Gretsch Amps

My Gretsch amps

earlier this year I ran across a Gretsch 6152T amp in very good original condition on C/L A month ago I come across a Gretsch 6159 Bass Amp on a K-Bid auction site. I was looking for an amp I could learn amp repair on so I bid $300.00 and let it ride. Lo and behold I win the auction. With old Sylvania tubes, Gretsch knobs and a pair of Jensen C12RS speakers how could I go wrong! After installing new electrolytic caps and cleaning the pots and tube sockets viola it works great, even the tremolo! Now I have a pair of mid 1960"s Gretsch amps. these amps were built by Valco and have their own tone completely unlike my Fender, Ampeg, Mesa and other amps. So my wife asks me why I don't have any Gretsch guitars. I don't have a good answer for that one! Thanks john

Please excuse my punctuation, thanks for spell check anyway. And the speakers are C12PS. No edit button?

Sounds like your wife is suggesting you get a Gretsch guitar to go with those great amps. Wise woman you married.

Nice score. Always fun to buy an old amp for peanuts and it turns out to be a gem.

$300 to learn a new skill and get an amp at the same time? Looks like you came out on top of that deal big time.

I had a Caddy green Duo Jet for a short while. I bought it from GC but it had a twisted neck so it went back. I had it long enough to know I want a set of de Armond on my next guitar. Either a Country Club or a Duo Jet. As you can tell my wife is not going to stop me! Thanks John

Great illustration information. I thank you for that. Without a doubt, it will be very helpful for my future projects. I want to see some other articles of the same topic! directions

earlier this year I ran across a Gretsch 6152T amp in very good original condition on C/L A month ago I come across a Gretsch 6159 Bass Amp on a K-Bid auction site. I was looking for an amp I could learn amp repair on so I bid $300.00 and let it ride. Lo and behold I win the auction. With old Sylvania tubes, Gretsch knobs and a pair of Jensen C12RS speakers how could I go wrong! After installing new electrolytic caps and cleaning the pots and tube sockets viola it works great, even the tremolo! Now I have a pair of mid 1960"s Gretsch amps. these amps were built by Valco and have their own tone completely unlike my Fender, Ampeg, Mesa and other amps. So my wife asks me why I don't have any Gretsch guitars. I don't have a good answer for that one! Thanks john

– powerwagonjohn

Listen to your wife....she makes a good point.

Register Sign in to join the conversation