaps Powdog knows of something.

After years of emailing and collaboration I finally got to meet and hang out with Vince Ray. What a kick! I'm such a big fan of his work, really the main reason I came out to Viva. The rest is just icing.

Come and visit my little mountain town. We are only about one hour 15 minutes east of Auburn.

If you must stay down there, however, you should visit Coloma, the site where gold was discovered in California, and visit some of the Motherlode communities. Nevada City and Grass Valley are great communities which are close by.

I don't really think of anything exceptional guitar-wise in that area. Perhaps Powdog knows of something.

– Ric12string

I visited Grass Valley some years back and recall an interesting little guitar shop somewhere on the main drag but they were closed at the time. I wonder if they are still there. I recall seeing some old Gretsches and other interesting stuff through the window. Nephew who is getting married actually lives and works in Nevada City.

The original Batmobile.....

...and BTTF Delorean

The Rev riding Jimbos bass

Guitar/bass switchup

....and out comes Deke

Y finalamente, Los luchadores se llaman Los Straightjackets.

What a great time. Thank you Vince Ray for the art work. You are a super nice guy. I will post some pics asap.

Helluva day. Should have taken more car pics, but I was too busy gawking (at the cars).

Sandy and I got to hang out with Vince Ray, which was a kick. Most fun I've had at a car show. Lotsa beers, lotsa laughs.

Aw guys... I am soooo jealous. I'd love to meet you fellas at something like this. I feel extremely lucky that I have met RHH in my little far away town, and seen him perform twice. But to go to an event like this would be just wonderful.

Register Sign in to join the conversation