Gretsch Amps

Gretsch Artist Amp.

Anyone have information on this little guy? Still works. I would like to know the year. Thanks, RC

I have only seen one of these before. I am saying early 1950s but could be off. If there is conventional speaker code that could help date it.

Late 40s or VERY early 50s precursor to the 6150, I believe.

I have only seen one of these before. I am saying early 1950s but could be off. If there is conventional speaker code that could help date it.

– DCBirdMan

Thanks, I'll take the back off and look.

– DCBirdMan

The name on it is "Operadio" and the serial number is S-9951, do you have a way to look it up? Thanks, RC The tubes are GE, TungSol and CBS, all say made in USA.

Well after that description I'd really like to see a pic of the insides.

There were even some Operadio amps .. that makes me think late 40s.

– Suprdave

I will give it a try! Not too good at this stuff! (Old and clumsy) Grin

– Suprdave

Best I could do Dave,

How do you put two pictures on one post?

I checked the vintage catalogs and while there are a few different Gretsch Artist amps, there aren't any that look quite like this. Not saying this isn't one, it's just that there are none quite like this. Ed Ball might check in here if you change the title of the thread to "Mystery Gretsch Artist Amp." That's sure to get his attention.

Only one picture per post and add a piece of text (like a . ) and it'll load.

Also, check the potentiometer codes; that should give a time frame.

I checked the vintage catalogs and while there are a few different Gretsch Artist amps, there aren't any that look quite like this. Not saying this isn't one, it's just that there are none quite like this. Ed Ball might check in here if you change the title of the thread to "Mystery Gretsch Artist Amp." That's sure to get his attention.

Only one picture per post and add a piece of text (like a . ) and it'll load.

Also, check the potentiometer codes; that should give a time frame.

– lx

Don't know how to do all that stuff, and I would probably break something!

Register Sign in to join the conversation