Gretsch Events

Balto-DC Roundup 2017––Coming Up Soon

Please check the Balto-DC Roundup 2017 listing in the Happenings section for updates in addition to this discussion thread. House bassist Joe Carey has posted there with some important house-bass-request suggestions.

Paul/FF909

As the date gets closer (less than four weeks... and you haven't paid your admission fee yet??), it's time to bump the thread with a photo of some of the Roundup goodies.

Yes, that is a box of moist towelettes.

Paul/FF909

And remember to add your name to the Balto-DC Roundup 2017 Happening event, not the Balto Roundup 2017. I'm looking forward to meeting all that attend.

Is that a Sgt Peppers drum head?

PayPal sent - driving up from NoVA for the day on Saturday. I'll bring my 6120....IF Guitar Center ever ships the case. If not, I may have to improvise.

Is that a Sgt Peppers drum head?

– Otter

Or guitar stool seat?

Drum head!

Dave, this will be your first Balto-DC Roundup, yes? It will be great to meet you. You'll have a blast.

Paul/FF909

Can't wait!

No Gretsches will be in tow, unfortunately, as I am Gretsch-less for the time being, but I will be bringing my NS Guild X-175B and Gibson J35.

Pat & I are paid.

See you in a few weeks.

I hope to attend

Yay, John and Pat! I hope Pat will be feeling up to playing this year.

Munman, I hope you can make it down this year.

Paul/FF909

Looking forward to playing with Adsy81 from Australia and a few of his song choices. It's kind of cool to meet up with Gretsch enthusiast from around the world and jam. It will be a mini, 3 song, "Aussie Invasion" set!

BTW - Adsy81, do you need to borrow a guitar? I have right-handed G6129BZ Silver Jet or a G6118-LTV 125th Annie you can play if you are not able to travel with a guitar.

Oh, we also have the "Usual Suspects" playing some new and inspiring surf tunes in a different set as well!

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

He's pumped up for this!

Plus, he's got a new addition to his family of Gretsch guitars to show off!

Someday I'm going to come up there to play with all the cool kids.

Paul/FF909

– Frequent Flyer 909

I hope to have a speical surprise.

– Suprdave

Sure ya will...

– Suprdave

That someday could very well be in 20 days. Just saying ....!

I do need to borrow a guitar or three while I'm over. The Annie sounds nice, Brian.

Come to think of it, I've never actually played a pro series aside from a minor tinkle every now and then in a music shop. I'm keen to try those that are available at the Roundup.

paul, count me plus one. looking good. I'm back from alaska and should be healed up enough to come

Great, munman! I'm glad you're healing up.

Adam, not only will you have a choice of Pro Series instruments, there may also be a Custom Shop piece or two in the house, as well.

The cloisonné pins arrived today. '50s-ish Country Club this year. As usual, my photo fails to do it justice. This one is spectacular.

If you came to the Roundup just to eat and get a pin, you'd get your money's worth right there.

Paul/FF909

– Suprdave

Dave, honestly, this is your kind of party. You would be so at home!

Paul/FF909

I was just looking at my collection of pins last night. She's a beauty, Paul!

Oh, fun. Another great pin! My collection is starting to weigh down my Gretsch work shirt.

– Suprdave

If you did, bet you wouldn't do it just once!

Register Sign in to join the conversation