Gretsch Amps

NAD Executive has arrived.

Exec on the left, of course.

Next to the Playboy, thanks to Ruger 9’s PSA.

And with that, I’m DONE!

Famous last words.

Famous last words.

– Powdog

Lmao!

Really am, though. Nothing else I want, except to sound better through ‘em.

What are you going to play through them....to give us my requested/awaited A/B?

I do notice something, neither here nor there really, with your Exec. It has screws on the front that are not present on the Playboy......and not on my Exec. Wonder why?

What say you others with one of these amps?

What are you going to play through them....to give us my requested/awaited A/B?

I do notice something, neither here nor there really, with your Exec. It has screws on the front that are not present on the Playboy......and not on my Exec. Wonder why?

What say you others with one of these amps?

– Windsordave

I noticed the screws too! I held my breath and googled up some images. There are pics with screws and pics without.

To A/B them, I’ve been playing, “All Smiles” by Utopia so far, but only on my Peerless kinda-sorta ES-5 knockoff, just coz it was still in a stand when I was recording earlier.

Time to uncase the Gent.

My Executive has the screws showing as well. Dave, maybe you have the "set in" model.

As an expert cabinetmaker, I always wondered why Mark Baier allowed the use of visible screws on these amps. Lots of ways to hide them.

With or without, really beautiful amps.

I didn't know till I saw this tubwompus just received, that there were some of these even had screws! Not a real big deal but certainly not the look I'd think you'd want for a boutique amp. To me it;s akin to some Gretsch acoustics that have the pickguard screwed down when the common practice is to glue them so screws don't show. But I agree, with or without they're a hell of great amp!

I guess my amp drew the long straw Don!

Register Sign in to join the conversation