Gretsch Events

Join The Jet Set at the California Gold Rush Roundup (REGISTRATION …

COME AND JOIN THE JET SET AT THE CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH ROUNDUP!

Let’s start with the most important information first:

When: September 13-15, 2019
Where: Camp Lodestar
6135 Blue Mountain Road
Wilseyville, California 95257

Join The Jet Set!

It’s that time of year again when Gretsch lovers return to Camp Lodestar for the California Gold Rush Roundup – two and one-half days of guitars, music, food, and, best of all, friendships. Come this year and Join The Jet Set.

This year’s Roundup theme will be “Join The Jet Set” as we celebrate all forms of Gretsch Jets. Whether a Duo Jet, Silver Jet, Sparkle Jet, Firebird Jet, Cadillac Green Jet, Double Jet, Electromatic Jet, or Junior Jet, we want to see and hear it at the California Gold Rush Roundup. Of course, all forms of Gretsch guitars are welcome at the Roundup. However, we really want to see (and hear) your Jet guitars there.

As we have announced earlier (late last year), the dates for the California Gold Rush Roundup are September 13 - 15, 2019. We will return again to Camp Lodestar in Wilseyville, California, where we couldn’t have found a home away from home with a friendlier staff or better surroundings in which to make some music.

Getting In On The Action

While joining in on stage (such as it is) can be somewhat intimidating to many, it needn’t be at the Roundup. A more supportive group of fellow Gretsch fans would be hard to find. If you are feeling like you would like to share more in the Roundup experience, come prepared to get up and play a song or two if you would like.

And there are other opportunities to play in smaller groupings, whether on the outdoor stage area a short distance from the Dining Hall or even outside on the deck.

The Cardooch

And returning again to the California Gold Rush Roundup will be none other than “da man” himself, Joe Carducci. We’d be hard-pressed to find a better and harder-working Gretsch ambassador to the consumer public. The man lives, breathes, and eats Gretsch. Joe has been along for the ride ever since FMIC got the keys to the car from Fred Gretsch and, more than anyone, he, along with Mike Lewis, is responsible for the continuous upgrade to Gretsch guitars ever since FMIC became involved.

The Swagfest

As always, Joe will be a huge part of the events on Saturday night, providing us a bit of the history of the company, and perhaps giving a look ahead to what new and exciting things lay in store for Gretsch fans. And, of course, he will host the Swagfest that evening where everyone who drops a pick in the guitar will have a chance to win something special from Gretsch. Who knows? You could take home a Gretsch t-shirt or other Gretsch memorabilia, or even a Gretsch guitar!

Roundup T-Shirts

Oh yeah, speaking of t-shirts, did I mention already that we will be having a very cool Vince Ray-designed Roundup t-shirt? Vince simply comes up with some wonderful ideas for our shirts and this one is no different. Take a look at this year’s design in the following post (because I can’t upload it into this particular spot of my post) and be thinking about what size and how many of each size you will need. I will be posting about the shirts once I have obtained current pricing information from the printer.

Be There Or ... Okay, Just Be There!

If you haven’t attended the California Gold Rush Roundup before, now is your chance to dip your toes in the Kool-Aid (how’s that for mixing metaphors??). Come on out to the Roundup and have the time of your life.

The Details

Lodging is in one of the dormitories (one for women, the other for men), so be certain to bring a sleeping bag, or sheets and blankets. While there are some very small cabins that we have been allowed to use, those will be reserved for families/couples on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you have special dietary requirements, please let me know that when you sign up so that I can let the kitchen staff know about this. Camp Lodestar is extremely accommodating with special dietary needs, but they have to know about it in advance so that they can plan meals accordingly.

Registration

Please register in the following manner:

Send me an email at CaliforniaRoundup[at]yahoo[dot]com and tell me how many of you will be in your party, everyone's names, and the days/nights which you will be attending. Also, tell me if you have any special dietary needs and if you are a family or couple who are seeking a small cabin.

PayPal the registration fees to me. My PayPal address to use is myscreenname[at]yahoo[dot]com. (Don't use the California Roundup email address for PayPal'ing funds.) You must use the Friends & Family option with PayPal for these prices.

If you have any questions, please ask before registering. You can send questions to CaliforniaRoundup[at]yahoo[dot]com.

Registration Pricing

Pricing for the event is as follows:

Lodging and all meals, Fri dinner - Sun breakfast: $190.00
Lodging and all meals, Sat lunch - Sun breakfast: 105.00

RVs/trailers and all meals, Fri dinner - Sun breakfast: $105.00
RVs/trailers and all meals, Sat lunch - Sun breakfast: 60.00

If you are expecting family and friends to attend and join us for a meal, please let me know that and I can price individual meals for you. We will need to know in advance, however, of guests such as this so that the staff can appropriately plan to have enough food on hand.

About My Responsiveness

Please note that, for the next four or five days, I am currently on vacation and in a different time zone where I only infrequently check email. However, if you have sent me an email with questions, or have PayPal’d the registration fees, I will definitely get back to you at my first opportunity. By the end of next week, I should be pretty much recovered from my travels and will be timely in my communications with you.

So, come on now, let’s get with it and Join The Jet Set by attending the California Gold Rush Roundup.

Here is this year's Jet Set t-shirt design from none other than Vince Ray himself.

Diggin' the shirt! Y'all have fun. Bob puts on a great party!

Looking forward to seeing all the usual suspects! Can’t wait.

The Jet Set: Jets are go!

Of course, the Nashville 6121 should be considered a part of the Jet family of guitars. But, what about the 6134 Penguin? But for the headstock, wouldn’t a Penguin be essentially another form of a Jet?

Bob- Please let us know how non-attendees can get one of those shirts. That design is awesome.

Twom, watch for the eventual thread about the T-shirts.

Me and Ms. Hipbone will be attending this fine event.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the T-shirt graphics! Looking forward to the 2019 Gold Rush Roundup.

– Joe Carducci/Gretsch Guitars

Many many thanks Joe! That's great to hear and thanks again for the support recently

Great theme (I love my Double Jet) and really cool art. I’ve been a big fan of Vince’s forever. The whole pitch is very clever.

Homerun gents.

I'm there!

Looking forward to everything and will bring a "Jet" or two ,,, :)

I'm ba-a-ack! (Be afraid, be VERY afraid!)

Linda, Carla, and I are in (I guess we'll leave the Country Clubs home .... there'll only be a short distance away). Anybody interested in playing the Double Bass?

Unfortunately, for the first time in quite a while (2010, I think), we won't be able to be there this year. The Overland Avenue Quartet has one of its biggest gigs of the year on Saturday, the 14th, and I don't have a Jet to fly there in afterward to get there in time for swagfest, though it would fit the theme if I did. So have a great time, we'll catch you on the next one.

Whether a Duo Jet, Silver Jet, Sparkle Jet, Firebird Jet, Cadillac Green Jet, Double Jet, Electromatic Jet, or Junior Jet, we want to see and hear it at the California Gold Rush Roundup.

What, no Astro Jets?

Fine!

I won't go then!

Unfortunately, for the first time in quite a while (2010, I think), we won't be able to be there this year. The Overland Avenue Quartet has one of its biggest gigs of the year on Saturday, the 14th, and I don't have a Jet to fly there in afterward to get there in time for swagfest, though it would fit the theme if I did. So have a great time, we'll catch you on the next one.

– giffenf

Frank, we will miss you! I was really looking forward to playing with you again. Oh well, hope you can make it next year!

I'm ba-a-ack! (Be afraid, be VERY afraid!)

– Parabar

Welcome back Parabar! May I suggest some “Green Onions” to start with?

That could happen. Maybe even a whole "Soul Kitchen" medley --- Willie Bobo's "Fried Neckbones and Home Fries," Jimmy Smith's "Back At The Chicken Shack," Kenny Burrell's "Chitlins Con Carne," Cal Tjader's "Soul Sauce," etc. etc.

I understand Paul (rhythmisking) won't be with us this year cause he's going to Europe, so if we can recruit another sax player, so much the better.

Love the t-shirt! Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

That could happen. Maybe even a whole "Soul Kitchen" medley --- Willie Bobo's "Fried Neckbones and Home Fries," Jimmy Smith's "Back At The Chicken Shack," Kenny Burrell's "Chitlins Con Carne," Cal Tjader's "Soul Sauce," etc. etc.

I understand Paul (rhythmisking) won't be with us this year cause he's going to Europe, so if we can recruit another sax player, so much the better.

– Parabar

Oh my!

Things need to be settled on the homestead. I was thinking that this was not a good year.

However, being a legend in my own mind, I'd really like to be Kenny Burrell in your jam.

Even at the risk a being a pariah (bad lawn maintenance) in my neighborhood, I'd like to do this. just need to check with my California siblings.

Lee

Is there a Sign-Up Deadline?

I'm still working our schedules...

Unfortunately, for the first time in quite a while (2010, I think), we won't be able to be there this year. The Overland Avenue Quartet has one of its biggest gigs of the year on Saturday, the 14th, and I don't have a Jet to fly there in afterward to get there in time for swagfest, though it would fit the theme if I did. So have a great time, we'll catch you on the next one. -- giffenf

Frank, you will be dearly missed. While Parabar has been absent the past couple of years, you have tended to become the band glue that has facilitated much of the playing at the Roundup, particularly with the Swagfest doings. Plan for the second weekend in September next year and let's see you again. By the way, we now won't have a candy connection for this Roundup!! What will we do?

Whether a Duo Jet, Silver Jet, Sparkle Jet, Firebird Jet, Cadillac Green Jet, Double Jet, Electromatic Jet, or Junior Jet, we want to see and hear it at the California Gold Rush Roundup.

What, no Astro Jets?

Fine!

I won't go then! -- Crowbone

John, if that is all that is keeping you from attending, then I, for one, would certainly be advocating that an Astro Jet is a worthy component of The Jet Set! One of these years, you are going to have to make it out west for our soiree.

Is there a Sign-Up Deadline?

I'm still working our schedules... -- Twangmeisternyc

No, there is not a deadline except to the extent that you want to eat. That is to say, I will need to have a fairly good headcount a few days out from the Roundup so that the staff can adequately purchase food supplies for our meals. They need to know how many to plan for for each meal.

Love the t-shirt! Looking forward to seeing everyone soon! -- Mel Waldorf

Keep your eye open for a thread on the pricing of t-shirts and for orders. I am back from my travels and am almost feeling human today, so I will be in touch today with the printer to make the final arrangements.

Bump for a Friday night.

We are only a little over one month away. Time to make plans to attend the Roundup. Let me know if you have questions that need to be answered.

Register Sign in to join the conversation