Gretsch Amps

Y’all Are Just A Bunch Of Lousy Enablers

Now you can finally live up to your screen name and try Ric-o-Sound.

Also, the photo is not as symmetrical as it should be. You gotta lose the vase of fahr-startin' sticks behind the left Exec and get the guitar centered up on the fireplace door.

And gosh c'mon, raise the Bigsby handle!

I know, I know, but those who live their lives enslaved to symmetry most often die miserably unhappy.

Not if they've arranged themselves centered on the bed, toes straight, arms folded neatly across the midsection, looking upward and saying "That was easy."

Does the new one have the same popping issue?

Yessir. And the pulsing tremolo. Can you fix those for me? GaryE laid out what FMIC says the fix is.

WOW!! VERY nice, Ric12string!

However -- I DO think you need to go to meetings........

The pulsing tick and the footswitch pop are two different issues. Shielding stops the tick, same with DR optoisolator type tremolos.

Indeed, they are separate issues. I would love to rid myself of both issues. Are you game? Maybe I can get a quantity discount now.

Dan, I have needed meetings of one sort or the other my entire life!

Well, you definitely need a roadie now! But oh what sound.

Well, you definitely need a roadie now! But oh what sound.

– Don Birchett

What? Are you offering? Thanks, Don.

BOB!!!!!

You’re my hero!

Gorgeous pic too. (Hey, what’s up with all those screws? )

Do you even use that fireplace?

Do you even use that fireplace?

– crowbone

We used to use it as our primary creating source, John. But, I have grown lazy in recent years and use the furnace now.

What? Are you offering? Thanks, Don.

– Ric12string

Not with this back.

WOW!! VERY nice, Ric12string!

However -- I DO think you need to go to meetings........

– senojnad

He does go to meetings. It’s called the GDP - the best group of enablers around. Congrats to those who supported/encouraged this purchase. And, oh yeah, congrats to Ric for buying it but please do correct the Bigsby for any additional pics. You’ve had a productive week.

I dont see the dog painting (enhancement) and for the record, fantasic enablers.

I dont see the dog painting (enhancement) and for the record, fantasic enablers.

Different room, Dave.

Time for an Intervention?

– Twangmeisternyc

Don't be silly.

Whoa man,you’re on a roll here !!! Good on ya and enjoy....that does seem to balance everything out there

By the way, some of you may have noted that the Gretsch logo is different on these two amps. The white one just looks plain goofy to me because the gold logo brings out the gold piping around the face of the amp, and gold goes better with the burgundy color than the white. So, I put in a call to Victoria amps and, sure enough, they had a gold one to sell me. Now, I won't be able to tell them apart, as if that is important. They do have different tubes in them, so I can always tell from behind.

Huh-huh huh-huh ... he said "gold piping!"

Register Sign in to join the conversation