Gretsch Events

Jan 4th CBell Memorial/Birthday Bash Berlin NJ

Good time. Billy and the Deck Band were great. Cal Van Etten electrified the room! Thanks for putting it together Billy.

Cal Van Etten on his Booneville Gretsch

– Billy D Light

Is Cal a member of the GDP?

He will be. Had a good chat with him last night. He has great enthusiasm for his new-to-him Nashville.

I need to buzz up and hang with BDL and his crew from time to time. So much fun and plenty of kick-ass musicians and cool peeps.

Paul/FF909

Is Cal a member of the GDP?

– Ric12string

He is now!

Just joined about 10 minutes ago. Nice meeting all of you at Cam's tribute.

Welcome to the GDP, Cal. I hope that you enjoy the time that you spend here.

Billy D. Light...thank you for not only hosting this celebration of Cam's life but also for being a heck of a nice guy! It was a pleasure and an honor to meet you and to do a couple of Chuck Berry tunes with you.

It was also fantastic (as always) to hang out with Crowbone (Thanks for the pizza), NJBob, Curt, Munman, BabaJoe, and Frequent Flyer 909.

Like Paul, I may just have to darken Billy's doorway some Wednesday night in the future!

Thanx!

That was a super nice thing to do, and I'm sorry I couldn't make it on Wednesday. Cameron will be very much missed.

Welcome! Great playing the other night. Hopefully Paul has talked you into going to the Balto-DC Roundup. See Happenings section.

Gonna have to do some serious negotiating to make it to the roundup. I was so excited talking to Paul about it, I actually forgot that the 31st is my wife's birthday. Do you guys do these things more than once per year?

Roundups pop up throughout the year. Ballo-DC is generally around the same time. NJ pops up occasionally. Others have their own approximate dates throughout the year and country. Ontario in May, etc. Anyone can start one up anytime.

Gonna have to do some serious negotiating to make it to the roundup. I was so excited talking to Paul about it, I actually forgot that the 31st is my wife's birthday. Do you guys do these things more than once per year?

– calve66

Friday, March 31 is the set-up evening, and maybe we'll have the real bands play then. It isn't the main party. The big event day is Saturday, April 1, and we'll have the majority of the jamming on that day (and the food and the giveaways and the dancing girls and...) . Treat the missus really right on her birthday, and maybe she won't mind you taking a road trip the next day.

Good to have you here, Cal!

Paul/FF909

Raw footage of the entire night. Please don't share publicly, just wanted those who weren't able to make it feel like they were.

– calve66

California Roundup is in September.

Is Pat, with the Stump-O-Matic, on the GDP? I don't believe that I recognize him.

Raw footage of the entire night. Please don't share publicly, just wanted those who weren't able to make it feel like they were.

– calve66

So to give background, what we did was set the camera up in the seat that Cameron always sat in. So what you're seeing is a "Cams eye" view of the wednesday open stage. He would sit there every wednesday and we'd goof off and he'd laugh at some of the silly stuff we'd do and I'd look over whenever I played a clam and he'd always smile because he heard every one. and there were many

Is Pat, with the Stump-O-Matic, on the GDP? I don't believe that I recognize him.

– Ric12string

No.

Pat's what you might call technically challenged.

He can text, but is one of those cats that breaks the internet everytime he goes on it.

I keep telling him he needs to upgrade, but he says he's really happy with Winows95.

He's definitely a Gretsch lover, though.

– calve66

In some relationships, you going away for the weekend is the perfect gift. ;)

Billy, does that make it the "Cam" cam?

Did Cam ever get up and play a few songs?

– BuddyHollywood

NO. He was a hell of a player too. He used to say "no one wants to see the old guy play guitar" I tried a bunch of times. I gave up. He was happy to hang, and be the sage man of mystery watching over it all.

Register Sign in to join the conversation