Gretsch Events

2021 Nashville Roundup

Hey Folks,

I don't need to go on about how terrible 2020 was and all that was involved to keep us home, make us ill or even worse, lose a loved one. 2021 is shaping up to look a bit better but that's a bit subjective because there are opinions all over about how we'll all feel by September. Self included. I'd love to say things will be back to normal but none of us are very sure what that is anymore either, right?

So here's what I want to do. I reached out to Carter to see when our cutoff is for reschedule. It was a few days ago but he is extending us the courtesy of another 30 days to verify.

I'd like to get a show of hands. I want everyone to feel as comfortable as they can at this years event. I'm not going to mandate anything nor will Carter but I have confidence all of us will be respectful of each other because I know you folks too well. My biggest concern is meal time but we can work that out at the event. AGAIN...I want everyone to feel as comfortable as they can and if meals need to be spread out or anyone wants to eat in another common area, that will be fine.

So what I need is a raise of hands as to whether or not you will attend if we move forward. If there are enough in agreement we will have another Nashville Roundup this year and if not, we'll wait one more year. Your opinions are welcome and important so feel free to give me your assessment and honesty of your thought's. I'm not requiring anyone to reveal whether or not you've been inoculated but you're free to share that as well, if you wish.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy. If we do this, it will be a blast as always. I just need feedback.

The date that we have set is September 16 - 19 2021

I can't imagine a worse way to plan the event for this year but this is the reality that we live in right now. Thanks for your participation in advance and please keep this thread reserved to those planning to attend.

edit...If you don't feel comfortable making your opinion public please feel free to email me dmiller at dpat dot com

Much love to all of you,

Dave

In. No concerns for me. Whatever I can do to help.

In, zero concerns, however I won't be vaccinated so if that concerns anyone I can sit it out.

I'm down to attend. Like Curt, I will not be taking the vaccine. If that's a deal breaker that's ok too.

I’m out. Already booked for that week.

Baba Joe, you'll be missed.

I am in —  yes, I am.

NJ Bob, so glad you can make it this year... just know that for missing our last one, you'll have to sing Jackson Five all weekend.

I am in —  yes, I am.

NJ Bob, so glad you can make it this year... just know that for missing our last one, you'll have to sing Jackson Five all weekend.

– redrocker

I was at the Cookie Monster roundup. Was there one since?

I'm vaccinated and will wear a lead-lined concrete flexo suit with mylarnian carbon-fibronated joints, re-breather, positive crankcase ventilation and integrated ionic xenon-argon purimaxifier, helmet with polarized double-pane perspex infilled with larks-tongues-in-aspic over 100% organic mask as shown.

That should suffice.

I'm vaccinated and will wear a lead-lined concrete flexo suit with mylarnian carbon-fibronated joints, re-breather, positive crankcase ventilation and integrated ionic xenon-argon purimaxifier, helmet with polarized double-pane perspex infilled with larks-tongues-in-aspic over 100% organic mask as shown.

That should suffice.

– Proteus

Nothing quite like organic lark's tongue in aspic to whet the appetite.

I'm going to try to make it. That time of year is typically very busy at work and difficult to plan for. Don't count on me if you need a quorum or whatever, but I'm putting it on my calendar.

For what it's worth I will be vaccinated. First shot next week!

Dave, you KNOW Amy and I will be there. We're both vaxxed already. Of course, we'll be staying offsite and commuting from home as usual.

I was at the Cookie Monster roundup. Was there one since?

– NJBob

My apologies - I thought somehow you missed somethnig, must have been another time.

Now look what I've started. Next thing you know, I'll have to sing Jackson Five.

My apologies - I thought somehow you missed somethnig, must have been another time.

Now look what I've started. Next thing you know, I'll have to sing Jackson Five.

– redrocker

By all means. Anything you want from their catalog.

We get our shots next week. Even if we couldn't it would not stop us from being there.
Dylan swears he is going to make it this year. I'm not betting the farm on it, but I'm "cautiously optimistic". Bryan and the rest of the tribe have yet to weigh in.

Off topic but what an amazing, meaningful and inspiring photo Supradave, thanks for sharing it! Cheers from Switzerland - another tiny part on that ball!

– redrocker

Just dress up as Janet.

Just dress up as Janet.

– NJBob

He looks more like Andrew than Janet...

If there’s any possible way we can be there we will be.

Looks like it’s gonna be a party.

That should suffice.

– Proteus

Me, too. Fully vaccinated. Will stay offsite.

Took a poll this weekend. Dylan and his wife Mercedes (Mer) are in. Bryan Ellis and his wife Laura are in. JR won't commit, but said he'll try. So, 6 from my tribe.

Why isn't she nicknamed Mercy, for mercy' sake?

Register Sign in to join the conversation