Gretsch Events

Balto-DC Roundup 2017––Coming Up Soon

Oh, fun. Another great pin! My collection is starting to weigh down my Gretsch work shirt.

– Bob Howard

I have mine on a Gretsch lanyard now. It's like wearing a chain around my neck.

Paul/FF909

I was thinking a sash like a boy scout...or, Miss America.

I'm counting down the days. Less than 24 hours 'til I'm leaving on a jet plane for an exciting two weeks.

The highlight of the trip is the Roundup on the last weekend we are in the US. For those that are attending, I'm looking forward to meeting you in person.

Safe travels Adsy81! Looking forward to playing with you soon.

If you'd like to try out a new model (or any guitar Gretsch is offering right now) that you don't otherwise have access to, please let us know here. Rocky from Streetsounds NYC is happy to bring a few "people's choice" guitars, but he needs to know which to bring.

Adam, here's your chance!

Paul/FF909

Nothing really springs to mind, Paul. The only one I'd like to try isn't sold in America. It is the Chris Cheney signature model.

I'm about to jump on the flying kangaroo outta here, bound for LA.

Bump! AND if you do plan to attend, please let me know, even if you aren't in a position to pay in advance. Headcount for food, you know!

Let me know on this discussion thread, or via PM, the Facebook page for the event, or the Who's Going function at the event's Happenings page. Or e-mail me. Or call me. Something. Anything. I don't want people to starve. If you've already notified me by any method, then I've seen it and you're good.

Thanks!

Paul/FF909

Looking forward to playing surf again with David, Marc and Snorre! Looking forward to hearing other folks play as well. There's always a few performance surprises at these shin-digs.

And thanks again for hosting FF909!

I'm still in. I'm still down.

Looking forward to it!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

I'm sure I'm coming plus 1

I was trying to think of something to request that Rocky bring to the Roundup. The Pro Line guitars are awesome, but I'm pretty familiar with how they play, sound, and feel like. However, one model that has been a curiosity to me is the previous iteration of the G5622t CB w/three super HiLos and the cat's eyes. I would like to try one of those if he has any left.

I was trying to think of something to request that Rocky bring to the Roundup. The Pro Line guitars are awesome, but I'm pretty familiar with how they play, sound, and feel like. However, one model that has been a curiosity to me is the previous iteration of the G5622t CB w/three super HiLos and the cat's eyes. I would like to try one of those if he has any left.

– AndyJ

I'll give Rocky the word. I actually owned one of those for a while (a FSR lefty), and I thought it was a great, great-sounding guitar. I don't know why the Super Hilos haven't gained a large fan base. Very sweet-sounding.

Paul/FF909

I'll give Rocky the word. I actually owned one of those for a while (a FSR lefty), and I thought it was a great, great-sounding guitar. I don't know why the Super Hilos haven't gained a large fan base. Very sweet-sounding.

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

Gracias, Paul!

OK, here's what Rocky plans to bring down (so far):

New Broadkaster
5622T, per AndyJ's request
New acoustic
Some Custom Shop something or another

He can probably bring one or two more. If you want to put your hands on anything, please speak now!

Paul/FF909

Regretfully, I won't be able to attend the Roundup. Shannon has been traveling abroad a lot over the last two months, finally returning home just last evening. She has brought to my attention that she will only be back for two weeks before leaving again . . . I was aware she was leaving again, I just didn't do the math properly. Given short window, spending time with her is my number one priority.

Looks like I'll just have to meet you fellas at another time place!

OK, here's what Rocky plans to bring down (so far):

New Broadkaster
5622T, per AndyJ's request
New acoustic
Some Custom Shop something or another

He can probably bring one or two more. If you want to put your hands on anything, please speak now!

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

This!

I'm really looking forward to this party.

Andy J:

You could bring her to the Roundup. This ain't no He-Man Wummen Hater's Club, you know.

Most Significant Others do enjoy themselves, and you could scare up a few other things to do in Baltimore while you're here to balance the time with something more Shannon-centric. (It isn't hard to do, especially if you've never been here.)

Just a thought.

Paul/FF909

I'm really looking forward to this party.

– munman

Same here!

Andy J:

You could bring her to the Roundup. This ain't no He-Man Wummen Hater's Club, you know.

Most Significant Others do enjoy themselves, and you could scare up a few other things to do in Baltimore while you're here to balance the time with something more Shannon-centric. (It isn't hard to do, especially if you've never been here.)

Just a thought.

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

Hmm . . . I didn't even consider that. Thanks for the suggestion, Paul!

Hey Paul ! Well, finally was able to clear the calendar and looking forward to seeing everyone on April Fool's Day! I will have a certain "Gretsch-caster" buddy in tow.. !

I'm bringing at least one woman

Hmm . . . I didn't even consider that. Thanks for the suggestion, Paul!

– AndyJ

While very supportive of my guitar exploits and live music, other plans have been made.

Have a great Roundup!

Register Sign in to join the conversation