Gretsch Events

2020 California Gold Rush Roundup Is Cancelled

I regret to announce that the 2020 California Gold Rush Roundup is cancelled. The foremost reasons are that public health authorities are still advising against gathering in groups as large as we have at the Roundup. I don't believe that that will change appreciably between now and September. I also believe that, notwithstanding the gradual easing of the stay-at-home orders, many will be understandably concerned about attending the event which will probably result in far decreased attendance. As a consequence, I would stand to personally lose thousands of dollars that I have at risk with the event.

Instead, let's plan for a great Roundup next year when, hopefully, the public health risks will have been mitigated. Mark September 10-12, 2021 on your calendar right now so that you don't plan any gigs or vacations at that time and let's meet then to celebrate our friendships which have been interrupted this year due to the public health situation.

disappointing, yet totally understandable. Looking forward to seeing everyone in 2021!

Agreed! Not surprising, yet still disappointed. I'll miss hanging out with old (and new!) friends.

It’s the only responsible decision you could make. I will do my darndest to get to the 2021 event.

A sign of the times. You had to do what you had to do and joined the Great White North Round Up and Nashville in an unavoidable situation. Gretsch Day at Street Sounds is usually around this time but I haven’t seen any mention and assume that it also was shelved due to restrictions.

Suprdave’s pic regarding Nashville pretty much sums up the year as far as getting together.

A sign of the times. You had to do what you had to do and joined the Great White North Round Up and Nashville in an unavoidable situation. Gretsch Day at Street Sounds is usually around this time but I haven’t seen any mention and assume that it also was shelved due to restrictions.

Suprdave’s pic regarding Nashville pretty much sums up the year as far as getting together.

– Baba Joe

Yes, Gretsch Day at Street Sounds, which by the way would of been this coming Saturday, was indeed canceled due to the pandemic situation.

I was looking forward to this years Nor Cal Roundup and was getting mentally ready for that 8 hour drive , too bad its not going to happen. On the bright side, I wont have to listen to any Eagles songs!!

(its a Joke!)

Logical decision, but still a bummer.

I sure hope we get this thing under control so we can get back to some semblance of normal soon.

I sure hope we get this thing under control so we can get back to some semblance of normal soon.

– Powertronman

Something interesting is happening because it's not acting as anticipated. Here in NJ we are only second to New York. We've lost over 11,000 humans. Most of the hot spots are up north where it's densely populated. I have customers that are epidemiologists and virologists who say without hesitation that anything short of a properly fitted N95 or above is just playing dress up. Assuming that's correct then the numbers of people being admitted shouldn't be in free fall which they are. Memorial Day produced large crowds the majority not wearing any mask so if we factor in a 2-14 day incubation then we should be showing an uptick, we're not. NJ is #1 in testing, between 20 and 30K a day with a 2% positivity rate. Long story short I'm thinking the virus is mutating downwardly and this might all be behind us by October.

It sucks having to cancel but it's a sound decision. I'm still hoping to host Grump Fest if things are better before September. The hospital where my wife works is seeing a drastic drop in the number of covid patients.

Something interesting is happening because it's not acting as anticipated. Here in NJ we are only second to New York. We've lost over 11,000 humans. Most of the hot spots are up north where it's densely populated. I have customers that are epidemiologists and virologists who say without hesitation that anything short of a properly fitted N95 or above is just playing dress up. Assuming that's correct then the numbers of people being admitted shouldn't be in free fall which they are. Memorial Day produced large crowds the majority not wearing any mask so if we factor in a 2-14 day incubation then we should be showing an uptick, we're not. NJ is #1 in testing, between 20 and 30K a day with a 2% positivity rate. Long story short I'm thinking the virus is mutating downwardly and this might all be behind us by October.

– Curt Wilson

I hope you're right, Curt. Even if the bug itself is much less prevalent by October, my hunch is it will take many months more before society starts looking and acting as it did previously --- if that's even possible.

I missed the last NorCal Roundup and told myself I'd never do that again. It's literally and figuratively the most fun I have all year!

So I'm already excited about 2021!! Woo Hoo!

I keep waiting for this guy to show up.

Bumping this thread so that people who might not have otherwise seen it will do so.

Just read,

So Sorry, but I'm not surprised either ,,

I was just thinking about that ,,,

It will be missed in my book, for sure, and, being my highlight' toward the end of the year, beautiful time, beautiful place, other ,, but, understandable, considering the way things are now, and, the possibility of a second wave around that time, etc. ,,,but, I am, so, looking forward to when it will resume.

Maybe can can have a Mini Roundup somewhere around that time, if things look better?, , like, what we did a few years ago with Carla and Joe near their neck of the woods, or, like what we did over in Alameda a few years back ,,, Just a thought?

Miss all you, Peeps', too, For Sure! ,,,

*Yes, It sure has been a very strange weird year for sure! ,, "Who would have thought that on NY Eve, Dec. 31, 2019, that things would have turned out the way they did when we were all singing , "Auld Lang Syne", and, saying good riddance to 2019 and Welcoming in the New Year 2020!?"

All my gigs and other got cancelled too this year too,,,

"Hugs"!, to All ,,, and, Stay Safe' ,,, ")

Register Sign in to join the conversation