Gretsch Amps

Weird ‘50’s Gretsch Stereo Amp PSA — Again

I doubt that there were too many of these to begin with. Just adds to the rarity.

– wabash slim

I don't doubt they're rare. But it was a standard catalog item for at least four years, during which time Gretsch was pushing the stereo thing pretty hard, so you can bet there were a whole lot more than four of them made. And "known to exist" is an utterly meaningless metric, which was really the curmudgeonly point I was getting at.

I don't doubt they're rare. But it was a standard catalog item for at least four years, during which time Gretsch was pushing the stereo thing pretty hard, so you can bet there were a whole lot more than four of them made. And "known to exist" is an utterly meaningless metric, which was really the curmudgeonly point I was getting at.

– Afire

I've only seen them listed in the 1961 catalog, what other years have you seen them advertised in ?

Introduced in 1958, announced with its own flier (not sure whether there was a full catalog in '58), and it's in both the '59 and '61 catalogs.

Introduced in 1958, announced with its own flier (not sure whether there was a full catalog in '58), and it's in both the '59 and '61 catalogs.

– Afire

Are these different catalogs than the ones posted on this site? I don't see any amps (or at least not the Stereo King) in those catalogs, was it an "amp specific" catalog? Link ?

They aren't in amp sections. They have a page in each for the stereo guitars and amp rig.

Register Sign in to join the conversation