Gretsch Events

Gretsch TWANG-O-RAMA Celebration & Concert Event @ StreetSounds NYC

You see the strangest people at these events.

– CBell

"It's not unusual...."

Attempting to deploy self control...

– CBell

Actually, when I saw this posted the other day I assumed it had your name on it. Go for it!

I wish I could have made it today. Bet there were several nice ones available.

Let your wallet be your guide.

I know, I'm an enabler.

– crowbone

It's actually a new model, 6158. The 61 is Sterns wife birth year and 58 is his. It's a killer 14" hollow body based off the 130th Anni Jr model. It's calling me.

It's a beauty, Cam. Enjoy.

Thank you Deed, what I really want is the new DE model!

Thank you Deed, what I really want is the new DE model!

– CBell

The black version or the dreamy cream white one with the tortoise shell?

I think the white is actually pearl white and that is what I lean towards.

Ah, pearl white it is then. Glad it isn't going to be stark white. I wonder if they've considered the tort pickguard I wrote to Joe about? Sure would be a classy touch!

We were hoping to have them ready to display by this time, but it looks like it will be a while longer. It will be worth it.

Last year was a lot of fun at Rocky's Gretsch Day.

Oh what a feeling...

– CBell

Could this be a picture of Cam falling in love?

I was into this one, just to the right of CBell's photo. (Although not the idea that it was slightly relic'ed.) Fun at StreetSounds yesterday.

Could this be a picture of Cam falling in love?

– Bob Howard

Sure is! That's not one I bought but it is the one I'm trying to exercise self control over. A 14" hollow body, light as hell, just a master volume and felt perfect plus Stern was trying to talk me into it. Low break angle so easy to play.

I was into this one, just to the right of CBell's photo. (Although not the idea that it was slightly relic'ed.) Fun at StreetSounds yesterday.

– nielDa

Those triple pickup models are killer!!!

Rocky sure knows how to host an event eh?

A bit of an off year for GDP attendance but I'm really happy I made the trip. Over the top hospitality, talent, guitars and vibe. Cool to connect again with so many friends.

Had a blast!

First one I missed in a few years and am already looking forward to next time.

Sure is! That's not one I bought but it is the one I'm trying to exercise self control over. A 14" hollow body, light as hell, just a master volume and felt perfect plus Stern was trying to talk me into it. Low break angle so easy to play.

– CBell

I can't believe that you haven't already given in and upon seeing a picture of it a few days ago, honestly assumed that this was the one you were referring to when you said that one guitar was already sold. If it had a third pickup, no question in my mind that you would have walked away with your hands full.

I don't always easily part with over $7,000 on a guitar, especially if it would the second one of the day. I may have it sent back to Stern for some neck work first.

Attempting to deploy self control...

– CBell

What a beauty! Did it go home with you?

I would have been there but Baby Girl had a 103F temp. Looks like a blast.

No Grump, that's the one I'm lusting after. This is the one I bought. The leather on the sides and white top pickups were too much for me. Didn't have a scale there but I'd guess this comes in around 7 pounds.

Turns out it was 8.2 lbs.

I'm coming to visit someday Cameron. Your house is like Disney Land.

Come on up John.

Just found this video, it's from that day where Rocky and Steve Stern talked about the Custom Shop guitars.

Good video. Thanks. I was sorry I could not get there that day. Rocky has some good stuff.

Register Sign in to join the conversation