Gretsch Events

Balto Roundup 2017––Already Set!

The 2017 Balto Roundup is set for March 31-April 1. We'll be at the Faith Community United Methodist Church basement for our third year. (I believe we've found a permanent home.)

This will be our eighth annual Roundup. Yes, Joe Carducci, and yes, Rocky Schiano from StreetsoundsNYC! And we're working on another "yes" or two.

Expect some wacky observation of the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love and the release of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Other cool things will happen, including hosting our first intercontinental attendee.

We're going all-out next year. Mark your calendars, and don't let your daughters get married that weekend.

Paul/FF909

Groovy Paul. I hope to make it. That's a great venue, nice room with a stage and plenty of parking plus, there's a Dunkin Donuts right next door!

If you have never attended a Balto Roundup you should. Paul is an outstanding host.

I won't ever miss a Balto Roundup! Always loads of fun and a chance to see some of my favorite people!

You know, I have some grandkids in Virginia. Maybe this would be an excellent time to visit them and head North for a day or two. Not intercontinental but transcontinental.

Groovy Paul. I hope to make it. That's a great venue, nice room with a stage and plenty of parking plus, there's a Dunkin Donuts right next door!

If you have never attended a Balto Roundup you should. Paul is an outstanding host.

– UncleGrumpy

I've never attended a Balto-DC Roundup (or any roundup for that matter), but as THE intercontinental attendee for the 2017 Balto-DC Roundup I can't wait to get there and experience the festivities.

I'm off to learn some Sgt Pepper songs and find me a costume.

Adam

If I'm living in DC by next year, which I hope I am, I have no excuse not to attend. I've been wanting to attend a roundup for years.

I almost attended the 2011 Northern California roundup, but work interfered. Same old story: when I have the time, I don't have the money; and when I have the money, I don't have the time. Blah. Blah.

It would be great to host so many long-time GDPers who would be (finally!) attending their first Roundup. I hope you all can make it.

Who else can we get for their rookie experience?

Paul/FF909

I'd like to go just to meet my fellow east coasters.

I've got it penciled it. This Veteren will be bring a rookie (fellow Gretsch 12-stringer) and perhaps my band.

Is it March yet? Only 205 days till it starts.

I'd like to go just to meet my fellow east coasters.

– Marctrain57

I hope you can finally attend. You've been such a long-time fixture on the GDP, and it would be great to meet you. You'll love the event, too!

Paul/FF909

Is it March yet? Only 205 days till it starts.

– Adsy81

Yeah, I need to get cracking on the planning.

Paul/FF909

Hope to make the road trip this year. Ryan? Mark? Derek?

2017 is shaping up to be the year to attend. It appears that we shall have a number of long-time GDPers who will be attending their first Roundup here. And I would really like it if some (more) of the Canadians who make sure I have a grand time at the Great White North Roundup every year would come down and let me return the favor.

PaulFF909

Register Sign in to join the conversation