Gretsch Events

Exhibition of vintage Gretsch guitars opens Jan. 15th

The Country Music Hall of Fame Museum will host an exhibition of the Bachman-Gretsch collection of vintage Gretsch instruments from January through July in 2016.

The show opens on January 15th, and is comprised of 75 wonderful specimens of Gretsch guitars from the past.

For those who might be inclined to attend on the opening weekend there will be a program on Saturday the 16th which will provide additional context to the display itself. Hope some of the Nashville based GDP community can be there!

http://countrymusichalloffa...

thanks, Ed. will you be there ? I wish I could make it.

Yes Brent... I've been honored to have had a little involvement with this exhibition, and will be there for opening weekend!

Yes Brent... I've been honored to have had a little involvement with this exhibition, and will be there for opening weekend!

– kc_eddie_b

oh, man. now I really would like to make it. but if it's on a Saturday, I'll be working at my new part-time job at Home Depot. have fun, Ed. looking forward to your "play by play" reporting. speaking of which, will Tim(Proteus) be joining you there ?

Brent... details on the opening weekend festivities have been sketchy. I don't have visibility to who all is involved or will be in attendance yet. Fred and Dinah will of course be there, and I hope other inner-circle Gretsch devotees will be part of the celebration.

It looks like the exhibit will remain through July 31. That's good. I may get an opportunity to visit.

As a Hall Of Fame member I plan to be there, If not at the opening, then immediately thereafter. Got a buddy who is a local music writer, and I may be going with him to the opening.

I'm trying to figure out a quick trip to Nashville to see it. Glad to hear you are involved, Ed. Do you need special tickets to the event on the16th?

I think the activity on Sat. is just an open forum for attendees who are there at that time. No advance tix or anything, beyond the admission price for the museum that I'm aware of. You might wait until after the holidays and then give them a call to be sure.

I believe the exhibit opens on Friday, Jan 15. General admission.

Just an update for those who might be in a position to check out the festivities at the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum next weekend. Looks like we'll be doing a presentation and Q&A on both Friday and Saturday. Check with their website to confirm times.

http://countrymusichalloffa...

I would LOVE to see that, not in the cards I'm afraid

Ed, are you still planning to be there for the "Press Schmooz" on the Thurs. 14th?

TP... You can see the time/days I am presenting in the link above. There is a private reception on the 14th, but I am not aware of any other formal activity. I don't fly in until late in the afternoon so my time might be limited that day.

And it's just not guitar related unless there's the famous brick wall shot!

Good Luck, Ed. This is so cool.

TP... You can see the time/days I am presenting in the link above. There is a private reception on the 14th, but I am not aware of any other formal activity. I don't fly in until late in the afternoon so my time might be limited that day.

– kc_eddie_b

Yeah, I'll be at that. Wasn't sure when you were hitting town. Guess I'll have to go back again on Saturday to catch your spiel, though! However, the website doesn't list a time for Saturday-- only Friday. has a time for Saturday been fixed yet?

Looks like12:30 on the 15th, and 1:30 on the 16th. Be sure to say hi as I'll be floating around the exhibit much of the weekend.

Looks like12:30 on the 15th, and 1:30 on the 16th. Be sure to say hi as I'll be floating around the exhibit much of the weekend.

– kc_eddie_b

I'll be sure to do it--- you're kinda hard to miss in a crowd... and I don't mean that in a bad way.

Nice pic, Ed... I want to say that's a '58/'59 CC in your hands. Is there a twin to Curt's best-of-class?

Paul... It's actually my '62 Club. Shallow body with dial-up mutes. Great player... and more photogenic than I'll ever be.

Well this is pretty big for Gretsch and the CMHOF as well to you Ed,congratulations! I've been through the Hall at least a dozen times and have seen significant guitars/ instruments tied to artists but often wondered why no exhibit of the guitars and/or companies on their own.These were part of Randy's arsenal sure but this is a large scale collection that Gretsch now owns and it's cool to see them getting some spotlight on a large stage.

Just for closure... some pix from the successful Nashville event.

Register Sign in to join the conversation