Gretsch Amps

Just a PSA, no dog in this hunt.

Gretsch / Victoria Playboy Guitar Amplifier - G6156

No link?

– Bob Howard

I tried to post a link but what’s on the initial post is all that showed up when I copied it to my post.

So I took a screenshot of the Reverb page and tried to post that, but I got a “500 internal server error” every time I tried to post it.

My thanks to Mark Nason for being him what was able to post the actual link.

I tried to post a link but what’s on the initial post is all that showed up when I copied it to my post.

So I took a screenshot of the Reverb page and tried to post that, but I got a “500 internal server error” every time I tried to post it.

My thanks to Mark Nason for being him what was able to post the actual link.

– tubwompus

At least you don’t put White-Out on your screen anymore.

I may be totally wrong, but it looks a little pricey for a Playboy model. I've seen the Variety model bring that much, and it's a substantially larger amp.

Just my opinion... don't get me wrong, all three models (Playboy, Executive, Variety) are great, well-built amps... personally I think the Executive is the cream of the crop.

My opinion too Phantom. $1,300 to $1,500 about right for that amp. Maybe less in the current climate.

My opinion too Phantom. $1,300 to $1,500 about right for that amp. Maybe less in the current climate.

– Yavapai

I agree. An Exec a bit more than your range.

At least you don’t put White-Out on your screen anymore.

– NJBob

Right!...[ahem]...as far as you know.

I hope there’s a dust cover on the one in Spain that’s STILL on Reverb for $1000 more. Otherwise, gonna be a lotta cobwebs to clean off ‘er whenever she DOES sell.

Did Victoria make these? If one model has a 15 then they were on to something good.

Did Victoria make these? If one model has a 15 then they were on to something good.

– DCBirdMan

The Executive was based on being a Deluxe with a 15 and yes, they’re wonderful amps IMO.

The Playboy is a hand wired Blues Jr in a really nice cab. It smokes a PCB Blues Jr, but ouch.

The Playboy is a hand wired Blues Jr in a really nice cab. It smokes a PCB Blues Jr, but ouch.

– Powdog

Has it actually been established it's a Blues Junior? Because I owned a BJ, and played a Playboy.... and it's not even close. The Playboy SMOKES. It's one of my bucket list amps. The BJ is NOT.

Register Sign in to join the conversation