Gretsch Amps

Gretsch Round Up Restoration

Complete cosmetic and electronic restoration. Purchased on eBay several years ago.

Very nice. Love the handle.

Cool! Do you have any before and during photos? We are suckers for project progress photos.

Very nice. Who did the restoration?

Very nice. Love the handle.

– Suprdave

I understand its the original handle copper plated.

Cool! Do you have any before and during photos? We are suckers for project progress photos.

– AndyJ

Unfortunately no, the cosmetics were all done by the eBay seller before I bought it. He was going through a divorce and couldn't afford to have the electronics repaired. I had my tech check it out and replace anything that needed replacing. He also put in a new speaker. The tweeter had been disconnected but worked fine after it was reconnected.

Very nice. Who did the restoration?

– Powdog

The cosmetics were all done before I got it. The seller did not tell me who did the work. The leather trim, the grill cloth and the tolex were replaced. The belt buckle and the small serial number plate were cleaned and reused. The handle was cleaned and copper plated. The electronics were done by a former Western Electric engineer who did all my repairs. It was difficult to find a schematic (most were lost when the Gretsch plant in Arkansas burned). The amp is unusual in that the tremelo won't work without a foot pedal.

GDPer Jim S. aka silverjet may have done that resto.

– Setzer

Does silverjet have a web page? What makes you think he might have done the restoration? Wouldn't he have done the electronics too?

– Setzer

Can you tell me why you think that and who he is?

Jim Selvaggio's old amp.

I built that amp. Glad you love it. Working on another.

This one will have a slightly more accurate lithograph

Register Sign in to join the conversation