Gretsch Events

Join The Jet Set at the California Gold Rush Roundup (REGISTRATION …

That's better than the forecast Carol showed me yesterday, which was hovering around 100 for all 3 days.

I can do 80s. 90s are a problem. Can't do 100.

No matter the weather, it's sure to be a HOT time!

I can do 80s. 90s are a problem. Can't do 100.

– Proteus

But, it's a dry heat.

If it's REALLY hot, we can just slow down all the tempos and play everything as reggae.

But, it's a dry heat.

Uh huh. The kind that doesn't even leave a grease spot when it's done sapping your vital essence and dessicating your bag-o-bones.

we can just slow down all the tempos and play everything as reggae.

I'm good with that. I can 2 & 4 all night.

Great shirt, Vince and RicBob. Wish I’d been quicker and ordered. Probably the best one yet.

Strings changed back over to a heavy set of Pure Nickel RoundWounds, Mystery Brain BS-301 consultation with Tavo completed, manicure on left hand fingernails commencing...

Scott, it will be good to have you at the Roundup, finally! Those Sparkle Jets look nice.

Hey Powertronman,

Cookies in process, Gluten-free, Corn-free options...Cinnamon or Ginger?

My wife just made Oatmeal Chocochip for those other folks attending ...

A little flurry of people registering at the last minute. I love it. One is our old friend Brian Schultz. So glad that he will be with us again.

Question for anyone who’s played in the main room: is there any point in having a reverb pedal, or is deverb more the need?

I'm guessing between Mel and myself there will be at least 3 reverb units, whether we need them or not.

There used to be waaay too much natural reverb in the room, but Camp Lodestar installed some baffling, which helped a lot. But, the room is still pretty live. I would probably go with another pedal where space/weight is at a premium.

Well, space & weight aren't so much the issue - just if the details of one reverb algorithm vs another are lost anyway, or only contribute to reVERBerant mud, there's no point.

Well, space & weight aren't so much the issue - just if the details of one reverb algorithm vs another are lost anyway, or only contribute to reVERBerant mud, there's no point.

– Proteus

I might consider another pedal as I think that nuances will probably be lost.

In that room I think one of Mel’s Drip Switch pedals will help with reVERB nuance. Sometimes less is more.

Friday the 13th is an odd year Full Moon...been a while...

It'll be a Howlin' Good Time!

We can do that! One of Joe Carducci's favorite songs to play is "Killling Floor." And there's always "Smokestack Lightning," "Spoonful," "Sittin' On Top Of The World," "I Ain't Superstitious," "Little Red Rooster," etc. etc.

Trying to get a couple oddities ready for this weekend.

Powdog, you'll have unpowered cabs, so I could bring mini-amps?

Powdog, you'll have unpowered cabs, so I could bring mini-amps?

– Proteus

Sure. I’m bringing the big tweed box for Tom to try a 15” with his Vicky.

Register Sign in to join the conversation