Gretsch Amps

Y’all Are Just A Bunch Of Lousy Enablers

Thunderball would be proud, Parabar.

Congrats Bob!

But my back hurts just think about hauling these around!

Now,all ya need is a stereo 6120 CGP!

Congrats Bob!

But my back hurts just think about hauling these around!

Now,all ya need is a stereo 6120 CGP!

– JCHiggy

No, you actually have to be able to play guitar before they will sell you one of those. They don't want to tarnish the CGP designation with a guy like me.

Aye ,same here Bob,CGP would stand for Crap Guitar Player if i was playing it!

It just dawned on me that your thread title says 'Lousy Enablers', when in fact, the level of enable-osityness here seems to actually be top notch. It DID work, didn't it? And rather quickly.....

No, Tom. As I posted the original thread, I did so with some misgivings because I thought to myself that I would benefit from having a second Executive amp. I sent Proteus an email alerting him to it but, when I didn't hear from him, I went ahead and contacted the seller. The encouragement of people on this site, however, didn't hurt.

My post was meant completely in jest. Congrats on the score.

Congratulations, Bob - the sound must be epic!

Huh huh huh, he said "I can always tell from behind."

My post was meant completely in jest. Congrats on the score.

– beatbyrd

It was taken that way, amigo.

You need to come to the Roundup this year. I have missed seeing you, aside from brief encounters at NAMM. C'mon, we can make it happen.

Ric12string said "Y’all Are Just A Bunch Of Lousy Enablers. " Who enabled him and how do I get enabled? I'll provide a nice home and be very caring. Anyway, that's a sweet triad of Gretsches. Enjoy.

Now you need a second Rickenbacker 12 string to go with the second amp. See how helpful we are?

Now you need a second Rickenbacker 12 string to go with the second amp. See how helpful we are?

– Don Birchett

No, no, no!!! Stop it. I need nothing. My actual needs were satiated quite some time ago and for some years now I have been buying gear merely because I wanted it, rather than had a desperate need for it.

Now, the only exception to that is that I would like to have a better D-28 than I have. I played Powertronman's Mark Knopfler Signature Model D-28 and it was amazing. Like the proverbial cannon going off. Played effortlessly. Then, the other day, I stopped by my friend Johnnie's (many of you know him from the California Roundup) house and he had a HD28 that was the same thing. Very easy to play, and loud, loud, loud. It confirmed to me that, if I had a need, it would be for a new D-28. Then, again, I took my new-to-me G6022C Rancher out on a gig on Saturday and it performed flawlessly. So, maybe I don't need a new Martin.

Well two amps are better than one sooooo....ya gonna chain these beasts together and let it rip?!? :)

BOB!!!!!

You’re my hero!

Gorgeous pic too. (Hey, what’s up with all those screws? )

– tubwompus

Well at least both have the screws so there's the symmetry Bob is looking for.

By the way, some of you may have noted that the Gretsch logo is different on these two amps. The white one just looks plain goofy to me because the gold logo brings out the gold piping around the face of the amp, and gold goes better with the burgundy color than the white. So, I put in a call to Victoria amps and, sure enough, they had a gold one to sell me. Now, I won't be able to tell them apart, as if that is important. They do have different tubes in them, so I can always tell from behind.

– Ric12string

I'm siding with you Bob regarding the while logo. Mount it somewhere else, like say the mantle. For the record, mine has no screws and the gold logo.

Glad you picked up this 'extra' Exec Bob. Should I be sorry I made the suggestion for you to buy it?

Well at least both have the screws so there's the symmetry Bob is looking for.

– Windsordave

Wrong, Dave. That is the symmetry that Proteus was looking for.

Glad you picked up this 'extra' Exec Bob. Should I be sorry I made the suggestion for you to buy it? -- Windsordave

Not at all. It played no role in my decision.

Indeed, they are separate issues. I would love to rid myself of both issues. Are you game? Maybe I can get a quantity discount now.

Dan, I have needed meetings of one sort or the other my entire life!

– Ric12string

Meetings? Oh.....you mean like Gretsch confluences, jams, and such like? Those kind of meetings?

demo vid of you sitting cross legged between both these sweet Victoria amps!

That's one rig I'd love to hear.

Guitar to an A/B box, one signal clean to amp1 and a delay of about 800ms to amp2. About 12 feet apart. Epic!

I just got me a Rancher too, Bob. Had to go with the dreadnaught over the jumbo. Just couldn’t wrangle it sitting down.

Out of curiosity, can you hear a big difference between the two? You mentioned different tubes.

Evan [Ethan], I have not had an opportunity to A/B them at all. My life is a bit of a whirlwind at this moment in time, so it may be a little while before I have the chance to set things up and do that.

My first amp has the Groove Tubes while the new one has Tungsols.

Register Sign in to join the conversation