Gretsch Events

May 15 underground RUV2

Saturday May 15 12 noon-? Underground Round Up V2 this Saturday. The amp, yes the raffle amp. $20.00 a ticket buy as many as you like. The value is over $1,000.00 and please know that 100% of the ticket money is going to the fine folks that own the barn who aren’t charging us anything. You have to be in attendance to win the amp, I’m thinking the drawing will be 6pm or so.

Here’s the amp, a link to his site and a note from Ethan Meyer the amp builder. http://cavevalleyamps.com/h...

This is a clone of a 60’s Gretsch 6156 amp that was made by Valco. Made from the last of the parts I amassed for a run of these, the transformers are made by the OEM supplier to Valco during that time period. Everything was fabricated just for these amps. Aluminum chassis, 3/4” pine cabinet, custom control panel designed by Vince Ray. The speaker is a vintage ‘65 Jensen C10Q.

The original G6156 ran a pair of 6973 power tubes, which RCA designed to run at high voltages for extended periods of time in cafe juke boxes. Very rugged tubes. They have since become scarce and expensive. Luckily, with a few tweaks (which I’ve done on this amp) you can run 6CZ5 or 6EM5 tubes. You can also run the new production EH 6973.

Well how cool is that? You folks have fun!

That is such a gorgeous build!! Ethan's builds are all unique and beautiful.

That is such a gorgeous build!! Ethan's builds are all unique and beautiful.

– JBGretschGuy

Yes it is.

I will bring my unique and beautiful Ethan creation to Underground2 to meet her sister.

Can't wait to hear them both !

Great googly-moogly! Killer!

I know this was an underground event but who won the amp raffle?

I know this was an underground event but who won the amp raffle?

– Suprdave

A couple of lovely young ladies were in attendance, but I didn't meet them that day. I don't think they are members here. One of the locals can probably elaborate.

Register Sign in to join the conversation