Gretsch Events

2021 Nashville Roundup

i'd consider it, but given the prevailing sentiment about me from a subset of potential attendees i don't think i'm welcome, and don't want to run that emotional gauntlet even with an artificially imposed calm. carry on.

Not sure how to respond to that other than all have always been welcome.

Mr. and Mrs. Hoot Owl will be there. We want to celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary with you all!

Mr. and Mrs. Hoot Owl will be there. We want to celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary with you all!

– Hoot Owl

A NUTHER Reason for C A K E!!!

Why isn't she nicknamed Mercy, for mercy' sake?

– Proteus

I'll let her tell you that story.

A NUTHER Reason for C A K E!!!

– Olivia Anne

Mais Oui!

Took a poll this weekend. Dylan and his wife Mercedes (Mer) are in. Bryan Ellis and his wife Laura are in. JR won't commit, but said he'll try. So, 6 from my tribe.

– fieldhdj

w00t !

Took a poll this weekend. Dylan and his wife Mercedes (Mer) are in. Bryan Ellis and his wife Laura are in. JR won't commit, but said he'll try. So, 6 from my tribe.

– fieldhdj

This is great news, Doug. I hope JR can make it too. He's a great utility player to have around on jams.

planning to go, no mRNA gene therapy for me though. Just Tartan Phantom's moonshine will do.

planning to go, no mRNA gene therapy for me though. Just Tartan Phantom's moonshine will do.

– TheNocturneBrain

We are green for go, my friend... the best internal antiseptic known to man. It kills more germs than Listerine.

We are green for go, my friend... the best internal antiseptic known to man. It kills more germs than Listerine.

– Tartan Phantom

Ok, I need in on this too

Ok, I need in on this too

– Bonedaddy

It'll be there for the connoisseur crowd if you wish to try it; cut to 130 proof cask strength as usual. This is straight corn, made in small batches-- no continuous still runs, so no woody/cardboard aftertaste, and no flavored training wheels. Most people opt to cut it a little further to taste with bottled water.

A word of warning... more than one roundup attendee has been snockered by it, including Kim Falcon several years back. Pacing is the key to enjoyment.

It'll be there for the connoisseur crowd if you wish to try it; cut to 130 proof cask strength as usual. This is straight corn, made in small batches-- no continuous still runs, so no woody/cardboard aftertaste, and no flavored training wheels. Most people opt to cut it a little further to taste with bottled water.

A word of warning... more than one roundup attendee has been snockered by it, including Kim Falcon several years back. Pacing is the key to enjoyment.

– Tartan Phantom

I had to have emergency gall bladder surgery 5 days after having it at midnight around the campfire.. I think incantations and spells may have been put on me in that holler for makin' fun of hippies and gold hardware.

– Tartan Phantom

Oh yes, i've seen seen that happen at the NorCal Roundup with Burch Palmer's hooch. Miss Falcon was quite tipsy. Sneaks up on you them whammo.

Geeze, I remember when the girls ate all of those Blackberries that had been soaked in it. They were trashed.

Enid was hilarious! "I'm so happy!" could be heard all over the compound.

I think incantations and spells may have been put on me in that holler for makin' fun of hippies and gold hardware.

well, given that we probably have more witches per capita than any other social group...

I will say that I am certainly in a spell over seeing my friends at these events. Bewitched by moonshine?

I will say that I am certainly in a spell over seeing my friends at these events. Bewitched by moonshine?

– Suprdave

Those Cookies were very "delicious" too, so I seen.

Yeah, that was supposed to be a WHITBSITB, kind of thing.

Lesson learned.

Perhaps the WHITBSITB rule needs to be emphasized.

Witches? To whom(s) refer you, Sir?

Those Cookies were very "delicious" too, so I seen.

– LA_Manny

Hmmm. Cookies you say? Now you're talking.

So I went ahead and confirmed with Carter.

See y'all in Nash-vegas.

Register Sign in to join the conversation