Gretsch Events

KC Roundup?

Haven't heard of one in a year or so. With all the talk about Nashville, I am curious. Do they still go on? It would normally be getting close.

I haven't plsnned to have one this year.

Well...then I guess I just won't plan to attend it this year !!!

I missed the last one (2years back?) and have had an eye open for any news on another. KC is a lot more cost effective for me. :)

yep, I enjoyed the KC/Cowtown Roundups. it'd be nice to have one again.

yep, I enjoyed the KC/Cowtown Roundups. it'd be nice to have one again.

– Sgt Rock

Got that right Sarg, they were very enjoyable. Baxter put a lot of work into these to make them work so smoothly, and that everyone who attended had a great and memorable time.

Me three. The VFW folks were some great hosts too.

My "smart-alec" comment above not withstanding (which was meant as lighthearted humor)....I also quite enjoyed the KC Roundup which I was able to attend.....I also had planned to attend the last one, but a nasty ear infection (which made it impossible for me to listen to pretty much ANY sound, not to mention amplified guitars, bass and drums) made me have to miss the thing. I also concur that Baxter made the event memorable in every aspect....so, I am indeed looking forward to the time that another is scheduled and announced. I will definitely plan to attend.

I was there, too. And I concur with the above sentiments: great fun, near home, etc. And my thanks to Tim for organizing it.

has the planning progressed any further for a KC Roundup in 2016 ? just curious.

Hey Bax, if you do have it this year, we love to play at it!

I missed the last one (2years back?) and have had an eye open for any news on another. KC is a lot more cost effective for me. :)

– Threadkiller

Come on out to the California Roundup.

I attended one of those, and it was a great time. Tim and Angel did an outstanding job, as did our man, Joe Carducci, and others who helped. The music and camaraderie was just super and the food was out of this world. There has to be an awful lot of work in making one of these roundups successful. To quote the Hag, "Always too much work, and never enough pay." The joy of seeing old friends is the only pay and satisfaction, but that part is considerable for all of us.

With my monetary situation at the moment I'm gonna have to round up here at home. Its a great time to be a teacher in Oklahoma. We truly are last on the scale.

Register Sign in to join the conversation