Gretsch Events

CANCELLED”Great White North Roundup May 2, 2020 Kingston Ontario C…

I've put pen to paper and laid my money down once again to rent the 416 Branch of the Royal Canadian Airforce Legion in Kingston Ontario Canada. This years Roundup will be taking place on May 2, 2020, a little earlier this year, and will run from 11 am until whenever. Many of the familiar faces will be in attendance, me being one of them and I'm sure there will be a bunch of new people coming out to the event too. As usual my Mom and Dad will be doing the cooking so there will be plenty of food as usual, hamburgers and hotdogs will be on the menu plus extras. There will be a PA system with drums and amps so I encourage them to be used. Admission will be $20 Canadian dollars for all that attend, will I have shirts this year? I'm not sure as of yet, the artwork is in the works and we will see how it transposes onto a shirt. I am going to make my best effort not to have a black t-shirt this year, that will be my goal if I do shirts this year. I'm sick of black t-shirts. Anyways if you have any questions, concerns or the odd request fire off an email to me and I'll be sure to get back to you. See you all in May Ryan

Way to keep up the tradition, Ryan! I have to get up there some day for one of these.

Way to keep up the tradition, Ryan! I have to get up there some day for one of these.

– Suprdave

Thanks Dave, you better make it soon I'm running out of steam! Just kidding it will keep going until I'm the only one showing up, then I'll be able to play my guitar as loud as I want.

Hey Ryan, I have been watching and waiting for this announcement. Rho and I will be there so let me know what we can do or bring.

Looking forward to seeing you and the regulars. Say hi to your Mom, Dad, Brother and Dan for me. (Tell your Dad we need to have a drink together!

Hey Ryan, I have been watching and waiting for this announcement. Rho and I will be there so let me know what we can do or bring.

Looking forward to seeing you and the regulars. Say hi to your Mom, Dad, Brother and Dan for me. (Tell your Dad we need to have a drink together!

– Razor

Excellent great to hear Pete, yes I think Rho can work the door and security will be handled by Dan as usual. They are a great team for me. I'm sure my Dad will take you up on that drink. This year I'll have both of my sons at the event too, they are getting old enough to put to work!

Yay! Hoping to make it again this year.

Yay! Hoping to make it again this year.

– redrocker

Yes Paul, I got room at the house for you to crash

Looking forward to it, as usual. Thanks for all the blood, sweat and tears, Ryan. Happy to help in any way.

Like it!

Hope to see all our American brothers and sisters there. Ryan throws a great bash.

Looks very cool, Ryan. Inklings of early Who with the arrows on the "R" and "U". White design on black shirt?

Looks very cool, Ryan. Inklings of early Who with the arrows on the "R" and "U". White design on black shirt?

– db62

I’m hoping that we can go a different colour not black. I’ve made that promise to myself not to make another black shirt for this Roundup

Jet with one F-hole. Cool.

Jet with one F-hole. Cool.

– NJBob

Does Gretsch actually make a jet with an f hole like that? I thought maybe a cats eye type

Does Gretsch actually make a jet with an f hole like that? I thought maybe a cats eye type

– Gretsch6123

Pre FMIC they had some bolt on neck Jets with an Fhole. And the 460 had the single cat eye.

I’m hoping that we can go a different colour not black. I’ve made that promise to myself not to make another black shirt for this Roundup

– Gretsch6123

Ryan - why not try to get an orange shirt with the graphics in black.

Ryan - why not try to get an orange shirt with the graphics in black.

– db62

You might be on to something.....

Yes you are Reading the edited title of this post correctly I am cancelling this event I will post tomorrow at the moment I’m pretty bummed about it but life goes on and I’m sure will all get together in the near future, thank you Ryan

Sad, but that is the right thing to do, Ryan.
Everything we read now is about cancelling public events and putting the safety of our Gretsch friends first is a priority.
Not to mention, given Joe's travel schedule, it's likely he wouldn't be able to travel up for it anyway. Unfortunate but definitely the responsible decision.
Appreciate all your work, Ryan, and will hopefully see everyone soon.

db62 says it all. You gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks Drew I appreciate it, it’s a hard one but I think it’s for the best and thanks Joe for reinforcing it  I regret to inform you that I will be cancelling this year Gretsch Guitar Roundup for 2020. With the uncertainty of this illness I cannot predict what will be happening on May 2. This is something that I believe is for the best at the present state we are in. I am truly sorry for anyone who has made plans to attend and would be travelling to the event. Let’s all stay in touch and perhaps when this crap sorts itself out we can get together and you can all bug me and say I overreacted.

Sad to hear, but smart move before you spend $$$ on something that's 'up in the air'.

I think in two weeks the draconian closings will be reassessed and reopening schedules will be announced. The world can't stop. People need to eat.

Tough call, but the right thing to do. Thanks for all you do to host this event Ryan, I'm sure we're all looking forward to the next get together.

Register Sign in to join the conversation