Gretsch Amps

Y’all Are Just A Bunch Of Lousy Enablers

Evan, Eman, Ivan, Ian, Isma, Ethel. I’ve been called every iteration you can think of. Cracks me up every time.

Proteus called it. I cannot enjoy this picture until it is re-symmetri-cised.

Please re-post a better picture if you wish a better reaction.

— One of your Enablers

sez Rickity:

I sent Proteus an email alerting him to it but, when I didn't hear from him...

For the record, I had emailed the seller shortly after El Roberto posted the PSA, not realizing I had to check in with RickyBob first. I shouldnta bought the amp, but I bet I might've.

I didn't hear back from the seller for several days, when he informed me what I already knew - that Herr Counselor had indulgently indulged himself in (as we see) a duplicate of that in which he already sonically luxuriated!

And just because he was closer to the seller, and could go pick it up, blah blah blah. Twivialities. I was dun in by twivialities of geogwaphy.

But that's OK - he's just taking care of it for me. Someday, see.

Evan, Eman, Ivan, Ian, Isma, Ethel. I’ve been called every iteration you can think of. Cracks me up every time.

– Powdog

Ethan, I am so sorry. I knew better than that. I was just rushing. Besides, I like the name Evan. I almost named my son that.

That is true, Proteus. The seller did not want to ship the amplifier. One of our own, RocketBrewMan, in Southern California, was also interested in it, but the seller didn't want to ship it.

Geography has worked well for me twice within the last week.

I also made an offer for the amp, but the seller didn't want to ship so SoCal. Congrats glutton! ...from the guy who has 0 Victoria 6163 Executives! Just kidding. Nice buy!

Thanks, Craig. I truly do believe that it all came down to geography.

By the way, it turns out that the seller and I know many people in common. He is a bailiff in the local court system (but in a different department of the courts than I usually appear) and I am going to be trying a case down there where he works next month. So, I am sure that I will be bumping into him occasionally in the coming months.

I also intend to invite him to our California Roundup. He is a good player and he expressed some interest in joining us.

Bob, is there a count of how many 6163 Executives were made this time?

Great Amps Bob!

You can start yourself another Band called, The Executive's.

Bob, is there a count of how many 6163 Executives were made this time?

– Don Birchett

That question Don, along with the years they were made is what I want to know, and I imagine several folks around here as well. Because all 3 models pop up so infrequently, I have to imagine the number produced is fairly small, compared to anything from Fender with possibly a few exceptions like say the Viking and the '65 Twin Custom 15.

The Viking?

– Don Birchett

Sorry, it was late and dyslexia with the first letter V's apparently set in and I called it the Viking instead of the Variety. My bad!

Don, here is a Gretsch Viking.

– Ric12string

I knew about those Vikings. Just didn't think that was what he meant.

Register Sign in to join the conversation