Gretsch Amps

New Amp Day

I found this beauty on Craig's List locally. It is beautiful and in immaculate condition. I haven't found a scratch anywhere (I haven't looked on the bottom of the amp yet). Tone for ages and yes, that is a JBL D-130 peeking out through the grill. Oh man this sucker is heavy. The first thing I did was to order a set of casters. The second thing will probably be to order a truss.

I have only played it at the sellers house so far but everyone's description is spot on. It does have the 3D quality that makes the sound envelope you.

I took the Power'Tron'd Guild along with me to test it out and man did it sound great! The seller fell in love with the guitar. I had asked him about trades before and he said that he needed the money. Then after playing the Guild, he wanted to trade for it.

Anyway, count me as one happy Executive owner ... with a sore back.

nice combo!! double G's

enjoy

cheers

Fantastic acquisition, Don. You won't regret that one!

I'll echo everyone's remarks, Don. You've got one of the finest amps produced since the millennium. Awhile back I asked here for suggestions for a full sounding amp for playing only clean and Ric suggested the Exec. Didn't get a chance to play through one based on what I read and lots of suggestions I found one back east and got it and my sister shipped it to me and it's just perfect. Hell of sound from that 15" Eminence Legend. Now about being heavy, it's only 50 lbs so it's not like a twin or an early Traynor that'll top 70 lbs. I find it's size a bit more unwieldy than the actual weight but I forget about that when I plug it in at nice quiet gig and that great Gretsch sound fills every corner! Folks comment favorably on it too! It also has a nice throwback retro look to it.

What guitars are you going to play through it? Hint.....this amp really loves Gretsch guitars!

Congrats on that beautiful amp.

I'll echo everyone's remarks, Don. You've got one of the finest amps produced since the millennium. Awhile back I asked here for suggestions for a full sounding amp for playing only clean and Ric suggested the Exec. Didn't get a chance to play through one based on what I read and lots of suggestions I found one back east and got it and my sister shipped it to me and it's just perfect. Hell of sound from that 15" Eminence Legend. Now about being heavy, it's only 50 lbs so it's not like a twin or an early Traynor that'll top 70 lbs. I find it's size a bit more unwieldy than the actual weight but I forget about that when I plug it in at nice quiet gig and that great Gretsch sound fills every corner! Folks comment favorably on it too! It also has a nice throwback retro look to it.

What guitars are you going to play through it? Hint.....this amp really loves Gretsch guitars!

– Windsordave

The only guitar that I have played through it so far is the Guild with TV Jones Power'Trons. It sounds lucious. Right now the three that are out are the Guild, a G&K ASAT Semi Deluxe that has some p90-ish pickups in it and the Electromatic 12 string. Haven't gotten to the other two but I am sure they will be fine.

It'll bring out the best in anything you put through it. I'll bet you're impressed when you hear the 12. The mid control and a touch of reberb will really bring it to life.

It SOUNDS like you got a fabulous amp, Don. The photo does not show up -- one of those "photo not found" messages.

In any case -- ENJOY!

Yup. Wheels are your friends. Great amp!

It SOUNDS like you got a fabulous amp, Don. The photo does not show up -- one of those "photo not found" messages.

In any case -- ENJOY!

– senojnad

Corrected. I moved it within Photobucket and the link didn't follow it. Don't know why I though it would but I checked after I moved it, refreshed the post and it still showed up so I thought it was good. Oh well, it's back now.

Congratulations Don. I assume that the Guild did come back home with you?

Congrats. That amp's on the wish list.

Congratulations Don. I assume that the Guild did come back home with you?

– JW

Oh yeah. I offered a Tele, a Vibroverb (63) Reissue and/or a Musicman 210-65. He wasn't interested in any of those but when he played my Guild through his, er my, amp he decided he really wanted the Guild. I think he's going to start looking for one. He really liked the TV Jones pickups in it as well.

The photo "issue" is fixed.

In a word...... WOW!!!!!

Register Sign in to join the conversation