Gretsch Events

French Lick, Indiana: Too Classy for a Roundup?

Any takers for Nov 11-13 or Nov 18-20? For the moment, Mr Carducci is available either of those weekends...

Ok on all dates. I'll just wait until Y'All decide at which venue I've got to figure out where I'm hiding all the magic potions ya said were favorites. But, after the election, it's possible I'll be way northward bound if it goes off the rails.

Early November is best

Amy and I are good for the Nov. 11-13, but I already have a gig for Nov. 20, so that weekend is out for us.

I have a gig Nov. 11. The ONLY one I have in November.

But, my bass player is having a mental crisis this week, and already quit his other band. I fear we may be next. I don't know if I have it in me to break in another one. Ugggghhh.

French Lick is spendy, but I'd eat Ramen noodles for months just to have a few days with all the Gretschies.

If only some of Miss Phila's sweetnes had rubbed off on this guy... but it didn't.

Either weekend works for me. A November date makes me a little nervous (snow is a four-letter word and we often get dumped on early up in my little corner of PA) but I'll get there just the same.

At first glance, Fur Peace looks great.

Fur Peace

– NJBob

Aaahh... yeah... the place is bloody built for music.

On-site lodging for a maximum of 30, it appears, with nearby hotel alternatives.

Alcohol and drugs prohibited on-site. (Balto-DC has survived without them the last two years. Somehow. )

If it's affordable and available, it looks like a winner.

But does the location help or hurt? It looks like a better deal for us East Coasters, a few miles closer for Josh (by car), and possibly attractive to prospective attendees in, say, Ohio, Michigan, western Pennsylvania, and Canada. A stretch for folks who live south or west of Nashville.

Paul/FF909

Ok on all dates. I'll just wait until Y'All decide at which venue I've got to figure out where I'm hiding all the magic potions ya said were favorites. But, after the election, it's possible I'll be way northward bound if it goes off the rails.

– Olivia Anne

I did my househunting in Kingston, Ontario in early May, but it appears that I won't need to relocate.

Keep up the good work, Olivia Anne!

Paul/FF909

I did my househunting in Kingston, Ontario in early May, but it appears that I won't need to relocate.

Keep up the good work, Olivia Anne!

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

The exchange rate is very favorable for you......

But, my bass player is having a mental crisis this week, and already quit his other band. I fear we may be next. I don't know if I have it in me to break in another one. Ugggghhh. -- JBGretschGuy

Bass players are supposed to be the grounded ones. They are the ones who can toil outside of the limelight and who keep everybody else in the band sane. Something is amiss here.

Too bad that you don't live closer to me, JB. I would happily be your bass player.

Any takers for Nov 11-13 or Nov 18-20? For the moment, Mr Carducci is available either of those weekends...

– Proteus

Too close to Thanksgiving are my thoughts, and then there's the weather potentials???

Just thinking out loud.

Weather shouldn't be too much of an issue. Cold, but it still should be dry. It doesn't snow as much that far South. Up North by the Lake is a different story. South if Indy, it'll be late in Leaf Season--- it just won't be as colorful. Weekend traffic would mostly depend on where you're coming in from, and who's playing football in the state as well. Side roads will have people looking at leaves or for "antiques" at small town shops and yards sales. Traffic shouldn't be too much of a worry.

Tim, when did you move down to Jasper? Interesting small town.

– Proteus

I was a definite maybe at best before fwiw. These dates make me definitely out. Hope to see you folks next year.

But, my bass player is having a mental crisis this week, and already quit his other band. I fear we may be next. I don't know if I have it in me to break in another one. Ugggghhh. -- JBGretschGuy

Bass players are supposed to be the grounded ones. They are the ones who can toil outside of the limelight and who keep everybody else in the band sane. Something is amiss here.

Too bad that you don't live closer to me, JB. I would happily be your bass player.

– Ric12string

If I could make it, I would be proud to share the bass stage with you and Bob as well.

Tim, did Smokey Rise ever get back to you?

Fur Peace with no alcohol on the premises sound more like rehab than a Roundup. Paul, it might be ok for a 1 day Balto RU, but 3 days and no moonshine for the branding ain't right.

November may be OK for me, but too far out to commit with all of the travel I'm doing this year. At those prices, are the Lick reservations cancel-able if I were to commit now?

Thanks for your efforts, Tim.

Tim, for the likes of us, Story, IN or Bean Blossom might be more appropriate. French Lick really IS tres elegante'. Looking at the photos, I'd suspect that they have "rules" and such.

Such as?

– Proteus

Well, at a bare minimum, probably underwear mandatory for starters. Rules like that are such a drag.

Oh, I doubt they care about underwear. They might frown on nudity. (Certainly mine.)

Otherwise, it's southern Indiana. There's no dress code. There's no smoking inside, but that's state law. I think they'd tolerate minor instances of running in the halls. And they know to expect noise.

Oh, I doubt they care about underwear. They might frown on nudity. (Certainly mine.) -- Proteus

Oh yeah, we would all join in with them in frowning on your nudity. I mean, there do have to be some rules or we have complete anarchy.

Tim, I find the "double occupancy" phrase to be a bit unclear. Is this a per room, or per person price? (Really hoping it's per room)

Thanks for all the work you've done on this.

Per room!

Resort expects 2 people in a king (bed) room, up to 4 in a double-queen (bed) room. Rollaway beds are not available.

If we are all willing to stretch a bit, French Lick seems like a viable option, still. Hell, I'll sleep on the floor. Let's make it happen! Tim has gone to considerable effort, so we should think of that before we "armchair quarterback" the situation and make suggestions - unless we are willing to provide follow-through. I applaud Tim's dedication to making this happen for us!

Yep you're right JB lets make this happen!

This could be a new place!

Register Sign in to join the conversation