Gretsch Events

2020 Nashville Roundup Cancelled.

A burger on the grill sounds great Curt.

Twom, Since the virus started, I can't find Grippo's in boxes at all. Bags, yes...boxes,none. As soon as I do, I'll send you a box.

Bob, A shot of Moonshine shall be on order as well.

Paul, I hope you're recovering well.

Doug, congrats on a new position. Hope it goes well.

Yeah, virtual Roundups suck but so glad to see you folks chiming in. Keep em coming.

– Suprdave

Lest we forget...Cookies!

@Suprdave-Thanks for the offer Dave, but not necessary. You can buy Grippos in boxes from Amazon, BUT at $20 for a 1.5 pound box!

Yeah, don't do that, Twom. I'll get you taken care of when I discover who has boxes locally.

So I did have a burger last night. Tonight I will raise a shot of Moonshine to my brothers and sisters on the GDP!

Grabbed up a guitar and played a few chords. It just wasn't the same.

You folks have our heartstrings.

So I did have a burger last night. Tonight I will raise a shot of Moonshine to my brothers and sisters on the GDP!

Grabbed up a guitar and played a few chords. It just wasn't the same.

You folks have our heartstrings.

– Suprdave

I'm ready to go... great way to start the day! When will Proteus get here with his wall of sound?

I'm ready to go... great way to start the day! When will Proteus get here with his wall of sound?

– Tartan Phantom

And Thanks for showing me that most beautiful guitar. I'm missing that and you, the most persnickety hillbilly I know!

Can't wait until next year!

What, no Roundup? Here's how I feel about that.

If it's more humid in Tennessee than it is in southern Indiana right now, we'd've been underwater in the air this weekend. Not saying it's a good thing we're not rounding up, just looking for the sour in the grapes we're being deprived!

Acourse I miss y'all and our trademark brand of madness.

In these times it's good to hearken to St George of Beatle: all things must pass. I know that cuts every possible way, and for comfort it's about as good as "in 5 billion years what's left of the earth will be sucked into an expanding sun," but it's never wrong.

If it makes people feel any better, we're getting the remnants of Hurricane/Tropical Storm Laura throughout middle Tennessee both today and tomorrow... 1-2 inches of rainfall expected through Saturday night-- I'm currently under a flash-flood AND tornado watch until 5pm this evening.

Not much of a consolation, but It would make the bonfire darn near impossible.

Okay, well that just means I'm a piss poor planner. I'll have to admit I was happy seeing the temps were going to be down a bit this week but we don't need no stinkin' rain. Stay safe from those twisters though.

Just kidding. I can't plan mother nature.

Love the custom shop mask, Pro.

sigh.... I suppose that I'm going to have to eat all these barbecue beans by myself...

with that in mind, it's probably a good thing that we're all social distancing.

– Tartan Phantom

I love your beans; but, yes, probably good to stay a bit apart. This thread is really hurting my heart. I miss all of you so much, and your music, your sweet, sweet music, and just YOU.

For me, as I probably already have said somewhere, I've been alone in lockdown since total knee replacement on February 25. No Abbey Road on the River, no smaller local festivals, no London, no Friar Park, no Liverpool & International Beatleweek. If you are on Facebook, many of the bands which were scheduled to play the event have shared on the IBW site performances free to everyone. Otherwise, pretty sad pickins. So's how come there's no extra money. Mercifully, I've had steady client work even while in lockdown. Our courts are doing a good job of keeping us moving and keeping safe. I'll never again do five days a week 30 minute drive to my downtown office no matter what may come. My clients seem to love the burbs.

I'll start thinking of some fun cake for us in 2021 and a new libation to wash it down. Maybe that will be fun.

Love to each one of you. Olivia Anne

I think we're all feeling the pangs of social distressing. I know I am. Many cancelled gigs and that would be okay but take away my yearly Roundup? Them's fightin' words. I could use a few dozen hugs from my Gretsch Family.

2021 Could shape up to be an awesome roundup. Everything is changing so fast.

I think we're all feeling the pangs of social distressing. I know I am. Many cancelled gigs and that would be okay but take away my yearly Roundup? Them's fightin' words. I could use a few dozen hugs from my Gretsch Family.

2021 Could shape up to be an awesome roundup. Everything is changing so fast.

– Suprdave

I know that everything is confusing these days; but, I am sure that I saw Dave post a date for the Nashville Roundup 2021 and added it to my droid--then the calendar crashed. For the life of me, I cannot find the post. Do NOT tell me I dreamed it up--it's what's keeping me going, and the prospect of those beans. Please. Olivia Anne

post # 38 in this thread, Olivia.

....Our dates will be Sept. 16-19 2021.

I just got a Facebook message from Walt Richards asking when is the Nashville Roundup. I gave him the sad news. He said hoping for that after losing all his gigs has kept him going. I told him I was so happy he & Shari were hoping to join us and would be sure to let him know we need them whenever is "next time." We hope that is: Sept. 16-19 2021.

Silly stuff makes me sad--nothing changed at all except my focusing on this again because Walt asked, & it hurts again & still, doesn't it?

Nah, I'm beyond the sadness. What good does it do you? I'm looking forward to our next meeting with extra enthusiasm.

Deke, Rachel, Greg, (hopefully) Sammy, (possibly) Walt and Shari now, plus everyone else who we considered "regulars" but are just as treasured as the not so steady attendees will be there. Can't wait to see all you guys, make some noise, and leave this shit sandwich of a year in the long forgotten past.

Register Sign in to join the conversation