Gretsch Events

Join The Jet Set at the California Gold Rush Roundup (REGISTRATION …

I much prefer the large cool image on the front of my t shirts myself,cause 80% of the year i have a jacket or sweater on,aye,the weather is that good here!

Let's start first with getting you out here.

OK, I'll come. I'll be there. Get me a T-shirt.

Now, think the Kustom kan kome as karry-on?

– Proteus

What size?

And, no.

I dunno, L. XL. Waddaya think?

I'm only coming because it's Jets, you know. I'll have a Jet song for us to play. It'll be cool.

I dunno, L. XL. Waddaya think?

I'm only coming because it's Jets, you know. I'll have a Jet song for us to play. It'll be cool.

– Proteus

Is it this one? Parabar can play this one in his sleep and would be thrilled to accompany you!

Are you still your slender self? If so, I would say a L. However, if you have backslidden a bit, then an XL. But, these shirts are standard t-shirt sizes, so whatever you are ordering for your Nashville shirt, this one would be the same.

And speaking of t-shirts, the deadline for getting an order submitted is rapidly upon us. See the instructions above for ordering a shirt. $15.00 at the Roundup, $20 shipped. PayPal Friends & Family. Specify Men's or Ladies' shirt, and the size. If we are shipping, send your mailing address in the message with PayPal, along with size and recipient gender.

And the shirts are available in all of your favorite colors, as long as your favorite color is black.

Finally, you don't have to attend the Roundup to order this übercool Vince Ray design t-shirt. Just ask for it to be shipped to you.

C'mon now, Join The Jet Set!

OK, I'll come. I'll be there. -- Proteus

And will the always lovely Mrs. Proteus be joining us as well? Isn't she out here already with the grandchildren? If so, she really should come up to the Roundup so that she can see what they are all about. In fact, it could really be a family affair so that you would have even more time with your grandchildren. Bring your daughter, along with her husband and children, all up.

JET BOY JET GIRL ...I WANNA TAKE YOU ROUND THE WORLD. ....anyone know that song?

JET BOY JET GIRL ...I WANNA TAKE YOU ROUND THE WORLD. ....anyone know that song?

– Vince_Ray

It's a great song, Vince! But, the lyrics are perhaps a bit much for the GDP censors!

Mrs P has been to a few Roundups - and in fact was an integral part of the first one, when she and Nate engineered the fire pit and First Primordial Branding Ceremony.

She has returned from Cali, and I will be solo.

Mrs P has been to a few Roundups - and in fact was an integral part of the first one, when she and Nate engineered the fire pit and First Primordial Branding Ceremony.

She has returned from Cali, and I will be solo.

– Proteus

Your daughter hasn't been to a Roundup yet. Are ya discrimatin' agin' her? Bring her, I say.

It's a great song, Vince! But, the lyrics are perhaps a bit much for the GDP censors!

– Ric12string

I dunno, Rickybob. The whole bunch of 'em went to a ComicCon last weekend in San...San Something. One of those places in your state. Cheryl went as Senator Morgana, the grandkids as some anime characters. Whaddayou got to compare to wookies, storm troopers, and Indy Jones and his pa?

We have a character straight out of Marvel comic books called Powertronman. I bet that they didn't see HIM at the convention!

Ric12string said "Parabar can play this one in his sleep and would be thrilled to accompany you."

Well, um, not being much of a Wings fan, I might HAVE to be asleep to play it, and "thrilled" MIGHT be too strong a word. But okay, I'm in. And leave us not forget:

"Leavin' On A Jet Plane" - John Denver/Peter, Paul & Mary
"Jet Airliner" - Steve Miller Band
"Bennie and the Jets" - Elton John

But THIS one is my personal pick. Love me some Leonard Bernstein! And years ago I did play French horn in the pit band for a production of "West Side Story."

One of the best Plays and Movies of all time...I have the German Vinyl LP conducted by Bernstein w/ Carreras and Kanawa.

Spielberg is working on an updated version for 2020 release, one of my wife's dear friends has been an extra...filming in Manhattan.

And yes, the "Jet Song" is a must do!

– Proteus

Yippee! This is gonna be a Roundup for the ages! Or should I say a Roundup for the “ageless”. Glad you will be joining us Proteus. Bob has encouraged me to bring my Martin Mark Knopfler which you liked I believe. Scott Played some killer solo acoustic songs on it a few years back.

We have a character straight out of Marvel comic books called Powertronman. I bet that they didn't see HIM at the convention!

– Ric12string

Hmmm. I better up my game If I have to compete with Comic-Con. I’ll at least need some jet-packs in addition to my Dou-Jet.

T-shirt order sent. Thanks.

Not happy about missing the Roundup this year. But this will be my first time to Europe in my 60 years, and I'll be with family and friends, so that should be some consolation.

On a side note, is there any chance of establishing a 'permanent' weekend (1st or 2nd after Labor day seems like when it usually happens) for the Roundup? Might make attending easier to schedule for people if it was always the same weekend....just a thought...

Not only is it always this weekend, but I even put up a thread to remind people to put it on their calendars.

Reminder Thread

Sometimes I feel like it is that horse and water thing.

Not only is it always this weekend, but I even put up a thread to remind people to put it on their calendars.

Reminder Thread

– Ric12string

You can take a horse to water but a pencil has to be lead- Stan Laurel

Reminder Thread

– Ric12string

Funny thing- Every year I plan to attend, and then I do! It’s all about priorities...

Funny thing- Every year I plan to attend, and then I do! It’s all about priorities...

– Powertronman

...or mental functionality...

Register Sign in to join the conversation