Gretsch Amps

Gretsch Grill Cloth where to buy?

Hi,

I`m looking for new front fabric and logotypes for my vintage amp 6159 built by Valco in 1962.

It's been 55 years. I doubt that you can find original material anymore. Good luck on finding something close.

Hi,

I`m looking for new front fabric and logotypes for my vintage amp 6159 built by Valco in 1962.

– currad

This site sells amp parts including grille cloth.

http://www.mojotone.com

Paul Setzer here might be able to help you with the logo.

Good luck.

Supro and Gretsch amp logos on eBay. Original grillecloth is unobtanium.

I wouldn't be surprised if Billy Zoom has some.

Send me a photo of what you want, and tell me how much you need. I'll see what I can do.

I've got some stuff like this:

photo cloth.jpg

'62 is wheaty looking stuff isn't it?

photo 1323487306.jpg

Thanks everyone for great response . This is how it looks, yellow-beige with horizontal silver threads.

I've got some stuff like this:

photo cloth.jpg

'62 is wheaty looking stuff isn't it?

photo 1323487306.jpg

– Setzer

Exactly as your lower photo Setzer.

Send me a photo of what you want, and tell me how much you need. I'll see what I can do.

– Billy Zoom

Hi Billy, this is how it looks, yellow-beige with horizontal silver threads. I need a piece 50 cm high and 70 cm wide.

Thanks everyone for great response . This is how it looks, yellow-beige with horizontal silver threads.

– currad

I found a similar amp on the net, where you can see the logos on the front, though "Bass Amp" in upper left corner is damaged.

Hi Billy, this is how it looks, yellow-beige with horizontal silver threads. I need a piece 50 cm high and 70 cm wide.

– currad

None of my grill cloth is metric.

That's about 9 square microfurlongs Billy

None of my grill cloth is metric.

– Billy Zoom

Ok Billy, that´s close to 20" high and 28" wide. If you have a suitable grill cloth for sale, I would be happy to buy it whatever width it is above 28"

Thanks for the link, I´ve searched it and they don´t seem to have what I´m looking for.

Otter & Billy, good luck making America great again. With your attitude it will not happen.

If I could make America metric, I'd consider that a win.

Though the furlong/firkin/fortnight system is my personal favorite.

– Otter

I'm going to use that but I'll still measure cricket pitches in chains.

Register Sign in to join the conversation