Gretsch Events

Join The Jet Set at the California Gold Rush Roundup (REGISTRATION …

Well surely we'll want a halogen follow spot to highlight whatever Proteus will be wearing when he appears there, right? OK, maybe LEDs would be a better choice for that.

Don't forget that there has to be a way to create ventilation. It can stifling hot in those tents when the weather is hot. Conversely, if the weather is cold, no one will want to use the tent unless it is heated. Those are both issues to consider.

Joke Time!

Hot - that's what Beer is for...or Iced Tea

Cold - that's what Liquor is for...or Coffee

Think Revival...who can Preach?

Most of the online options you can put the sides up or down. Some are open fronts.

I already have two standing Fans, a 75ft. extension cord, and a 4 plug Power Conditioner.

Those LED strand lights are quite bright, after Holiday sales $4 for 25ft.

The porch is great for hanging out, another "real" separate Venue is an upgrade.

The risk is small, the reward worth the effort.

It all comes down to cost and labor. Personally erecting a party event tent is not another duty that I need (or want).

No worries...

Just chatted with Jeff, the Amphitheater has power at both ends...they have set up open-sided 10*10 gazebos (they have 3) for other events, etc.

No Rental options he knows of...the tents I used to have and now see online take 15 minutes to erect and tear-down.

He'll call back later with dimensions.

A couple comments about an additional stage for acoustics ...

yes ... I set up an additional stage last year as I had brought additional PA equipment. Partially I was being selfish as I wanted a quiet place to get to know my new-to-me Double Bass that Frank so graciously hauled up from SoCal (Thanks Again Frank). It worked out REALLY well as quite a few folks came down and joined us. But in hindsight it definitely felt a little disconnected (although I felt the same between the Barn and the Boardroom in Nashville) ... ya just can't be in two places at the same time, and the weekend FLYS by SOOOOO Quickly.

I kept a watchful eye out for a desire to extend down to that location again this year, but the number of acoustic attempts appeared to be quite content with either a little downtime on the stage or the deck just outside. Jeff offered me a small PA, I opted for simply unplugged ... maybe I blew it (Sorry if that's the case)

I hung out at the lower stage for a while two years ago and thought it was very cool. You’re wife and her friend were doing their thing. Manny played a few Mike Ness tunes, all the while you were keeping the back beat with the dbl bass. I don’t think a PA was even needed.

Next year I’ll drag along a cajon and see how the amphitheater evolves. I think all acoustic would be fine for that stage.

Just dropping in to say I haven't forgotten my pics and memories of the Jet Set Roundup. Nashville kept me pretty busy last week, but I have over 300 photos processed and ready to start posting. (No, not all of them.) I'll get to them as I can - because there's effectively NO internet at Hachland Hills, I've let emails and other business go since last Thursday, and feel as a responsible adult that I ought to discharge some of that work as well.

Hopefully tomorrow. (Today was recovery day.)

The Amphitheater deck is 32ft * 16ft

I thought it to be just a little bigger ... like 35*20.

If we were to move forward, I think much lower volume - but a nice set-up, a few amps, a small PA.

Whatever my current hearing woes, I can still hear. Volume has to have clarity.

The Main Room should be gauged like a Nightclub...if it is too loud to chat to the one next to you, or order a drink, it's too loud.

At one point I stepped out the front door with someone to chat, about 6 ft. outside, doors closed, and we both noticed the 1/3 full bottle of water I was holding was vibrating!

When Parabar and a couple others played as a quartet, during the "Spooky" set, that volume was about perfect...if just a little soft.

A couple comments about an additional stage for acoustics ...

yes ... I set up an additional stage last year as I had brought additional PA equipment. Partially I was being selfish as I wanted a quiet place to get to know my new-to-me Double Bass that Frank so graciously hauled up from SoCal (Thanks Again Frank). It worked out REALLY well as quite a few folks came down and joined us. But in hindsight it definitely felt a little disconnected (although I felt the same between the Barn and the Boardroom in Nashville) ... ya just can't be in two places at the same time, and the weekend FLYS by SOOOOO Quickly.

I kept a watchful eye out for a desire to extend down to that location again this year, but the number of acoustic attempts appeared to be quite content with either a little downtime on the stage or the deck just outside. Jeff offered me a small PA, I opted for simply unplugged ... maybe I blew it (Sorry if that's the case)

– afm_380

Great point. It is impossible to be in two places, at once.

In Nashville, the past few years, the boardroom has rarely been used. Mostly for Joe's special presentations. Hoot Owl did play up there a bit this year but I believe he was prepping to come to the barn and play, which he did for the first time. Actually twice.

As an event coordinator I am really pleased to see people take advantage of the many possible places to play. Heck, NJBob and Brother Ray set up in a gazebo this year, that's never been used for this at one of our events before. I loved how they played to me while I was getting the fire pit ready.

Although I can’t speak to the California situation, I like the idea of the multiple locations that we have in Nashville. Different strokes for different folks.

Although most of my time was spent in the barn, Hoot Owl, Twom and I played briefly in the boardroom and I placed a guitar in the cabin but only briefly noodled around with it with the intent of catching up with someone for additional playing. In fact, I mentioned to Hoot Owl yesterday that I plan to bring three guitars next year and leaving one in each of the three main locations with the intent of playing more.

I've acquired four of these 'enhancer' amp stands that tilt the amp back and port the open back out front ... I'll plan on bringing these next year for the front line of the 'Amp Wall'

Cool! Does that direct open back sounds through the bottom like a reflex cab?

that's the design ... I'll post another pic with the amp removed

that's the design ... I'll post another pic with the amp removed

– afm_380

No worries, I checked them out, online. Very cool design and great idea. I may have to get one someday. I just wish they were collapsible.

Register Sign in to join the conversation